1/6 (PICS) Didn't think I would, but I LOVE my Selina Kyle on her BATPOD after REPAINT

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JazzInc

Super Freak
Reaction score
I got Batman the Dark Knight, the Batpod and the DX11 joker from batman, so I thought Selina Kyle Catwoman would look cool on that.

However, when I opened up the box, I was disappointed. The hairline looked weird, the face was very doll-like and it was like I bought a guy-barbie.

I fixed the hairline and put the mask over it. I repainted the face and applied real make up powder to get the skin looking less glossy and smooth. I also fixed the mouth and added more lines to the face, like Anne Hathaway has in the movies. Really made quite a difference!

Check out the pics!

selina2.jpg

selina3.jpg

selina5.jpg

EDIT: ADDED SOME NEW PICS BASED ON SUBTLE REPAINT AFTER FEEDBACK
selina10.jpg
selina11.jpg
selina13.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like a chain smoking middle aged woman...

Also theres already a discussion thread where this would be more appropriate

I can imagine you'd think so, with the close-ups and some photoshop sharpening (too much I guess), but in real life, it looks perfect

Plus, the stock head looks too much like a standard barbie head:
$T2eC16F,!)8E9s4l59QeBR5!TN4kQ!~~60_57.JPG

Last edited:
I got Batman the Dark Knight, the Batpod and the DX11 joker from batman, so I thought Selina Kyle Catwoman would look cool on that.

However, when I opened up the box, I was disappointed. The hairline looked weird, the face was very doll-like and it was like I bought a guy-barbie.

I fixed the hairline and put the mask over it. I repainted the face and applied real make up powder to get the skin looking less glossy and smooth. I also fixed the mouth and added more lines to the face, like Anne Hathaway has in the movies. Really made quite a difference!

Check out the pics!

How does the fixed hairline look? We can't see it with the mask over it....unless putting the mask over it is the fix.

The fixed hairline looked a little bit better, but the best fix is putting the mask over it.

BTW, I appreciate all the opinions, but to me she looks a little haggard in the movie. I have put together one of my photos with the two screenshots I used for the repaint. Doesn't look too haggard compared to those to me. I can clearly see lines and shadows on her face, despite the movie makeup. What do you think?

compare.jpg

The fixed hairline looked a little bit better, but the best fix is putting the mask over it.

BTW, I appreciate all the opinions, but to me she looks a little haggard in the movie. I have put together one of my photos with the two screenshots I used for the repaint. Doesn't look too haggard compared to those to me. I can clearly see lines and shadows on her face, despite the movie makeup. What do you think?

compare.jpg

I think I get your goal, but I'm sorry to say that to me the end product of your repaint went overboard.

You were aiming for what you see is screen accurate, which is good as realism is what we dig mostly in 1/6 figures. However, when it comes to details in relation to scale, we have to keep in mind the rule of diminishing detail (which is also applicable in drawing). The farther the subject is in proximity and/or the smaller the subject becomes, details should lessen, some to the point of disappearing. This is also known as "less is more".

If we reverse this rule and we blow up your Selina Kyle into a 1:1 model wearing your paint mod, compare it to even a full HD screen shot of Ms Hathaway at her most "haggard" in TDKR, and you might be surprised that she doesn't look as haggard as your blown up model would be.

Just some constructive criticism, my friend and I hope you don't mind! :wave

Looks like great paint work to me.

She looks a little strung out like she lived a rough life (like the MMS 117 T-800), but the paintwork is pretty damn good.

I agree that she seems a little too haggard for Catwoman, but, in terms of realism, you did a fantastic job. Don't let folks get you down! :hi5:

Thanks for the constructive feedback HuebertMichael. But for most of the rest of the replies, I never encountered that kind of nasty feedback on this forum before. I understand if it's really not your cup of tea, but the tone might've been nicer

Back