Pirates of the Caribbean 4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder why the vest change, since it looks the same other than having pattern, so it's not like there's a plot point for picking up a new one.

Well, say it was magic then. They just said Tia Dalma brought him back. With a film with so many secrets and motives, explaining something that important would have been nice. It was Barbossa's motive to free Calypso afterall. Payback.

I can't imagine what it could be beyond magic. Or whatever term you would want to use for a goddess' ability to bring someone back from death.

Ultimately, their stories have run their course, bringing them back would feel forced.

Barbossa on the other hand, his relationship with Jack is like Batman and Joker, you feel like they should always be bumping into each other and never able to escape one another.

I love that comparison. I don't know that I really picked up on them as being enemies though, more like opponents and occasional allies who don't particularly like each other.

That is definately true. I definately seem them in that light too. They continue to cross paths. Sometimes as allies, but mostly as enemies.

I hope they explain what happened to the Pearl since Barbossa seems to be in the Royal Navy now and I doubt he is using the Pearl over an HMS. And Jack still seems to be looking for a ship. Perhaps the Pearl is what they offer Jack for his services?

:lol The Pearl is in Royal impound.

I guess it really depends if the Captain of the Dutchman really dies when the heart is stabbed. I suppose he could be just released from his calling. But that would also leave it open for Will to be freed as well, and frankly I don't mind them being gone :lol

But I have to admit, Davy Jones Vs Blackbeard would be really cool. So if they can come up with a way to bring Davy back, I'd be fine with it. Best part is, they don't really need to explain how he came back. Barbossa is proof enough of that! :lol

I love the idea of Davy dying, thereby being released from his duty as Captain of the Dutchman and Calypso bringing him back in human form and then he and Blackbeard go at it. I think it would create a problem similar to the last two movies though where there is too much going on.

I wonder why the vest change, since it looks the same other than having pattern, so it's not like there's a plot point for picking up a new one.

Maybe he absconded with some treasure and decided to pick up a snazzy new vest.

This guy over at KTTC is making the new Jack Sparrow vest:
https://www.keeptothecode.com/bboard/viewtopic.php?t=19959&start=0

Also with the descriptions of the POTC/OST LEGo sets coming out, speculation is the Black Pearl is in the bottle.
LEGO 4191 The Captain's Cabin ($11.99 USD / $14.99 CAD / £10.49 GBP)
In the dead of night, Captain Jack Sparrow sneaks into the captain's cabin to steal a coveted ship-in-a-bottle. As he turns to leave, two pirates jump out of the shadows. With nowhere to run, will he be able to fend them off and escape with the loot?

https://www.play.com/Toys/Toys/-/3501/27 ... oduct.html
29uofwy.jpg

Looks awesome. I knew they weren't going to stop after At World's End, not with the way they ended it. No no. No matter how many people told me they were done I knew :p

Unless something's changed, nope.

The only confirmed returning characters are Jack, Barbossa and Gibbs, though in one of the trailers, one of the navy guys looks like the same one from the other movies, "that has to be the best pirate I've ever seen".

I met marty at a comic con a few months ago and he confirmed that pintel, ragetti and marty are all out of the movie. Kind of sucks I really liked their humor.

Back