Statue PCS Rambo license

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, I had know idea it was a 2 -3 year wait, so all the in stock statues on PCS were up for preorder 2 years ago?

I was going to pay in full to get the 15% discount, but knowing that it's a 2 year wait am going to wait until it's released, I never waited 2 -3 years for any preorder.

I'm never paying in full upfront for a PO

I think the reason behind the proportions being off is because of the body size, not head size though. The body they sculpted looks too big for Stallone, especially going by the pics you posted. He had a much slimmer, ripped physique in Rambo 2. Look at the sheer size of the chest and shoulders compared to the real Stallone, it doesn't look quite right. The proportions look good here despite the said issues with the body.

View attachment 335440

View attachment 335441

My thoughts exactly, but I doubt that the muscularity through out the physique will be changed and reduced. We discussed this topic before on other statues and it all comes down to what the sculptor was looking to achieve with his vision and individual artistry, in this case I believe it's a mix between reality and a cartoonish looking Rambo, in the end nothing is going to be 100% screen accurate, I think this statue is great the way it is, it would be nice if they reduced the muscles, but if you look at previous PCS statues they all have a bigger than reality theme.

What is Darkness up to?

I think that is their longest one...that i know of.
Most items that have shipped recently are between 2 to 2.5 year from PO.
I think you're right about Darkness. His PO was August 2014, so by the time it's in hand with the current estimate being after summer, it will be over 3 years.

My thoughts exactly, but I doubt that the muscularity through out the physique will be changed and reduced. We discussed this topic before on other statues and it all comes down to what the sculptor was looking to achieve with his vision and individual artistry, in this case I believe it's a mix between reality and a cartoonish looking Rambo, in the end nothing is going to be 100% screen accurate, I think this statue is great the way it is, it would be nice if they reduced the muscles, but if you look at previous PCS statues they all have a bigger than reality theme.

I could be wrong, but I do believe pcs strives for their pieces to look as close to the source material as possible. But as you said, the body mass is definitely a bit exagerated, intentional or not. All in all this is going to be an awesome statue. I can't believe how long of a wait there's going to be for it though.

So I put this little comparison together to point out what I've been getting at. Granted, it's not exact science, one shot will not equal another, but I thin it illustrates my point enough.

Again, I have the head increased to 110% of the original size, and I think that's all that throws off the body looking right in proportion. Sure the arms may be a little beefier than they should be, but with the gap in size between head and body closed, it's almost dead on Sly and makes the piece look more like a realistic depiction of Rambo than a stylized depiction.

PCSRAMBO.jpg

Something about that just doesn't look right to me. It's like I see what you're going for with trying to match the picture, but something is clearly off. The altered head looks huge man.

Well, I think part of it, as much as the hair is better than the original sculpt, it could still be better overall. If the hair looked more like Rambo 2, I think it would less odd. Like I said though, when I look at it, I feel like the body and head are in different scales, not that the muscles are bigger than Stallone.

So I put this little comparison together to point out what I've been getting at. Granted, it's not exact science, one shot will not equal another, but I thin it illustrates my point enough.

Again, I have the head increased to 110% of the original size, and I think that's all that throws off the body looking right in proportion. Sure the arms may be a little beefier than they should be, but with the gap in size between head and body closed, it's almost dead on Sly and makes the piece look more like a realistic depiction of Rambo than a stylized depiction.

View attachment 335507

Agree 110% with your 110% sizing.
Looks basically perfect when you do that.
Any chance you want to post your work on Statueforum and bring to Jerry's attention politely?

Agree 110% with your 110% sizing.
Looks basically perfect when you do that.
Any chance you want to post your work on Statueforum and bring to Jerry's attention politely?

I don't have an account there, so I highly doubt he'd take much to input from a "newb", but if anyone here is a long standing member there and feel they could have some clout with him, you're welcome to post that image over there.

Well, I think part of it, as much as the hair is better than the original sculpt, it could still be better overall. If the hair looked more like Rambo 2, I think it would less odd. Like I said though, when I look at it, I feel like the body and head are in different scales, not that the muscles are bigger than Stallone.

