Statue PCS Rambo license

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah It does look off. The hair is really killing the likeness though, it looks like a damn helmet. :lol

Its a weird combo.
I don't mind the hair so much but the face looks short and wide while the body looks too thick.

Yeah It does look off. The hair is really killing the likeness though, it looks like a damn helmet. :lol

774a22bf42b5066238a12c53fed80598.image.364x500.jpg

Its a weird combo.
I don't mind the hair so much but the face looks short and wide while the body looks too thick.

My thoughts exactly, doesn't even look like Stallone, It looks like a video game cartoon Rambo, that's to bad I really wanted a high end grail Rambo statue for my collection, for what ever reason Stallone is a hard likeness to get right, it can be done because the Blitzway Rocky II statue has a spot on perfect Stallone head sculpt.

Maybe PCS Rambo was intended to be a caricature of Rambo and not a screen accurate representation of Rambo in Rambo II?

No, these are definitely meant to be as faithful to the movie characters they represent as possible. I'm hoping this is way better than that pic is making it out to be, because the proportions definitely look very off.

No, these are definitely meant to be as faithful to the movie characters they represent as possible. I'm hoping this is way better than that pic is making it out to be, because the proportions definitely look very off.

I remember having the same talk with you on the Maga Rocky III, same issues with proportions and head sculpt, I can't see the pics shown not showing exactly whats going to be released, in hand always looks better, but how much better will this get in hand? It just doesn't look like Stallone or the Rambo character.

I just read on another forum that PCS can sculpt the hair better, but the factory can't replicate it.

Yeah you're right we did. This seems to be the same situation. I can definitely see the likeness, but the head looks too small compared to the body, and the giant helmet hair isn't helping either. The factory not being able to replicate the hair sounds like a load of BS. I haven't given up on this yet, I still want to see better pictures. So far things aren't looking promising.

PCS claim that this statue has the best Stallone likeness to date. I wouldn't worry about it.

Personally I think it looks fantastic and I can't wait to see better pics/videos.

the hair lines are too thick and it covered too much of the face,
and the paint job on the eyes are way off!

I think the body is too bulky for Rambo 2.that could be why the head/face looks too small.agree with the terrible hair though.

PCS claim that this statue has the best Stallone likeness to date. I wouldn't worry about it.

Personally I think it looks fantastic and I can't wait to see better pics/videos.

Them saying that doesn't mean ****, it's not like they're going to come out and be like, "we gave it our best, someone else can do better though." They're proud of their work, which is fine, it's up to us as consumers to decide if it's good enough to spend our hard earned money on or not. As of right now, this looks good for a $200-$300 statue, but we know it'll cost way more.

Them saying that doesn't mean ****, it's not like they're going to come out and be like, "we gave it our best, someone else can do better though." They're proud of their work, which is fine, it's up to us as consumers to decide if it's good enough to spend our hard earned money on or not. As of right now, this looks good for a $200-$300 statue, but we know it'll cost way more.

They generally stand by their work, especially anything Jerry sculpts, he usually puts 100% effort into it. He's very passionate about his own work and if something is not good, he will take fan criticism on board, so yeah, them saying that means something to me, as I know if it's not up to scratch they will tweak it.

In saying that, I honestly can't tell if you're trolling or not. It looks good for a 200-300 dollar statue? Really? The sideshow one cost more than that and it looks like complete garbage compared to this.

I really can't believe people think the Neca toy looks better either.

It's common on this forum for people to lose their minds and criticise a piece like no tomorrow based off one photo (which isn't a very good one). Personally I will wait until the full reveal at Wondercon before full judgement, but so far, I like what I see. It's not perfect, but it's certainly the best representation of Rambo we've seen in statue form IMO.

We are all entitled to our own opinions and that's fine, but I do notice that people on here seem to be extremely critical, more so than any other forum or Facebook group. Just relax and wait for the rest of the photos guys.

They generally stand by their work, especially anything Jerry sculpts, he usually puts 100% effort into it. He's very passionate about his own work and if something is not good, he will take fan criticism on board, so yeah, them saying that means something to me, as I know if it's not up to scratch they will tweak it.

In saying that, I honestly can't tell if you're trolling or not. It looks good for a 200-300 dollar statue? Really? The sideshow one cost more than that and it looks like complete garbage compared to this.

It's common on this forum for people to lose their minds and criticise a piece like no tomorrow based off one photo (which isn't a very good one). Personally I will wait until the full reveal at Wondercon before full judgement, but so far, I like what I see. It's not perfect, but it's certainly the best representation of Rambo we've seen in statue form IMO.

We are all entitled to our own opinions and that's fine, but I do notice that people on here seem to be extremely critical, more so than any other forum or Facebook group. Just relax and wait for the rest of the photos guys.

