1/6 (PICS) Didn't think I would, but I LOVE my Selina Kyle on her BATPOD after REPAINT

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I kinda like it, great pics, pose and paint job. Maybe it'd be better to take a clear pic of the sculpt. But it looks like the shadows might not be helping and the lips should be red. But that's just my opinion, you being happy with it is all that matters

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I like it. Maybe does add a few years but the overall paint job is fantastic. I think id like to see a bit more red on the lips as well. Interesting to see how the makeup holds up.

Looks allot more realistic.

I like it and like some mentioned, adding a bit more red on her lips will make the sculpt even better.

the problem I see is that the lines around her mouth and under her eyes are way too strong. That's what makes her look old. That plus the lack of red in the lips

Even in the pics he posted of the real catwoman her mouth and cheek lines are not as strong.

The fixed hairline looked a little bit better, but the best fix is putting the mask over it.

BTW, I appreciate all the opinions, but to me she looks a little haggard in the movie. I have put together one of my photos with the two screenshots I used for the repaint. Doesn't look too haggard compared to those to me. I can clearly see lines and shadows on her face, despite the movie makeup. What do you think?

compare.jpg
I've commented on your work before Jazz- you've definitely got some skills mate.. but nah.

Those photos of Anne look nothing like your figure. You've made it look LESS like her now. :lol

I think the new skin tone and lip color are great, but the lines coming down from her nose to around her mouth are making her look older.

The paintwork is very, very interesting. Anymore shots? A bit less shadows? Thats what might be giving peoples negative views. Even Hot Toys paintwork can look good or bad under the right or wrong lighting.

The paintwork is very, very interesting. Anymore shots? A bit less shadows? Thats what might be giving peoples negative views. Even Hot Toys paintwork can look good or bad under the right or wrong lighting.

yeah that's true. she might look even older under the right lighting lol (jk)

It's more realistic but less "ideal". Maybe that's the problem they have with it. I think you have made the face truer to your reference material.

Very life-like repaint- too old looking for Hathaway because of the deepened tones/lines on her jaw/mouth area that makes her look older ...however, realistic looking and accomplished work!:clap

Some more photos of your paintwork might help. It does look like she has some more facial "lines" that contribute to a more "aged" look.

It does look more fabulously realistic though! However, it also contribute to an "older" looking Hathaway than we saw in the flick.

Yeah bit too much sniping on this thread; I'd imagine coming from one or two who have zero painting skills to boot.
As someone else has commented, as long as the OP is happy that's the most important thing :)

One person was brave enough to say ''ehhhh, I don't like it really'' and then a bunch of others felt they could jump on the bandwagon. Its unfortunate for the OP to have gotten that one brave person. So many other customs don't get the kind of criticism that they may actually deserve because no one has the balls to say ''well hang on a second, sorry but....''.

Frankly I think the stock figure looks $h!te and cartoony (which would be fine if that were the objective but we know it's not) so yeah this custom, to me, is an improvement.

One person was brave enough to say ''ehhhh, I don't like it really'' and then a bunch of others felt they could jump on the bandwagon. Its unfortunate for the OP to have gotten that one brave person. So many other customs don't get the kind of criticism that they may actually deserve because no one has the balls to say ''well hang on a second, sorry but....''.

Frankly I think the stock figure looks $h!te and cartoony (which would be fine if that were the objective but we know it's not) so yeah this custom, to me, is an improvement.

Yeh, the stock paint is rubbish imo. I think the eyes are a definite improvement on Jazz's repaint, the cheeks a bit too heavy on the wrinkles (based on the pics shown) and the lips could've kept the red lustre of the stock paint app. But on balance I reckon it's an improvement, and Jazz is satisfied that the effect in hand is (as always) much better than the pics suggest.

Jazz has taken the critical feedback with good grace, props to him.

Even though folks are getting in their two cents I'd much prefer people be honest about what they see than have happen here what happens at OSW: people throwing up sculpts and bashes and paint apps that are truly terrible and others falling over themselves to comment on how great it is. There's being positive and there's being patronising. That kind of flattery also diminishes the impact of positive comments made about some of the really great works that pop up.

meh, if I see something funny about a custom I'll make a joke or post a silly gif, that's not new for me, Yes, there was some bandwagon jumping, but the pics made me laugh even before I read any of the comments.

As for being serious, Anne Hathaway is much more pale, (besides the fact that as catwoman she Always had a lot of make up on, lipstick and eye liner)

So without making fun of OP, this does look realistic in the sense that this is what Anne will look like in 10 years (specially the lines around the mouth). in that sense then yeah it does look more real

Last edited:
Back