1/6 (PICS) Didn't think I would, but I LOVE my Selina Kyle on her BATPOD after REPAINT

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I for one am glad the comments toned down a bit and stopped me thinking I must be crazy (because I do not see a 60 year old woman in the pictures).

Anyway, I toned down the paintwork a bit and added a bit of red to the lips (I still think the same red as in the movie would not work on a doll and give it too much of a barbie effect.)

Here are some more pictures. No editing whatsoever.

selina10.jpg
selina11.jpg
selina12.jpg
selina13.jpg

that looks nicer. I know you hate the red lips because of the barbie effect but this figure really needs it to be screen accurate. I know you dont want to do the red lips and that's what you are happy with, but I don't think red looks like barbie,

I've seen other catwoman customs that look very very good and realistic.

Hair looks disheveled. Make up, a bit messy and too pronounce. Kinda looks like "interrogation scene" cat woman, if there ever was one in TDKR. :lol

But what's important is that you like it, since that's what matters.

You did make her look more realistic even if the "hardening" effect makes her look older.I think you did a remarkable job...even if it loses the Hathaway exactness.
I do think honest critical remarks (not insults) are justified and I don't care for people over compensating by saying mediocre work should be gushed over..that is pointless.

My comment was polite & honest - no band wagon jumper here. :huh

meh, if I see something funny about a custom I'll make a joke or post a silly gif, that's not new for me, Yes, there was some bandwagon jumping, but the pics made me laugh even before I read any of the comments.

As for being serious, Anne Hathaway is much more pale, (besides the fact that as catwoman she Always had a lot of make up on, lipstick and eye liner)

So without making fun of OP, this does look realistic in the sense that this is what Anne will look like in 10 years (specially the lines around the mouth). in that sense then yeah it does look more real

Sorry chaps. My post kinda made out like you were a bunch of A-holes and yet at the same time suggested that people should do this in other custom threads.

It's only because this doesn't happen in very many custom threads (that I've seen anyway) that made it seem harsh in here. But respectful criticism ought to be acceptable anywhere.

Looks much better! The toning helped!

I still would like to see some straight-on photos and perhaps in different lights to see how detailed the paintwork is. But that's up to you! :)

The skin colouring looks realistic, but yeah.....you made her look 55.

Looks better with the tweaks. I Like it. You have managed to add a lot more realism with the paint up.

Last edited:
Man there's some dicks on this board.
"Why does this thread exist?"
"Merge!"
"Ugly. Awful. Me awesome".

I forgot these people own the forums.
:slap

But, I digress.

I think it was a great idea. If it wasn't for the accent on the wrinkles at the mouth and under the eyes... It would've hit the spot. Hathaway isn't attractive anyway, so there's no way you hurt the figure.

Good experience regardless. Your next repaint will be even better.

Thanks, I was surprised too! As for these people owning the forums, I have never encountered such behaviour on the other subforums of SideshowFreaks. So lets hope it stays contained in the DC forums ;-)

Man there's some dicks on this board.
"Why does this thread exist?"
"Merge!"
"Ugly. Awful. Me awesome".

I forgot these people own the forums.
:slap

But, I digress.

I think it was a great idea. If it wasn't for the accent on the wrinkles at the mouth and under the eyes... It would've hit the spot. Hathaway isn't attractive anyway, so there's no way you hurt the figure.

Good experience regardless. Your next repaint will be even better.

The thing to do is put the dicks on "ignore". I haven't been back posting here for very long and I've already had to put one asshat on ignore, unfortunately.

And like others have said, all you have to do with that repaint is de-emphasize the lines coming down from the sides of her nose and under her eyes a bit--other than that the lifelike skin tone is awesome and much better than the stock paint job, which does look a bit Barbie-ish.

Thanks, I was surprised too! As for these people owning the forums, I have never encountered such behaviour on the other subforums of SideshowFreaks. So lets hope it stays contained in the DC forums ;-)

Just show 'em up with more of your great repaints!

she looks better but she still looks sunburned, like she was out too long and the sun burned her face.

The thing to do is put the dicks on "ignore". I haven't been back posting here for very long and I've already had to put one asshat on ignore, unfortunately.

And like others have said, all you have to do with that repaint is de-emphasize the lines coming down from the sides of her nose and under her eyes a bit--other than that the lifelike skin tone is awesome and much better than the stock paint job, which does look a bit Barbie-ish.

:lol

Oh boy....

Back