Peril Unlimited 12" Zombie review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got my bloody version to the UK on saturday. I really like it and the way he stands is great, dont know if it the legs or the jeans put they look really casual.
Is the head a possed ash from the evil dead 2?
Did you scuplt it yourself and where did you get the body from?

The sculpt is very similar to evil Ash from Evil Dead 2 even though the figures name is just a coincidence (I'm giving the zombies names in alphabetical order). The sculptor in China and I don't speak the same language so we tossed JPEGS back and forth and one of them was a picture from Evil Dead 2. I think the artist borrowed heavily from the image, especially for the high cheekbones. The sculpt came out great and I sure can't fault the source material.

The body belongs to the company I work with. I really like the clicky chest feature and clothes drape on him really well. I believe the hands are even Hot Toys compatible.

And here's some pics of some custom stuff and some dio stuff......
I've been refining (making better) how I do blood and gore paint apps so the pictures are a little out of date but my friends and I had so much fun taking the pics that it would be a shame for them to rot away on a microchip someplace.

dzom3.jpg

zzz3.jpg

xzzz8.jpg

zzz2.jpg

zzz.jpg

zzz5555.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks, the set that we used belongs to a guy named Fred (kllysheros). He used it for an Escape From New York Diorama. We planned to have fog and all kinds of stuff. Hopefully Fred and I can revisit the set sometime soon. Maybe with a second zombie??? CSM will definetly be back.

It's a great figure. You need to give it a name Mike, or how else are we going to identify them?

Last edited:
Howdy Creecher, I've been calling him Ash but I think the name is buried under Peril Unlimited and Zombie Army Builder and all that stuff. I'm hoping to work my way up the alphabet whilst naming zombies.

Thanks guys. I probably glossed over it and muddled it with the Sideshow Ash fig. Much obliged.

Please make your next one Barbara instead of Bub. We need females for the male zombies, all my SST ones and now Ash are so lonely.

Buttmunch said:
When this was posted the off topic section a few days ago, I glanced at it, thought it was slightly cool, but still an obvious custom (mostly due to poor picture quality). After your review I am very interested in one now. I'm just not sure how well they will intigrate with the dead. I know you got a pic with Subject 57, but could you perhaps shoot it with the other two dead figures (if you have them)? I love the body bag idea too! Very original.

The non-bloody one reminds me of a Zombie Jack Bauer because the outfit is very similar to what Jack wore at the begining of this season! :lol

I hope you bought one, you wouldn't be a true zombie fan if you passed. ;) It looks great with the Dead figures from SST.

I'm working on getting a female zombie up and running pretty quick. I've found a guy who has lots of 1/6th female bodies of great quality. He's in China right now so everything is up in the air but, much like a zombie... things are staggering every forward.

I was just hired by the local fire department so I quit my crummy warehouse job... and then the fire department pushed back my hire date nearly a month so I'm short on funds right now which is slowing the zombie making process but once I start getting paid again I really want to jump back in the zombie making saddle with a quickness.

Back