Statue PCS Rambo license

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What's funny is, if you cover up the head, the body proportions are good and it looks like Stallone, but the head is so undersized compared to it that it makes it look like Sly's head on Arnold's body.

MaulFan I think the opposite on the head and body proportions. I know you love Rambo, so I have to ask, even with the flaws would you consider getting this statue? If it was $600 I jump on it, but not a chance at $1,000+. I miss the good old days of 10 years ago when a 1/6 statue was $150 and 1/4 was $275 lol. I pretty much done with the hobby, I use to sell off old figures and statues to finance better new collectibles, but with the resale value on ebay so low am getting out before it gets worse.

I dont see anything wrong with the skin tone for me. He was tanned in the movie, you add some lighting & he looks amazing. Im very happy with my Rambo piece. For movie statues the most important is the head sculpt and you see Stallone.

View attachment 445998

Here he is next Conan for size/skin comparison.
View attachment 445997

Agreed, it has a little darkness to it but mine seemed right on and this is now wait listed

The other main issue is the physique is why to large, not even close to Stallone, this Rambo makes Stallone look bigger than Arnold.

It looks exactly like the prototype as far as body wise so we knew that. But saying his head is smaller than his body, I am not sure what you see it isn't I think he is a little big but not arnold wise. The sculpt looks exactly like the prototype that I know. Paint ya needs work, but anyways pple are going to like what they like! I am happy with it. Even with the flaws.

MaulFan I think the opposite on the head and body proportions. I know you love Rambo, so I have to ask, even with the flaws would you consider getting this statue? If it was $600 I jump on it, but not a chance at $1,000+. I miss the good old days of 10 years ago when a 1/6 statue was $150 and 1/4 was $275 lol. I pretty much done with the hobby, I use to sell off old figures and statues to finance better new collectibles, but with the resale value on ebay so low am getting out before it gets worse.

For $200-$300, maybe, but it’s too flawed for big money. Now, I happily own the Sideshow PF, and the HCG Rambo 4, and both are highly stylized and I accept that they’re not for everyone, but, because they are stylized, I judge them as such and for what they are I think they’re good.

This piece seemed to strive for a realistic approach, and in that, failed so much that it’s overall an eye sore to me and not worth a lot of money. There are some shining areas like the face, but not enough to make a $500+ price tag sit well. I have 3 1/4 scale Rambos that cost me as much as this alone would.

For $200-$300, maybe, but it’s too flawed for big money. Now, I happily own the Sideshow PF, and the HCG Rambo 4, and both are highly stylized and I accept that they’re not for everyone, but, because they are stylized, I judge them as such and for what they are I think they’re good.

This piece seemed to strive for a realistic approach, and in that, failed so much that it’s overall an eye sore to me and not worth a lot of money. There are some shining areas like the face, but not enough to make a $500+ price tag sit well. I have 3 1/4 scale Rambos that cost me as much as this alone would.

Well, in person this looks amazing, so Idk what pple are truly upset about. I agree with the imperfections but no statue is dead on. Ever statue has it's flaws. Anyways, in person it looks great so it is what it is I mean it is wait listed and I see this hard to find. Because it can be fixed, but I understand not wanting to do the work. But I fixed the water that was easy and I will add dirt and sweat and a few other things. That will make this amazing. I mean if the head sculpt is on everything else can fixed. If you don't have this in person it is way to hard to judge. But in person it more than exceeds with what it is good at and the face. The body paint is the only issue but mine is light he looks light. I been painting a while so I enjoy making things better. But those that don't then it is what it is. Peace man!

The other main issue is the physique is way to large, not even close to Stallone, this Rambo makes Stallone look bigger than Arnold.

Yeah. Its both too thick and too muscular.
The face sculpt is too stylised as well IMO. Jerry was far to used to doing Street Fighter and other video games where everyone is cartoon like. (The Arnie Conan doesn't have that but they had a pre-existing sculpt that he worked off)

End of the day though, most of these statues are high up on book shelves or across the room in cabinets, and most issues are only really visible when you're taking close up high res photos. It'll still be an imposing piece in any room.

