Statue PCS Rambo license

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The arrow is too long

The Lile knife sheath is wrong

His left hand is hold the bow string the wrong way

The site on the bow is wrong

At least in that one review, the paint job is not good.

It would be worth possibly buying and fixing those things, however, the left hand holding the bow string in the wrong position kills it for me.

Why don’t people just pause the Blue-ray and make from an actual still from the film??? Like this:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You’ll probably know that most if not all movie related pieces are rarely ever made exactly in the the same pose etc as stock footage from the film. More often than not these pieces have been designed by the artist from the ground up, only using the original material as reference as it becomes the artists unique interpretation of a scene or movie etc.

Now there are a few maquettes and the like which are completely based on film production produced physical pieces or even their own key art pieces made during early production, but rarely are these based on a film still.

While I’m not sure they should copy everything exactly as it appears in a still frame, I do agree that they should at least get the technical references/measurements correct.

All I’m saying is at that price you shouldn’t have to customize it. I don’t think that’s fair to anyone who pay that kind of money for it. Of course there is some good artistry contained within it, the head sculpt is very good, and the Lile knife itself appears to be 100% accurate

All I’m saying is at that price you shouldn’t have to customize it. I don’t think that’s fair to anyone who pay that kind of money for it. Of course there is some good artistry contained within it, the head sculpt is very good, and the Lile knife itself appears to be 100% accurate

I hear ya but I like to touch things up to my liking, as long as the sculpt is dead on I am good. Others can be fixed and mine is almost already to my liking. It really is a great statue when it is done right. very bad ass, but to each their own!

Saw some more pics on Facebook.... Ouch... Get out while you still can.

Very minimal things to not like, I mean if the sculpt sucked and the overall statue was bad I get it but the water isn't good I touched up looks great. Ya the bow it opposite but damn that is nip picking. The face is dead on the paint on rambo is to dark but can be fixed again, to those who can paint. Anyways, other than that the boots need weathering and rambo himself needs to be a but dirty but I don't see any other issues other than the arrow being a bit large. But damn, the sculpt is dead on. That is the main thing for me. Idk see what is so awful about this. Unless others are getting something totally different than what I got.

Very minimal things to not like, I mean if the sculpt sucked and the overall statue was bad I get it but the water isn't good I touched up looks great. Ya the bow it opposite but damn that is nip picking. The face is dead on the paint on rambo is to dark but can be fixed again, to those who can paint. Anyways, other than that the boots need weathering and rambo himself needs to be a but dirty but I don't see any other issues other than the arrow being a bit large. But damn, the sculpt is dead on. That is the main thing for me. Idk see what is so awful about this. Unless others are getting something totally different than what I got.
Hey matturibe1, would be great to see some pictures of yours.

If anyone else has the piece in-hand already it would be great to see some more pictures.
(I have time till 27th to keep or cancel my pre-order)

If you like it then that's all that matters. I wouldn't necessarily say people are nit picking, more so pointing out flaws that were supposed to be fixed and/or were better on the prototype. PCS stating that they would fix some of the issues and then not following through only makes it worse. I've been a fan of the head sculpt day one, no denying it looks great. However, the issues this piece does have are not acceptable for a $1000 collectible.

Hey matturibe1, would be great to see some pictures of yours.

If anyone else has the piece in-hand already it would be great to see some more pictures.
(I have time till 27th to keep or cancel my pre-order)

Here are some, the statue is great with minor imperfections, I fixed the water and will be working on some other tweaks but all that matters is the sculpt and they nailed it. I am having some issues uploading I will try again tomorrow but I wonder why it isn't uploading I never had this issue.

IMG_0904[1].jpg
IMG_0905[1].jpg
IMG_0906[1].jpg
IMG_0903[1].jpg

Here are some, the statue is great with minor imperfections, I fixed the water and will be working on some other tweaks but all that matters is the sculpt and they nailed it. I am having some issues uploading I will try again tomorrow but I wonder why it isn't uploading I never had this issue.
Thanks. Did you already fixed/repainted the body/head (skin) in that picture?

Thanks. Did you already fixed/repainted the body/head (skin) in that picture?

Nope just the water a little, I just think the boots need some dirty and so does the body and sweat. PPle say the skin is dark which I don't think that dark but a little. But I like this statue. THe arrow is long, but not that long when he pulls it back. The hair kind of bugs me but all in all what do you expect from a sculpted hair, the face is dead on of stallone!

The skin tone on yours looks ok in those pics. He looked horrible in some of the Facebook pics I saw. Looked like an Indian Rambo (don't mean that in a racist way, he just looked very brown).

I'm still 50/50 on keeping my pre-order. Waiting for more pics and reviews. So far, nowhere near as good as the prototype unfortunately. They nailed the sculpt though, minus the hair which looks to have changed for some reason.

The skin tone on yours looks ok in those pics. He looked horrible in some of the Facebook pics I saw. Looked like an Indian Rambo (don't mean that in a racist way, he just looked very brown).

I'm still 50/50 on keeping my pre-order. Waiting for more pics and reviews. So far, nowhere near as good as the prototype unfortunately. They nailed the sculpt though, minus the hair which looks to have changed for some reason.
I'm also not sure if I keep the order...

@Matturibe1
Does it really look like this in-hand?

You mean pics like this:
e9b9a29621b2bf2593c82aad5107d572.jpg

@Matturibe1

You mean pics like this:

He is dark but if you look in the movie he is tan. Maybe not this tan. These things can be fixed but I am not going to sit here and justify this they should have fixed this. But I like it. In the dark he looks really dark but in the light he does look just tan to me. But again to each their own buddy. I wish you guys the best. I would give it 7-8 out of ten. Fixing it by painting it 8. The arrow is long but just maybe a few centimeters if you really think about it. I still think it is a good statue, great well it can be. I mean I have had some bad pieces and those went back, this won't be going back. Oh and I don't display that turn table thing it is just to big.

PYCQ9573[1].jpg

So you see in the movie he is very tan, mine even looks a bit lighter, maybe others got their darker Idk however, I will do some touch ups on him. But hope that helps some made some decisions

@Matturibe1

You mean pics like this:

Glad I cancelled, hate it when the skin is too dark. Reminds me of the Indiana Jones PF issue.
Sculpt is good, just hate the dark skin. My PCS Robocop had this issue too, looked like a black Robocop.

View attachment 445692

So you see in the movie he is very tan, mine even looks a bit lighter, maybe others got their darker Idk however, I will do some touch ups on him. But hope that helps some made some decisions

I dont think the issue is how dark he is, but rather the colour tone of his skin. In some of the facebook pics he looks very brown, which isn't right. In your pics the skin tone looks ok. I know how fussy you are though so I do trust your judgement. Maybe not all of them are this dark? Dunno. I'm waiting for more pics before I decide what to do with my order. Its a pretty expensive piece and I dont want to have to repaint it, so if the skin tone really is that bad then I won't be keeping mine.

Back