People born between 1975-1985

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
'78 here. and it was a fun read. As has been said everyone will likely claim to be from the best, as part of a bias. But its no denying a lot of kickass ____ was happing when I (and we) were kids :rock

Its funny seeing how strong the nostalgia for late seventies and early to mid-80's stuff is. Could be that so much was geared towards kids that as adults we want it/need it even more. Maybe the marketing wizzes were more forward thinking than we thought :lol

I remember up grading my VCR to a stereo HIFI one and having the
sound go through my stereo speakers, :yess: man that was great and my mates were so enviouse..haha.
I was born in 1979 (year of the Alien:D)

Born in 76.I'm probably in this hobby today because of the Nostalgia I have from those years.

'75 for me. I thought the comment about seeing very few fat kids was interesting. That was definitely the case at my school. It was unusual to see one and thinking back I can only remember two from the whole school that you'd consider overweight.

I had a colecovision we bought at a garage sale in the eighties. SpyHunter was my favorite game on it. Wierdest controllers ever on that thing. :lol

I was born in '88, but due to my dad and older cousins, I still experienced a lot of this. I remember when the internet was first available for mainstream use, and was just text, but I told my dad that I'd rather just read a book with pictures. Now look at it!

My siblings are much younger than I, and have no memory of what it was like without computers being everywhere. The computers at my elementary school were the ancient ones with the floppy disks that you had to flip over. Funny how all of that is so long gone and irrelevant. Technology really does change quickly. We have blu-rays now - what will we have in 10 years?

Recently when I went home to visit my family, I noticed that my mom was in the process of throwing away all of my old VHS tapes. I stopped her, but really there's not much of a reason to keep them, I suppose. They just hold some sentimental value to me, I guess.

I was born in 85 and the best part was being a child and teenager during the golden year of video games or what I consider the golden years compared to now. That being the NES/SNES, Sega/CD and going to the N64 and PSOne. Those games were just way more
fun then crap we have now. Not to say today's games aren't fun they just don't have that original good feel that games had in the early and mid 90s. Same with PC games. I remember when I played wolfenstien in 3d and the first doom.

I think if you ask anyone what was the best decade to be born, they're going to say the one they were born in (I was born way before 1975, btw). But I do feel that kids are desensitized at a younger age because they have a lot more information available to them than when I was a kid. I remember the only way to get any type of info on upcoming movies was through magazines. I couldn't wait to get the new issues of Starlog and Fangoria every month. And if you wanted to see a movie trailer, you had to actually go to the movies!

Hush old man! Your olden times talk has no place on the interwebz. :nono

Being born in '76 allowed me to experience this in all it's glory...

Totally_80s.jpg

...'Nuff Said. :cool:

Being born in '76 allowed me to experience this in all it's glory...

Totally_80s.jpg

...'Nuff Said. :cool:

That is one of the coolest drawings I think I've ever seen! Where did you find that...just about sums up everything. Campbell just draw that on a whim like his Princess pics I've seen lately?

The only thing it's really missing is Panthro! :lol

Personally I could do w/o the Care Bears or Strawberry Shortcake. Smurfs are pushing it, but I'll allow them as they're so damn weird :lol

'76!

Badass drawing above.

80s had the best video games, TV shows, movies, etc...hell, best everything IMO.

Back