Pirates of the Caribbean 4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Elizabeth is the better character by a long shot IMO.

She is the girl out of place. A totally different character than the pirates she gets surrounded with. And yet, during the first three films we see her character change from a wealthy governor's daughter into a pirate, which is pretty awesome to me! :rock

Angelica wasn't a bad character, but they made her too "piraty" if you know what I mean. I understand the concept of it all, being a perfect match to Jack, in both a good way as well as an antagonistic way, because they are a lot alike...
But it just didn't work, IMO, because of pretty much no character development for the new characters...

Thank God we knew much about Jack and Barbossa from the other films, because if this was the only POTC film, they would never have become so iconic and popular.

I thought about your post for awhile because you are absolutely right about the character. I think a lot of us who are saying we don't like Elizabeth are really saying we don't care for Keira Knightly. PotC was the first thing I ever saw her in and I made the mistake of listening to her interviews. She ruined Elizabeth for me. My own fault I guess. :slap

But no, Angelica really wasn't developed well and after seeing the scene after the credits I fear
Spoiler Spoiler:

I thought about your post for awhile because you are absolutely right about the character. I think a lot of us who are saying we don't like Elizabeth are really saying we don't care for Keira Knightly. PotC was the first thing I ever saw her in and I made the mistake of listening to her interviews. She ruined Elizabeth for me. My own fault I guess. :slap

But no, Angelica really wasn't developed well and after seeing the scene after the credits I fear
Spoiler Spoiler:

Yeah, I don't really have a problem with Keira Knightley. I'm not saying she's my favourite actress out there, but she did a pretty good job in most of the films I've seen her in.

As for Angelica...

Spoiler Spoiler:

Funny how she might get that heat thing that makes jack so wobbly. Just hope they bring back so old characters in the next two.

They're all dead...so I dont think that will happen.

That may not be in spite of what Barbossa said. They could be trapped in the bottle. Jack the monkey is alive(or rather undead) in the bottle. Gulls where also alive in the bottle.

That possible too...but I dont know. I dont get the trapping ____ in the bottle...didnt make any sense too me...how did he do it?

Just...magic? Gah. So underdeveloped.

They can always explain further how the Triton sword and bottles work
Spoiler Spoiler:

I'm going to watch a film today thanks to some free tickets which I have received. So I'm deciding between Source Code or OST. What film do you guys think is worth watching?

I wish they'd get away from all the supernatural stuff. CotB was a pirate movie with supernatural elements, now the series are supernatural movies with pirates in them. If the supernatural is going to be a part of it, I'd rather it be of the sailor mythology (like Davy Jones and the mermaids) type.

Even if Blackbeard's power and Angelica's backstory are explained in the next movie, it's still too late. They should have given it to us in this one so we'd care about the characters more. Depp says the next movies will be stand alones. I hope that means the OST new characters will be replaced with better thought out one. As Entity pointed out, Elizabeth (love her or hate her) had a developed backstory and character evolution; so did Will.

If the old crew comes back, I'm sure there'll be some ridiculous way of explaining it. :rolleyes2

Well the thing is, they didnt say it was the Sword of Triton....they didnt say anything about it. Hell, you didnt even know it was the sword that had the power, until the end.

If they just said that Blackbeard was a collector of such relics, and the sword was his most prized possesion, gaining power to control ships....then that would've made the whole thing make sense.

It also would've been better if Blackbeard HUNG and killed everyone of the mutineer's on his ship, save for Sparrow because he knows where the fountain is.

They can always explain further how the Triton sword and bottles work
Spoiler Spoiler:

I think the Triton sword is only in piratesonline which loosely follows the storyline of the movies. While its a cool thing in game, it was never mentioned in the movie. :(

Just came back from watching OST. I don't know why there's so much hate on it, I rather enjoyed it. Sparrow was entertaining as always, McShane did his part well and I thought the whole movie was great.

Although I was little surprised at the state of Barbossas face when he first came on screen.

I found Black beard very boring, nowhere near as threatening as i was hoping for:(...not a patch on Barbossa as the villain in the first movie.

I guess it might have something to do with the fact that Jack and co were walking around the place side by side with him for most of the movie.

Back