PCS The Thing 1/6 figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, this stinks... I was really looking forward to a MacCready figure and this one looked to have real potential. As previously mentioned, a tweak here and there and it could have put them on the map in the twelve inch, I mean 1/6th scale market... :wink1:

Yeah, I was looking forward to this one. I've had a half-finished custom Mac I bashed together sitting in my detolf for several years that I never got around to getting painted. He's not the most accurate, but I guess he'll have to do.

Dang it. I really wanted that head-crab.

This is a bummer. Was getting this and London. I don't see their Sons figures on their site anymore. Did they get released?

Sideshow's site has them waitlisted with an expected ship date of March/April 2017.

They're actually on quite a few sites. Not waitlisted but pre-orders. I just wanted to see if their 300 exclusives had sold out. I don't see any sign of the product just that they have the license but no products associated with it.

Maybe it's time to ask Rainman to reconsider this project again

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

A few weeks ago I comisioned the repaint of my Sean Dabbs Macready headsculpt because no preorder was announced.

So custom /kitbashing and this sculpt will be the way to have him.....for now

The figure has not the new repainted head yet.

16665173_1248982495186061_4200533674353987356_o.jpg

MacReady_-_Profile.jpg

unnamed.jpg

The one by Sean is the best one I've seen around... I've currently got one I'd planned to use if the production head for the PCS didn't turn out. But I guess now it'll be the base for a custom job after all.

Yeah, I was looking forward to this one. I've had a half-finished custom Mac I bashed together sitting in my detolf for several years that I never got around to getting painted. He's not the most accurate, but I guess he'll have to do.

Dang it. I really wanted that head-crab.

Yeah that was one neat accessory. I always chuckle when the thing is scuttling away before being spotted by Palmer ' You got to be ****ing kidding '

Maybe we will get a thing statue instead... We can only hope.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I think they lost the license probably because they've taken so long, I know MONDO just got the license and are making a board game and their licensing partner is also making figures and props from The Thing.

I wouldn't be surprised if you see a Sideshow announce a MacReady figure at some point. They seem like the most likely company to pick up the license since they've done two other Kurt Russell figures from Escape from NY and Big Trouble in Little China. Now the quality of those figures, of course, is another matter. But if the license is available, I could see them going for it.

I hope somebody does one, this and Jack Burton were the only figures I've been interested in so far this year.

I wouldn't be surprised if you see a Sideshow announce a MacReady figure at some point. They seem like the most likely company to pick up the license since they've done two other Kurt Russell figures from Escape from NY and Big Trouble in Little China. Now the quality of those figures, of course, is another matter. But if the license is available, I could see them going for it.
I don't care who does it now I just want a Figure of MacReady from the press release that MONDO did they said they are making figures probably 6" though.

Back