PF Frodo Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
someone around here recently was asking if any of our talented artists/customizers ever worked on PFs and i have to echo that query. i'd love to see someone here try a repaint (or perhaps a slight resculpt), because i bet they could make Wood materialize out of this piece.

Got him today. But he came with a giant paint smudge on Sting. :monkey2

I guess I should contact customer service about it.

Frodo2.jpg

I'm hoping to get an email from Mike at Razor's Edge any day now. It only takes 1 day to get to me from him so hopefully he gets his shipment today or tomorrow.

Got my invoice today for Frodo PF... It's on the way to the EU warehouse, this means will be here in 20 days or so.

tomandshell said:
Khev--I hope you like it! Mine continues to grow on me. I really, really love it more every time I look at it.

I agree, I finally got mine set up in his permanent (somewhat) display location. I have mine displayed lower than eye level, and the piece is really impressive. :clap

tomandshell said:
Khev--I hope you like it! Mine continues to grow on me. I really, really love it more every time I look at it.
Awesome. :) Hey remember that part in The Two Towers when Frodo and Sam were right at the gates of Mordor and then had to circle back around, got captured by Faramir, then didn't make it back to Mordor until much later? Well Frodo showed up today but my wife couldn't make it to the door in time. Off to Osgiliad he goes until making a return trip tomorrow. :eek:

Khev said:
Awesome. :) Hey remember that part in The Two Towers when Frodo and Sam were right at the gates of Mordor and then had to circle back around, got captured by Faramir, then didn't make it back to Mordor until much later? Well Frodo showed up today but my wife couldn't make it to the door in time. Off to Osgiliad he goes until making a return trip tomorrow. :eek:
Are your front gates, by any chance... Black? ;)

Mine just came today. I haven't been able to get him on the base yet. Its going to take some careful work.

I must say that I am very disappointed in the paint job on mine. His skin tone looks very unnatural -- sort of like a jaundiced man who spent too much time in a tanning bed. Its much too dark and much too yellowish. I suppose I'll get used to it, but I sure don't like it. Disappointing for the price. And, of course, there's the bad mouth. Looks very strange the way it is painted.

No thought of returning it, but I do wish his face looked better.

CAhobbit said:
Got him today. But he came with a giant paint smudge on Sting. :monkey2

I guess I should contact customer service about it.

Sorry to hear about that. Maybe it's Orc blood? ;)

I just got my Frodo this morning, number 17/1000. I had to rush to work so I'll add pictures this evening.

Impressions:

Paint:

Based on feedback on this forum I was expecting the worst but I was actually very impressed with what I saw. The paint job on mine was fantastic. The lazy eye was not there. In fact, the eyes were very nicely done. The hair was painted very carefully, it definitely didn't look like the other pics where the paint was slopped on covering parts of the forehead.

I guess one could comment on the lips and the lack of color between them, but it wasn't a big deal.

Costume:

The costume is amazing, the detail is fantastic!!!

The Base:

I really like the base, the TM press on was not very noticable.

Overall:

I'm so glad I got this figure, it really is an icon piece for a PF LOTR collection. For all the negativity on the facial scultp I was very pleased. It looks so much better in person.

Seems we are getting different outlooks on the PF.

Still debating on him, now that I just found out today that my wait list for PF Lurtz Exclu. finally got converted. WOO! :rock

Boba Fett said:
Seems we are getting different outlooks on the PF.

Still debating on him, now that I just found out today that my wait list for PF Lurtz Exclu. finally got converted. WOO! :rock

Boba....if you want my opinion...if your planning on continueing the LOTR PF line after Lurtz...Frodo is a must have!!!

Mike (Razor's Edge) just got his shipment and mine will be shipping today and here tomorrow.

:banana :banana :banana :banana :banana

Kookie said:
Boba....if you want my opinion...if your planning on continueing the LOTR PF line after Lurtz...Frodo is a must have!!!

You can't go far without the ringbearer. :frodo

Back