Take a look at the size of Stallones chest and biceps in Rambo 2, they're not nearly as massive as this statue is making them out to be. Don't get me wrong, Stallone was a body building guru, but he was never known for how massive he was. He had the more shredded/ripped appearance In most of his films. The size of the head looks fine, increasing it just adds more issues if anything. In the altered photo, it looks like the statues arms are too short for his body.

The head size looks fine in these photos,

WonderCon-2017-Pop-Culture-Shock-045.jpg

WonderCon-2017-Pop-Culture-Shock-044.jpg

vg0t8y.jpg

Watch some of the videos I posted links to in this thread, it looks fine in those as well.

I don't have an account there, so I highly doubt he'd take much to input from a "newb", but if anyone here is a long standing member there and feel they could have some clout with him, you're welcome to post that image over there.

I think it has more to do with having correct input more than newb status.
My first post on Statue Forum was to bring up the incorrect camouflage pattern on the PCS Conan and after I made my case with photo reference Jerry changed it.
I was met with a bit of resistance from other members at first but I presented the facts in a respectful manner.

That said, changing paint is a lot easier than changing a sculpt.
For what its worth, Rambo's head looks correct to me as it is

Hmm well if I'm the only one that agrees with Maul then I guess I won't take the idea and pics to the other forum and Jerry's attention

I agree somewhat SAB.maybe the bulky body is making the head appear too small.sly was more ripped in this movie but the size of the very buff shoulders and body,do seem to make his head appear different scale.maybe this should have been called just Rambo:wink1:.

Take a look at the size of Stallones chest and biceps in Rambo 2, they're not nearly as massive as this statue is making them out to be.

When I look at the pic I posted of an actual image of Stallone at nearby the exact angle of the statue, the body looks just about spot on, if anything, the arms are a bit too thick.

I agree that the head proportions look better in con video and photos but images under those conditions are not always a good representation of such things. I trust what we see in professional, studio shots as a more faithful representation of the product.

I really feel they captured Stallone's face and body, but because one person did the body and the other the head, they don't combine for an overall faithful depiction.

When I look at the pic I posted of an actual image of Stallone at nearby the exact angle of the statue, the body looks just about spot on, if anything, the arms are a bit too thick.

I agree that the head proportions look better in con video and photos but images under those conditions are not always a good representation of such things. I trust what we see in professional, studio shots as a more faithful representation of the product.

I really feel they captured Stallone's face and body, but because one person did the body and the other the head, they don't combine for an overall faithful depiction.

The body looks pretty close to the picture you posted, but when you compare it to almost every other still from the film(including some of the pics you posted) it looks far too bulky. The statues body also looks completely symmetrical. Stallone had a lot of different oddly shaped protruding muscles. His right side of his chest definitely wasn't as perfectly rounded or dense as the statue looks due to his chest surgery.

Rambo-II-Inline_01.jpg

d89142c66ba0275fe4804afac9f7a0f4.jpg

I have the exact opposite opinion about professional photographs being a more "faithful representation" of the product. They want it to look it's absolute best when putting it up for PO. It's all about the sales, perfect lighting, fake cheesy computerized back drops, etc. To me a more faithful representation are the in-hand pictures and amateur videos from actual collectors that we see, that's more true of what to expect.

Last edited:
Well I agree that pro shots can use lighting and backdrops to create an image that putting an item on the shelf for display could never meet, I myself always aim to make pieces look their best, but when I say I trust the pro shots more, I mean that those images have proper subject to lenses distances and zoom settings, etc where there aren't distortions caused by the lens or angle, etc. I've seen plenty of con shots of pieces where things can look exaggerated or distorted, that's why when Toy fair or SDCC come around, I focus mainly on pages with images taken by folks who really understand photography as those shots offer the best "true" look.

Mauls side-by-side pics clearly show the body is a fair way off.
Way too thick and more muscular.
Stallone looked kind of like when in a mid action shot fully tensed but not in a standing resting pose.

Back