Statue PCS Rambo license

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dont think the issue is how dark he is, but rather the colour tone of his skin. In some of the facebook pics he looks very brown, which isn't right. In your pics the skin tone looks ok. I know how fussy you are though so I do trust your judgement. Maybe not all of them are this dark? Dunno. I'm waiting for more pics before I decide what to do with my order. Its a pretty expensive piece and I dont want to have to repaint it, so if the skin tone really is that bad then I won't be keeping mine.

Then don't get it. You don't know me and how fussy I am dawg. In person its a good piece yes the paint is not the best. I never said it was perfect. I only see great paint with custom pieces. Not to many mass produce pieces have great skin tone especially if rambo has different tones. I am not justifying anything either. I am happy with mine cuz I can customize it. I mean I gave you and everyone else tons of picks as well as others doing videos. Not sure what else you want to see. If your picky don't get it but I will say this nicely don't ever make assumptions about me. Yes, the statue has some issues, I don't know to many that don't these days. But Compared to anything ss puts out this thing kills it put it that way. I hate ss that makes me picky so be it. But please try not to be rude please, keep your opinion to yourself about me. Plus, I wasn't rude to you. If you don't trust me then don't bother replying back and keep it to yourself. I mean in the long run your going to make your own decision. I show pics to help pple its up to you and them to make that decision. Again, please don't make assumptions about me this isn't a site for assumptions towards others. Idk maybe I read to much in to what you said if so then I apologize but I hate when pple try to say anything about me, it is about the statue not us pple. Thanks, peace!

Nope just the water a little, I just think the boots need some dirty and so does the body and sweat. PPle say the skin is dark which I don't think that dark but a little. But I like this statue. THe arrow is long, but not that long when he pulls it back. The hair kind of bugs me but all in all what do you expect from a sculpted hair, the face is dead on of stallone!

Well its good to know you love yours.. Just looked at your pics and it looks much better then the other photos I have seen... Still think the details in the paint are lacking and makes it look kinda bland... But it could be the pics and not the paint itself. But if you love it that is all that matters

Then don't get it. You don't know me and how fussy I am dawg. In person its a good piece yes the paint is not the best. I never said it was perfect. I only see great paint with custom pieces. Not to many mass produce pieces have great skin tone especially if rambo has different tones. I am not justifying anything either. I am happy with mine cuz I can customize it. I mean I gave you and everyone else tons of picks as well as others doing videos. Not sure what else you want to see. If your picky don't get it but I will say this nicely don't ever make assumptions about me. Yes, the statue has some issues, I don't know to many that don't these days. But Compared to anything ss puts out this thing kills it put it that way. I hate ss that makes me picky so be it. But please try not to be rude please, keep your opinion to yourself about me. Plus, I wasn't rude to you. If you don't trust me then don't bother replying back and keep it to yourself. I mean in the long run your going to make your own decision. I show pics to help pple its up to you and them to make that decision. Again, please don't make assumptions about me this isn't a site for assumptions towards others. Idk maybe I read to much in to what you said if so then I apologize but I hate when pple try to say anything about me, it is about the statue not us pple. Thanks, peace!

I think you did read too much into your post... He was saying that he trust your opinion because you tend to be fussy (I have no idea if you are :lol )

Sounds like he would love to keep his order but has no desire to repaint it... A piece this expensive should not require a repaint. Especially when so much skin is showing. I am guessing that would be Expensive.

Congrats again on getting something you are happy with.

Well its good to know you love yours.. Just looked at your pics and it looks much better then the other photos I have seen... Still think the details in the paint are lacking and makes it look kinda bland... But it could be the pics and not the paint itself. But if you love it that is all that matters.

I think you did read too much into your post... He was saying that he trust your opinion because you tend to be fussy (I have no idea if you are :lol )

Sounds like he would love to keep his order but has no desire to repaint it... A piece this expensive should not require a repaint. Especially when so much skin is showing. I am guessing that would be Expensive.

Congrats again on getting something you are happy with.

I get it man, but I am not justifying the problems because yes their are many. I get that. But we all have opinions, so be be called fussy and these assumptions over me. Nothing to do with the statue. I also thought he said he doesn't trust my judgments. That has nothing to do with the statue. Anyways, I just hate it when pple do this we all have opinions I don't bash pple for theirs. No he said he didn't trust my judgement didn't he? Unless I did read it wrong. Then again I have to apologize which I did. Anyways, I said everything you did about the problems. I agreed with every one you did. But it is fixable not something that can not be fixed. But I agree these things should have been fixed the arrow long the skin tone water the boots. Most can be painted and I can paint but those that can not well I am sorry I totally get it and I never justified it like I said. I like it because we don't get good head sculpts. It could have been a lot better I will say that. But it is what it is. Everything should be about the statue not assumptions I just hate reading things off topic. Buy it don't buy it is what it is. Later man! Anyways, peace jaws.

I think this might be the strangest post I’ve ever seen on here.

Problem with it is that the statue looks different on every picture:

Would be really good to know how the actual skin tone looks in person.

13dfa3414f662adbc089e1ceeaba90a9.jpg

121631704f248cece8b07a57680eadc7.jpg

af1bc6f5b49372fd59654d966e499c0d.jpg

4b0b697627a466675684d46bb1dbedb5.jpg

eceb8c5929021aec862555d51e566545.jpg

Wow dude, no offence but there was a serious lack of communication here, or you misread my post entirely. My post was a compliment to you. I said I DO trust your judgement, because you are fussy (it's a good thing, it means you have high standards). In other words, I value your opinion. I say this because I know who you are...we've spoken on Facebook before in statue groups. There was literally nothing rude or offensive in my post man. I was actually quite friendly. I suggest you go back and re-read it, then read your reply to me lol.

