Pirates of the Caribbean 4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And he looks as entertaining as ever in the new trailer. I laughed my butt off already.

You know the feeling to jump...I don't have it. :lol

Man, I just wish they could've worked Naomi Harris into this movie as Tia Dalma/Calypso again. I loved her character so much. It's a shame Calypso's played her part in the series.

I'm not a big fan of cameo's for a cameo's sake or shoehorning a character in a movie just because they were cool in the last one. f they had a good reason for her to be in the movie it'd be nice to ee her again, otherwise I'm glad she's not.

Does anybody remember when this pic leaked??

potc3.jpg

I found it in my old 'cool pics' archive. Everybody was freaking out cuz Jack changed his costume. Now I look at it and think "Hey, that's Elizabeth's costume, they pulled a fast one on us"

The guy whose responsible for that certainly fooled a LOT of people..though unintentionally. There are still people who wonder what became of " Singapore Jack ".. lol

Tia Dalma shows up from time to time in the book series..I wouldn't completely rule her out of any future films..or Davy for that matter what with her ability to revive the dead. ;)

But would Davy still be all fishy or would he return to his human form? I'd be game for him coming back. Bill Nighy is awesome. Rush being so awesome is what got Barbossa back. I still wish they had explained his resurrection though. Perhaps in this one?

But would Davy still be all fishy or would he return to his human form? I'd be game for him coming back. Bill Nighy is awesome. Rush being so awesome is what got Barbossa back. I still wish they had explained his resurrection though. Perhaps in this one?

I'd like to see an undead Davy Jones--they could do a lot of interesting stuff with that

I'm glad they didn't explain it. IMO one of the biggest things movies suffer from these days is a need to explain everything. I like a little mystery left in things.

Yeah, I don't think they need to spell EVERYTHING out, but Barbossa shows up at the end of DMC and there is only one, quick little line about him being back in AWE. It just seems like they needed to say a bit more about how a guy that died in the last movie is back now.

Well, say it was magic then. They just said Tia Dalma brought him back. With a film with so many secrets and motives, explaining something that important would have been nice. It was Barbossa's motive to free Calypso afterall. Payback.

Ultimately, their stories have run their course, bringing them back would feel forced.

Barbossa on the other hand, his relationship with Jack is like Batman and Joker, you feel like they should always be bumping into each other and never able to escape one another.

That is definately true. I definately seem them in that light too. They continue to cross paths. Sometimes as allies, but mostly as enemies.

I hope they explain what happened to the Pearl since Barbossa seems to be in the Royal Navy now and I doubt he is using the Pearl over an HMS. And Jack still seems to be looking for a ship. Perhaps the Pearl is what they offer Jack for his services?

I hope they explain what happened to the Pearl since Barbossa seems to be in the Royal Navy now and I doubt he is using the Pearl over an HMS. And Jack still seems to be looking for a ship. Perhaps the Pearl is what they offer Jack for his services?

Davy Jones escaped from his own locker, because who else would know better than he. He stole the pearl from Barbosa and is now on a warpath against Jack. :yess::yess::yess:

:lol :monkey3

I guess it really depends if the Captain of the Dutchman really dies when the heart is stabbed. I suppose he could be just released from his calling. But that would also leave it open for Will to be freed as well, and frankly I don't mind them being gone :lol

But I have to admit, Davy Jones Vs Blackbeard would be really cool. So if they can come up with a way to bring Davy back, I'd be fine with it. Best part is, they don't really need to explain how he came back. Barbossa is proof enough of that! :lol

I guess it really depends if the Captain of the Dutchman really dies when the heart is stabbed. I suppose he could be just released from his calling. But that would also leave it open for Will to be freed as well, and frankly I don't mind them being gone :lol

But I have to admit, Davy Jones Vs Blackbeard would be really cool. So if they can come up with a way to bring Davy back, I'd be fine with it. Best part is, they don't really need to explain how he came back. Barbossa is proof enough of that! :lol

Yeah, Two legendary characters from seafaring folklore battle it out...awesome

Davy is my favorite character from the pirate movies, I know it's extremely unlikely he would come back, but if he did i would be ecstatic.

It would be extremely entertaining seeing a captain trio dynamic going on between Barbosa, human Davy and Sparrow. Sort of building on the odd couple vibe they had going on in the third movie.

Yeah, I think with like Barbossa, Davy was a great character to have around and killing him off was a big mistake. But like I said, they were able to bring back Barbossa from the dead, so I suppose Davy could as well. Perhaps even bring back Tia Dalma that way as well. Maybe she really did love him and brings him back because of that? Lets just hope they don't kill Blackbeard off before they figure out a way to bring back Davy.

Back