Pictures of your modified 99 Hasbro 12" Darth Maul

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's mine:

custommaul1kn9.jpg

callous said:
I destroyered my hasbro maul long ago trying to mod it and make it better... tear:monkey2
But in the end Im glad I did because it forced me to find better sources like this GG re-cast mod tha I painted up.

maulcast6.jpg

maulcast3.jpg
I always thought you sculpted that head, it looks great none the less. I haven't painted mine yet, glad I waited because I'd now like to drill the eyes out like you did on yours to make it a little different then Sideshow's version.
I remember seeing a grin'n version you also made, what was that head cast from, do you have any available?

Thanks hurricane of more updating pics!

Wow~ What a nice piece of work and pose! Customikey!

My favourite pose of Maul! Thanks of sharing! Brent72!

Here's mine...
PICT0042.jpg

PICT0043.jpg

He has quite a history; his body is the Product Enterprises Dracula, which I felt was too short for Chris Lee, so I swapped the head and hands onto a Sideshow.I then took the de-haired head from David St. Hubbins, added the horns, painted appropriately and attached it to the PE body. Costume is Hasblo; boots and gloves were acquired at SBP in the spares bins(Gahd I miss that store!). I also turned a saber for him on the lathe, as I hate those rubbery things Hasblo makes. The'rock-star' acowl works well for him, don't you think?...PS

thanks Hurricane... absolutely beautiful! i think you have just ruined the SST one for me personally... any chance you will be making more in the new year?

First off, let me say I am one of Hurricane's biggest fans and that he does absolutely incredible custom work. His custom Vader figures are simply THE BEST and have yet to be topped by any other customizers. However, in this case, I think Sideshow's Maul is noticeably better than his(especially in the face). I do like his custom boots better than the one on the SS figure, but I think the face is the most important part of Maul and I give Sideshow the nod in this instance. No offense, Hurricane. :cool:

automaton said:
thanks Hurricane... absolutely beautiful! i think you have just ruined the SST one for me personally... any chance you will be making more in the new year?
ive parts enough to make a new one.....maybe I will, anyway this is a pic (sorry its in a collage thingy no other record of it anymore) of the First version i made of Maul..And no offence taken Brent, im dead eager to get this figure(any day now!!!)sideshows best to date imho
pack1.jpg

I would hardly say it is "noticeably" better... perhaps "noticeably" different... neither better or worse... just a different interpretation of the character than Hurricane's.

Back