Pirates of the Caribbean 4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I felt like I was watching the 3rd movie in a trilogy, with great characters I didnt know anything about and possibly awesome story elements I missed out on, like ships in bottles, remote control ships, voodoo zombie pirates, nuns turned pirates, pirates working for kings...ect ect ect.

I need a prequel.

While somewhat fun, the movie was easily forgettable. Meh.

I felt like I was watching the 3rd movie in a trilogy, with great characters I didnt know anything about and possibly awesome story elements I missed out on, like ships in bottles, remote control ships, voodoo zombie pirates, nuns turned pirates, pirates working for kings...ect ect ect.

:exactly::goodpost:

I need a prequel.

While somewhat fun, the movie was easily forgettable. Meh.

My friend was next to me in the cinema watching this with me ..first potc film he had ever seen!:horror

Saw this today. Wasn't expecting much, but was still disappointed.

Loved the 1st and 2nd PotC movies, can't even remember the 3rd..

It was an okay movie, everything was so crammed together though, imo. There wasn't enough character, in the...characters.

saw the movie on the weekend...one question dunno if this has been answered..what happened to the religions guy?

Finally got around to watching this movie last night. I thought it was much better than Dead Man's Chest and At World's End. Yeah, some of the characters were miscast, but ultimately I'm glad they paired back from the ridiculousness of the last two movies.

I saw this today.It was great movie much much better than very crappy at world's end.Johny Depp is so funny and excellent as Jack Sparrow.This is mayde best POTC movie so far.

I saw this today.It was great movie much much better than very crappy at world's end.Johny Depp is so funny and excellent as Jack Sparrow.This is mayde best POTC movie so far.

Really? Better than Curse of the Black Pearl? Yeah, I can't agree with you that OST is the best. But plot holes aside it was a fun watch.

I'm surprised at how much you guys liked this movie.
I watched the second one again today and felt sad that the franchise is slowly fading away..

I just love the first 2.

I haven't even seen it yet, and with X-Men coming out this weekend, I really don't have an interest to. I think I'm honestly just tired of Jack Sparrow and the lack of real writing with him - his schtick got old for me in the sequels, and since Depp's said in interviews the character is exactly the same..... *shrugs*. That's boring, especially since he's now the true lead.

It just looks really lackluster in the previews, and from what friends have been saying, it's mediocre at best. I'll get around to it eventually. Maybe on dvd.

Saw this last night, and after all the bad reviews, I guess I was surprised that it wasn't as bad as I'd heard. Not the best POTC movie, but not the worst. I felt like it was modeled more along the lines of the original movie than the previous two films, but it just wasn't as funny as its predecessors.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:
Not only that, but I would love to see turner come back and woop some ass. POTC 4 seemed like it was missing something major, still loved it though.

I dont care who is the backup bad guy, as long as they dont ruin the final battle again. I mean ____...it was like someone pressed pause, and kicked everyone out of the theater...

Finally saw this last night, and loved it! Terrific entertainment. Glad I saw it in 3D, the mermaids rippling the water and Blackbeard's skeletal hand reaching out of the screen were great gags.

I'd probably rank this second behind CotBP. Blackbeard was fantastic and really felt like an old school "Disney pirate." In fact with the lack of the Trading Company the film just felt more "piratey" all around and I really liked that. It also felt like something we could have taken our 4 year old daughter to, as opposed to the sometimes extra fearsome latter two films. I know that might be a turn off to action/horror fans who don't have kids yet but its nice when a true family picture comes around once in a while.

I need a prequel.

I liked the lack of setup! It gave the film an "in media res" quality like the original Star Wars and Raiders of the Lost Ark where the heroes (Princess Leia and Indiana Jones, respectively) start the film with a detailed backstory with the villains that is only mentioned in passing as the action heats up. Too bad that didn't work for you in Pirates.

Last edited:
Back