Persons Unknown TV Show

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyway watched the first 2 episodes ..awesome so far!
When i first seen this thread "Persons Unknown TV Show" ..i thought it was a thread for shows you slightly remember or don't know the name of from your childhood lol:slap ..and thats why i brought up that puppet show and asked "what is this show you are talking about" :lol:slap

Is there a thread for shows people forget? ..because i made one, thought it would be an interesting thread! https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2608291#post2608291

I thought it was a bit random. :lol :wink1:

Glad you liked the first 2 episodes though.

So what u all think of episode 3? ..i could see that gas mask thing coming a mile away ..ooh and at the end with the picture of her husband!

The picture looked fake, but I could see it. Don't care for that storyline so far.

As for the people, yea, saw the reverse gasmask thing coming lol. Not being able to burn anything was a bit lame. Janet's character overreacts a bit too much.

Also the previews keep showing a female with cornrow hairstyle that has not been revealed it.

Eh, it's not any worse than most of the garbage on tv. Stick with the hundreds of scripted "reality", medical and cop dramas.

Okay, I'm finally caught up with the show.

A few questions/thought:

1) Why doesn't anybody think of breaking a window in this show? :cuckoo:

2) Why aren't they all more freaked out by the incident where the van was driving away from the village one minute and the next it's driving towards it after a flash of light? That would be super weird and totally worthy of at least a little conversation. They talk in detail about every other aspect of there imprisonment.

I guess we can assume that the talked about it during the 5 days they were digging the tunnel off camera... still, i hope we come back to that.

There's a bit of the Dome going on here too - the teleporting technology seems a bit out there. Are there aliens in the attic?

I am betting against aliens.

3) I don't think any of the 'prisoners' is a mole, but if they went that way it should be Joe Tucker. That would be the most shocking.

4) Totally saw the reverse gas mask thing coming.

5) Enjoying the show for the most part. Not totally on board with the stuff going on outside the village, although the creepy grandma thing is kinda cool.

6)
Anyone else catch this? From the previews it looked like Saw II without the traps and gore. Thought it was a decent episode, it got me hooked.
What else is there to the Saw movies? Does this show star a crazy clown doll riding a tricycle?

Have you ever watched the SAW movies?

As much as this reminds me of the Prisoner, it reminds me the most of SAW for the following reasons:

-SAW is always about teaching the protagonists a lesson, and as others have commented Persons Unknown seems to be headed in that direction.

-The victims in SAW always have a way out and the show has given us the impression that they could leave if they play the game right (as in the case of Janet with the 'kill Joe and you will be free' fortune.) Which leads me to the next point:

-Strangers are thrown into a situation where they are prisoners and have to find there way out by 1) interpreting riddles, 2) killing another 'contestant' 3) injuring themselves. We have seen all of that, and that is the meat and potatoes of SAW.

-Regarding the torture that is featured so prominently in SAW: Janet Cooper did make a reference to how they were being tortured and their captors must be 'getting off on it.' It can't be denied that they have all been tortured mentally/emotionally/physically though not so overtly as in SAW.

Anyway, I am in for all 13 episodes and look forward to being able to finally watch one on my 50" instead of on-line!

Last edited:
In honor of the last episode:

"The Way Out Is Through"
<object width="500" height="405"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/qP_RkAn2InM&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/qP_RkAn2InM&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="405"></embed></object>

^^^^^

The first thing I thought of when Joe said that.

Some of you are still watching this right?

Anyway, I called the Joe surprise! :hi5:

3) I don't think any of the 'prisoners' is a mole, but if they went that way it should be Joe Tucker. That would be the most shocking.

Still liking this show!

Some of you are still watching this right?

Anyway, I called the Joe surprise! :hi5:

Still liking this show!

Yeah i'm still watching and really liking the show! great call on Joe as well. I did know one of them would be in on it but didn't think it would be Joe. :D

They should seriously beat the crap out of that night manager again or even the restaurant guys ..they gave up on that method so quickly!

I didn't think it would be Joe, since that seemed a bit too obvious, but because of the way they've taken his relationship with Janet...I think that's her name...it has lots of potential.

The entire 'real world' thread seems pointless right now. Hopefully they'll reel it back in and start using it to some purpose.

It also no longer seems like they are teaching them anything - more of a behaviorial experiment than anything else.

I like that the show is starting to pull back a little further.

The people watching the people are being watched by... ???

Yea, I didn't think Mr Christian Bale lookalike Joe would be the mole but oh well. The blond chick was cute, too bad she is gone now.

Back