PHICEN 1/6th scale Sparta Warrior Action Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it is simply a fantasy figure. not intended to be a Historical figure. but since none of us were alive during the times of this type of warrior who can say 100% there was never a greek woman warrior? If there were I doubt she would have looked like this. but again this is pure fantasy and I for one love it.

:lolI just wanted to know if there was anyone out there who thought this is suppose to be a actual historical representation of an actual female Spartan warrior? if there were female warriors they was probably only a handful. just because something is not in history books don't mean it could not have been.

I hate when I read post about how a real warrior would not wear that. I thought anyone who saw this would know this is purely fantasy aimed at guys who like Hot women. if you want something historical and practical this is not the figure for you, but why knock it on those grounds when fantasy is all this is suppose to be. I don't hear them knocking Superman and other heroes, because they are only fantasy also. so I hope people will judge this in that same context....my rant for today :lol:lol:lol

better than the red sonja, but my god the CROTCH on this figure lol

I understand that female figures with big assets are eye-catching and probably sell well,
as the 1/6 collecting is more of a man's hobby.
I also understand that a fantasy figure can have whatever costume (or not) so we men can get excited.
Forget that I am Greek and think the following:
If you were of a certain nation and know for a fact from history (ancient books & drawings)
that your people did or did not do certain tasks at their time,
how would you feel if your predecessors were presented as a figure in a way that is wrong of their image?
How would you feel if for example you were American and a cowboy was presented as a 1/6 slave ?
How would you feel if for example you were French and Joan of Arc was presented as an 1/6 erotic object?

If an ancient Greek female like the goddess Aphrodite was presented in such a way, I would have no problem with that.
She was the goddess of love so yes it would be accurate to portray her in such a way.
If a female from a fantasy movie (e.g Poson Ivy) was presented in such a way, again it would be ok.
So except the historical inaccuracy (The "Sparta" name should not be used on this figure's title) I feel offended,
as an ancient female character (Spartan woman) of my country is presented in such a wrong, sexism way.

__

tumblr_inline_mh2o54UcQM1qerkg1.gif

How would you feel if for example you were American and a cowboy was presented as a 1/6 slave ?
I get what you're trying to go for overall in your argument. But for this one, I'm fairly sure there's a fair share of sexy cowgirls out there and it's not taken as offensive at all.

I understand that female figures with big assets are eye-catching and probably sell well,
I also understand that a fantasy figure can have whatever costume (or not) so we men can get excited.
If you were of a certain nation and know for a fact from history (ancient books & drawings)
how would you feel if your predecessors were presented as a figure in a way that is wrong of their image?
How would you feel if for example you were French and Joan of Arc was presented as an 1/6 erotic object?

If an ancient Greek female like the goddess Aphrodite was presented in such a way, I would have no problem with that.
She was the goddess of love so yes it would be accurate to portray her in such a way.
If a female from a fantasy movie (e.g Poson Ivy) was presented in such a way, again it would be ok.
So except the historical inaccuracy (The "Sparta" name should not be used on this figure's title) I feel offended,
as an ancient female character (Spartan woman) of my country is presented in such a wrong, sexism way.

sensitive to your feeling please accept my apology. but you can accept a movie about 300 half naked Spartans running around in a movie, but you are offended by a 1/6 half naked woman....now that seem like sexism also. again this figure is purely fantasy not intended for realism or to insult anyone. just made for our enjoyment. I am sure there are plenty of other misrepresentation in the 1/6 world of people from different walks of life and the most of us don't feel offended ....it is what it is...entertainment.

i think you're taking the figure a little too seriously. it's obviously just a T&A figure for the fun of it.

The body is perfect for a Wonder Woman bash. I do agree the face needs to be a bit more stern.

Yeah, I've been thinking about getting a Phicen to replace the HT Wonder Woman body, which will probably be pretty poor.
But I doubt Phicen will release a body that is anywhere close to Gal Gadot's physique... their female bodies are pretty large in the bust department.

yeah, a phicen wont be able to fit hot toys WW's top of her outfit.

it could if you try hard enough, but the breasts will make her look ridiculous with the top being too tight/ill fitted ect

They have different bust sizes. Small medium large and extra large. The only real difference is the musculature. This has a very muscular physique as apposed to a more feminine one.

Yes. I'm sure you are right. They need to produce all shapes sizes and colors like now!

Back