Having the sculptor stand by his work and being "passionate" about it does little to change the fact that what has been shown so far, does not look very good. We as consumers have the right to judge products that we may or may not potentially spend our hard earned money on. Calling someone a troll because they think this statue doesn't meet their standards is beyond retarded. Who cares if this is the "best representation" of Rambo In statue form. That's not saying much considering how awful SIdeshows version is and most of HCG's sub par efforts. As of right now, this looks like a $300 piece. Could that change when we see more pictures? Possibly. But right now all we can do is go by what has been shown, which the reality is, doesn't look very good.

Having the sculptor stand by his work and being "passionate" about it does little to change the fact that what has been shown so far, does not look very good. We as consumers have the right to judge products that we may or may not potentially spend our hard earned money on. Calling someone a troll because they think this statue doesn't meet their standards is beyond retarded. Who cares if this is the "best representation" of Rambo In statue form. That's not saying much considering how awful SIdeshows version is and most of HCG's sub par efforts. As of right now, this looks like a $300 piece. Could that change when we see more pictures? Possibly. But right now all we can do is go by what has been shown, which the reality is, doesn't look very good.

Cool story bro. That is of course, in your opinion. Where did I say you don't have a right to judge? lol. I did say we are entitled to our opinions, and I gave mine. If you genuinely think it looks like a $200-300 piece then your standards are probably too high IMO, considering 1/6 action figures sell for higher than that really. That statement came across as a troll post to me, so I genuinely wasn't sure if he was serious or not. There's no need to be rude and call me names, so settle.

You obviously didn't read my post properly either, as you pretty much proved my point. You're judging off a teaser photo, which is the point I was trying to make. Wait until the product reveal, don't jump the gun. Everyone always does that. I simply said wait for more pics before people start saying it looks crap. If you still don't think it looks good after the full reveal, then fair enough. Voice your concerns and they may listen to the criticism and fix it.

Having the sculptor stand by their work gives me faith that they will correct the product if it's not up to standard, as they have done with pieces in the past that have received criticism, which is the point I was trying to make with that statement. It has nothing to do with the teaser photo.

Not trolling at all, I'm a very passionate Rambo fan and prior to Rambo 4 coming out, Rambo 2 was my favorite of the films. I've watched the movies dozens of times, I have hundreds if not thousands of photos from these films save on my computer or in books, done drawings of Rambo, he's my most favorite character in all of film.

There are features that distinguish Stallone in Rambo 2 from the other Rambo films and for all the good work that's been done on this statue, particularly the hair, falls short of capturing that.

I'm not saying what's there isn't a quality piece, it's definitely a nice statue, but for what I hear the likely asking price will be, it's not up to what I think collector's should expect when spending that much.

Sideshow's piece is flawed when it comes to being a lifelike representation of Stallone/Rambo for sure, I enjoy it because of the pose and accessories along with overall capturing the look from Rambo 2, the hair captures the unique qualities, the body shape actually is quite specific to Rambo 2, it has redeeming qualities, just as this PCS piece does, and I wouldn't argue if someone said the Sideshow piece should have cost less than it did.

It's not often I feel a collectible, particularly the expensive ones, justify what you pay for them. That said, for me, the Enterbay Rambo was worth every penny he cost, I absolutely love that piece and for what PCS should cost, I would expect the portrait to blow Enterbay away, especially when theirs is 1/3 scale and Enterbay was 1/4.

As for comparing to cheaper products like NECA, it wasn't a comparison to say NECA looks more like Stallone/Rambo, I was specifically referring to the shape and features to the hair.

I also don't understand the argument of a factory not being able to reproduce hair of a certain sculpt, the Sideshow PF and Legendary Scale bust both captured the Rambo 2 hair style well and were mass produced statues, so either that comment is a load of bull, or they need a better factory.

Not trolling at all, I'm a very passionate Rambo fan and prior to Rambo 4 coming out, Rambo 2 was my favorite of the films. I've watched the movies dozens of times, I have hundreds if not thousands of photos from these films save on my computer or in books, done drawings of Rambo, he's my most favorite character in all of film.

There are features that distinguish Stallone in Rambo 2 from the other Rambo films and for all the good work that's been done on this statue, particularly the hair, falls short of capturing that.

I'm not saying what's there isn't a quality piece, it's definitely a nice statue, but for what I hear the likely asking price will be, it's not up to what I think collector's should expect when spending that much.

Sideshow's piece is flawed when it comes to being a lifelike representation of Stallone/Rambo for sure, I enjoy it because of the pose and accessories along with overall capturing the look from Rambo 2, the hair captures the unique qualities, the body shape actually is quite specific to Rambo 2, it has redeeming qualities, just as this PCS piece does, and I wouldn't argue if someone said the Sideshow piece should have cost less than it did.