Wow dude, no offence but there was a serious lack of communication here, or you misread my post entirely. My post was a compliment to you. I said I DO trust your judgement, because you are fussy (it's a good thing, it means you have high standards). In other words, I value your opinion. I say this because I know who you are...we've spoken on Facebook before in statue groups. There was literally nothing rude or offensive in my post man. I was actually quite friendly. I suggest you go back and re-read it, then read your reply to me lol.

First, I just read what you said, damn don't I look like a fool. Sorry man I had a hard weekend with a tragedy happening my mind wasn't in the right place I do very apologize I was so out of it and not in a good place. That is why I apologized but again my bad I am sorry!

That was the thing was that we talked, I thought I knew you we talked a lot. This weekend was a hard time for me with some bad news and I made a mistake sorry again. I feel so bad. Just had something really sad happen so I won't say what but damn now I look back at my post I totally misread your post I just haven't had the time to go back and say sorry to you bud!

To all those wondering wtf is this guy tripping on, I apologize I misread something and I own up to it. So to all who read. I am sorry, I honestly didn't mean too.

First, I just read what you said, damn don't I look like a fool. Sorry man I had a hard weekend with a tragedy happening my mind wasn't in the right place I do very apologize I was so out of it and not in a good place. That is why I apologized but again my bad I am sorry!

That was the thing was that we talked, I thought I knew you we talked a lot. This weekend was a hard time for me with some bad news and I made a mistake sorry again. I feel so bad. Just had something really sad happen so I won't say what but damn now I look back at my post I totally misread your post I just haven't had the time to go back and say sorry to you bud!

To all those wondering wtf is this guy tripping on, I apologize I misread something and I own up to it. So to all who read. I am sorry, I honestly didn't mean too.

All good brother, just wanted to clear up the confusion. No offence taken at all. Figured you just misread my post. I'm sorry to hear about the bad news bud, hope everything is ok.

Thanks for sharing the pics and your thoughts, appreciate it :)

Just got this today. 290/400.

Yeah im pretty disappointed at this item for the price i paid for it.

It had potential but the paint job is way off. The water looks really bad . You would get better looking water from a $20 ornament from the $2 shop.

Just got this today. 290/400.

Yeah im pretty disappointed at this item for the price i paid for it.

It had potential but the paint job is way off. The water looks really bad . You would get better looking water from a $20 ornament from the $2 shop.

Could you please post some pics when you have a moment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm hearing such mixed reviews. Some people are really happy, others are disappointed. Really don't know what to do with my order :/

I see that Popcultcha got their stock in on Monday and if you’ve got your order with them and you’re the least bit un/sure that you don’t want it, I’ll cancel it before it gets shipped out to you, as I’m not sure how they handle change of mind returns, if at all.

After reading the last two weeks of comments I have to agree that it has a lot of flaws, but it does have some positives, the head sculpt is right along side in quality to the Blitzway Rocky II as best Stallone likeness to date, I think it's spot on. The only complaints I have is the shoulders and arms are why to large, and of course the skin tone is to dark. One other misfire is the water, collector shouldn't have to customize the blue in it, for $1,000+ it should be perfect out of the box. That being said this was produced by PCS which makes cartoon proportioned statues, so this is their interpretation of the Rambo character, which is what should have been expected by collectors.

In the end its a very nice statue, B grade from me, head sculpt A++++, nothing is ever going to be 100% accurate, was it worth a two year wait? I think so, but a lot of collectors here are not happy, which is not surprising, expectations were high.

To each his own to those who paid in full and waited two years, but the final version of this statue is why you should never pay in full, just wait to see how collectibles comes out by watching other collectors reviews before purchasing, saves you from a lot of trouble and disappointment imo.

PCS needs something to go right so they can start righting the ship

PCS Rambo has flaws, but all collectibles aren't perfect, even with the flaws I give their over all effort a B+, this is a mass produced collectible made in China, you should expect it not to be perfect, it's the high expectations of some very picky collectors that would make some believe this statue was a complete fail, it's not, it's very good.

I think the main issue collectors are having is with the price point, they expected perfection for $1,000+.

That's just it, these flaws in a $400-$500 PF would be acceptable to most, but where this is $1000 before shipping and costing near double that for some after shipping, taxes, etc., there is definitely a felt need for these things to be absent.

That said, of the noted flaws, the only thing that couldn't be predicted from the prototype was the skin tone, the odd proportions and the arrow length and hand position have been there all along. Some may have rested hope on talked up change, but in the end, you're pretty much getting what you preordered.

I dont see anything wrong with the skin tone for me. He was tanned in the movie, you add some lighting & he looks amazing. Im very happy with my Rambo piece. For movie statues the most important is the head sculpt and you see Stallone.

20190225_172334[1] (2).jpg

Here he is next Conan for size/skin comparison.
52770527_10205458187490260_3618880001262223360_n.jpg

The other main issue is the physique is why to large, not even close to Stallone, this Rambo makes Stallone look bigger than Arnold.

What's funny is, if you cover up the head, the body proportions are good and it looks like Stallone, but the head is so undersized compared to it that it makes it look like Sly's head on Arnold's body.

Back