Sideshows PF most definitely strived for realism when it was first made. It may appear "stylized" but that wasn't their intentions lol.

I'm not sure if PCS ever claimed to strive for realism with this particular piece. Regardless, this statue is definitely a mixed bag. Some aspects are very realistic and others seem to be exaggerated and have a cartoon/comic quality to them. The sculpt is awesome, the highlight of the entire piece for me. I love the base, although the water should be way more blue as others have pointed out. I wish the arrow was shorter as it looks completely ridiculous as is. The body proportions look a little exaggerated too, Stallone was a lot more lean and cut looking in part 2, where as this statue he looks very bulky. Overall it seems like an awesome piece, but not $1000 awesome. If it was half that I'd consider it, but as of right now I'd be upset with what has been shown.

I'm wondering if there is variation in the paint jobs. Some people are extremely disappointed with it, while others seem to really like it. Have read some peoole saying the paintjob is flat and one toned, whereas others saying there is a lot lf shading etc...

I have to say that side show rambo is laughable at how bad that is, The hcg as well. The statue is a mixed bad the face is amazing and for me if that is on I can fix things. But I understand not all want to or can. But dude the two rambo statues you brought up were pretty bad. I agree with the price point is is high. But it is the best rambo to date as far as likeness. To upgrade the paint and all would make this a bad ass piece. I do agree with he should have been more ripped and not so bulky but it isn't that noticeable. Well, Idk what to tell pple anymore. Because some may get a good piece some may not. Good luck all at the decision made.

Someone on FB put LEDs in their base. The water looks really cool illuminated but it also makes it look like he's on Pandora. :lol

Someone on FB put LEDs in their base. The water looks really cool illuminated but it also makes it look like he's on Pandora. :lol

Lmao good one. I saw those pics as well...didn't even think of Avatar lol. Its a cool effect, but a bit pointless for this statue. I like the little touches he did on the boots and base.

Anyway, I'm taking a gamble on this and if its crap I'll send it back.

IMG_0953[1].jpg

Upgrading Rambo and will do the water to make it look more like water.

Skin tone on yours looks great man. Did you add a sweat effect to it?

I did brotha! I will add transparency next to the water . See it is easy fixes but I understand pple not wanting to fix anything as it should have been this way, but mass produced stuff never gets those great touches. I been watching the movie he needs to be a little more dirty Ill add but just little things can be done and it can look great, well to me. But thanks my friend for the kind words. Hope all is well!

wow is that difficult to do? I was thinking of adding some touches like mud on the boots and the sweat application looks really nice on yours. Wife says not too touch it as she thinks its already great and ill mess it up.

wow is that difficult to do? I was thinking of adding some touches like mud on the boots and the sweat application looks really nice on yours. Wife says not too touch it as she thinks its already great and ill mess it up.

Well, sometimes the wife knows best lol!

Thanks guys I usually don't post my work, cuz some get mean with criticism . So thanks for the positive feedback

F people’s criticism. You took the piece from being “so so with potential” to a piece that I for one would now consider buying.

To quote Colonel Trautman:

“The Statute was always there, I just chipped away the rough edges”

Please post more pics when you have a chance if you don’t mind.

To me the thing that matters the most, is that the piece honors the film that Sly was a collaborator on. I realize that he did not direct Rambo II, but Sly is one of the few truly talented writer / directors remaining in Hollywood these days, and he’s deserves to be honored properly for his work. And you have done just that with your work on the statue. Again, great work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did brotha! I will add transparency next to the water . See it is easy fixes but I understand pple not wanting to fix anything as it should have been this way, but mass produced stuff never gets those great touches. I been watching the movie he needs to be a little more dirty Ill add but just little things can be done and it can look great, well to me. But thanks my friend for the kind words. Hope all is well!

Looks great man. Adds a touch of realism. I'd be satisfied if mine just has skin tone as good as yours to be honest lol. Here's hoping.

Back