It's not often I feel a collectible, particularly the expensive ones, justify what you pay for them. That said, for me, the Enterbay Rambo was worth every penny he cost, I absolutely love that piece and for what PCS should cost, I would expect the portrait to blow Enterbay away, especially when theirs is 1/3 scale and Enterbay was 1/4.

As for comparing to cheaper products like NECA, it wasn't a comparison to say NECA looks more like Stallone/Rambo, I was specifically referring to the shape and features to the hair.

I also don't understand the argument of a factory not being able to reproduce hair of a certain sculpt, the Sideshow PF and Legendary Scale bust both captured the Rambo 2 hair style well and were mass produced statues, so either that comment is a load of bull, or they need a better factory.

Excellent post man. I didn't mean any disrespect by the way, I genuinely wasn't sure if you were trolling or not with that comment, as I felt it was harsh.

Thanks for your insight. Sounds like you're just very passionate about the Rambo character and want the perfect representation of Rambo. That's fair enough dude, nothing wrong with that. You're right, there are features that distinguish Stallone in Rambo 2 from the other films. The piece certainly isn't perfect in terms of capturing the likeness or details of Stallone, at least based off what has been shown so far, but I do think it looks like a high quality piece and I do think they got close, but hopefully better pics will give us a better idea of what it really looks like. I'm generally less fussy than a lot of people on here I think, so I think it still looks great and probably won't notice the inaccuracies as much as someone like yourself would.

I'm personally not a fan of the Sideshow piece as I feel that it looks nothing like Stallone and the paintjob is subpar. That is of course my opinion, but yeah, Sideshow has definitely improved in the quality of their paintjobs since then.

I personally don't think any collectable is worth the money most companies charge for them really. They are all very expensive, but if I love the character and like the piece enough, I will still buy it as there aren't other options If I want a high end collectable of a character I like.

Enterbay figures have amazing portraits and that Rambo 3 figure is no exception, I still own one of their 1/4 scale figures, but I never liked their bodies. It's part of the reason why I've switched to statues really.

Thanks for clarifying about the NECA figure, sorry I misunderstood. I get what you mean now.

I don't get the argument about the hair either and I personally have never seen that discussed. Was that here or Statue Forum? I really would have loved to have seen this with real hair, which I feel would've given it that unique puffy look it has in the movie, rather than the 'helmet look' that sculpted puffy hair like this can give.

No offense taken, believe me, I understand the type of forum members you're referring to, they'd be saying things like "the strand of hair over his right eyebrow curls up but it should curl down", drives me nuts. I don't often comment on such minor things, more the important factors. I just wanted to clarify where my critical views come from.

This is a sampling of my Rambo collection as it has grown over the years.

33696644316_24c79f2ea4_z.jpg

Besides the ones you see here, I have numerous other Rambo art prints from Bill Pruitt, I really enjoy his style, he captures the character of Rambo in his pieces the same way I came to love the character so much. Unfortunately, financial circumstances forced me into selling my Hot Toys Rambo collection, but ultimately I'm ok with it, aside from Rambo 3 and M65 Jacket First Blood, the overall look was pretty dated, though in an ideal world I'd own them all still.

33580773482_fcb5ae79cc_z.jpg

Those are life size knives from various manufacturers, I still own all of these and hope to build a nice display case one day.

33580804772_2fd4a9ff65_z.jpg

This was my Rambo 4 specific collection at one point, the art on the wall is actually my own drawing I did, I also have a Rambo 2 and Rambo 2 keychain like the one hanging on the wall.

32924144423_5486baaf9a_z.jpg

That's my 1/4 scale Rambo collection, still own all of them.

33608214661_0ce2391ef9_z.jpg

At one point I'd made a custom Rambo 4 1/6 figure, but unfortunately, financial circumstances forced me into selling it, which I was ok with because I knew I'd eventually be getting my 1/6 statue painted up and it would be all I need, and I was right.

19213311171_6cc3a53101_z.jpg

That's the 1/6 statue I was referring to.

32924153273_567d5bfdbd_z.jpg

That's my 6" Rambo 2 collection, from left to right, Mirage, NECA, Coleco, N2.

Given a lower price and room in my budget, I would buy the PCS statue, even with some of the flaws I see.

I'm also vocal because I enjoy discussing Rambo, be it collectibles or the films, I always have a lot to say.

I think the likeness is fine, it looks like Stallone, the hair is really the issue and I don't think angle or lighting is the factor.

The head/face looked great until these final hair shots showed up.

17333478_1242581715829133_6860842838087696384_n.jpg

Back