PCS The Thing 1/6 figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sometimes different companies own the rights for the same scale. DIdnt that happen with Blitzway and Toysoldier in 1/6???

By the way, decided to continue imnproving my custom Macready. New facepaint and flame for his flamethrower.

IMG_20170224_183433.jpg

IMG_20170224_183354.jpg

IMG_20170228_010559.jpg

Wow I really like that fire affect. I always like looking at everyone's attempt at snow on their Mac customs.

Last edited:
Well I hope someone picks this up. I wouldn't mind SS since they've already got 2/3 of the Carpenter-Russell flicks covered.

Hope it's not Sideshow!
The 1/6 scale market has really opened up lately with more niche IPs getting figures, but I'm not sure another company besides Sideshow would pick up The Thing license. A one-off of MacReady under Sideshow's Cult Classics line seems the most plausible.

Sideshow appears to have improved since the release of Snake Plissken and if they can sustain Evil Dead II Ash-level quality, then it wouldn't be all bad.

Have you seen the "Ghost Rider" Sideshow have just announced?

The "artists proofs" in the release photos haven't exactly filled anyone with confidence . . . the "art direction" has resulted in something that (to be polite) does not impress - and goodness-only knows how much worse the production pieces will look.

Sideshow is generally hit or miss; their Nathan Drake figure is always in the back of my mind when I order one of their figures, so yeah, it's possible we'll get crap. Sadly, I usually end up buying despite that knowledge because it's possible we'll never see figures of these characters again.

Since nobody is willing to take the licence I think its custom figure time, yay
I'm looking for a Mcready head, I wonder if someone could nudge me in the right direction.

Since nobody is willing to take the licence I think its custom figure time, yay
I'm looking for a Mcready head, I wonder if someone could nudge me in the right direction.

Sean Dabbs is your man. He is around here and in facebook

kurt6.jpg

I was so disappointed when PCS pulled their Mac fig, I was so looking forward to getting the fig. The Thing is such an awesome movie. I wish Sideshow or someone would pick up the licence. I would of thought there was more interest in a MacReady fig then a Jack Burton fig.

After Waiting around for a company to take over this lisence and give us a 1/6 MacReady figure I got wise and realised it would probably never happen, so I bit the bullet and picked up one of those KO Jack Burton Headsculpts and did a little Carving, Resculpting and Painting of my own

Back