Statue PCS Chun Li 1/3 Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CHUN_JOSH.jpg

Pretty impressive.

Got the email this morning.

Now that I've had a chance to see all 3 in full, I think the Alpha is the best.

I don't like that seam on the stockings running down the side of her legs. It may be accurate, but on a 1/3 Chun Li, that's a good length creating a distraction.

The classic Qipao, however, is the look I will always remember her as.

They all look great! I was totally gung-ho on the classic until I saw how prominent the seams were in the pantyhose. I'm sure they're unavoidable but this is $925 we're talking here. Like Pork Chop said, I'm all about the Alpha now.

I'm kinda disappointed with the Classic design. I was all in on Alpha from the start, but I was still digging the Classic, especially over the Battle design. Now I'm actually digging the Battle and am wondering if I should order that plus the Alpha and forget the Classic...

Decisions decisions.....

I love the Classic version but I couldn't possibly justify the expense. I might be more willing to part with the cash if they were to do Cammy in her classic green leotard, but as it stands, these are way too rich for my blood. Still, they're very well done.

Battle version all the way for me. Wow! Gorgeous piece by the talented people over at PCS.

Yeah it probably won't ;p A lot of people talk about people selling 1:3s under retail on the fb bst they aren't, it's just their full pay with discount and usually with a little added on top :p And after a short period they'll go up. Now if you want to wait and see how they turn out you could wait until they release and prob get them at least at msrp. Buying after po is gonna be hella high for a while though ;p

Nah, most collect on hype and realize that either 1/3 is too big for what they got going, or they don't collect females. I scored a Mileena and Kitana for 575 each. That's 100 bucks saving from retail. I can guarantee it. Once Ryu, you'll see the listings everywhere. I'm holding off just for SDCC, so I'm just saying lol. Even if she does just hit retail, it's fine by me. 1/3 is a hella niche market.

Nah, most collect on hype and realize that either 1/3 is too big for what they got going, or they don't collect females. I scored a Mileena and Kitana for 575 each. That's 100 bucks saving from retail. I can guarantee it. Once Ryu, you'll see the listings everywhere. I'm holding off just for SDCC, so I'm just saying lol. Even if she does just hit retail, it's fine by me. 1/3 is a hella niche market.

I think 1/3 is becoming less niche (especially if someone with my limited space is invested in it) but I agree with you on being able to score Chun Li or any other PCS sellout at or under retail if you're patient and precise, especially now that Prime 1 announced they have the Street Fighter license.

As turned off by PCS's customer service and PR issues of late as I've been, my trigger finger's still itching for this Chun Li pre-order, but I like the exaggerated SFV artistic direction. Fans will buy this up thinking it's definitive Chun Li and end up realizing they prefer the unique throwback style Prototypez is aiming for, the realistic one Kinetiquettes uses in their dioramas, or whatever direction P1 decides to take. Too many options now, so the one that takes up the most space or uses potentially dated mixed media (who knows if the factory will be able to replicate the tightness of the fabric on the Alpha costume especially) likely won't be the one that stays in people's collections, if it even gets in collectors' hands before the others.

I usually wait too, but you also have to factor in the huge discount that PCS gives to buyers for full payment PO. For Chun it's 15% off, that's $138 off from retail price straight from PCS. If you didn't know that you'd think buying from Ebay is cheaper, in truth, the most you can really hope for on Ebay is around 15% off retail, it's kind of the same thing but less guarantee.

Basically if an Ebayer sells Chun1/3 to you for $100 cheaper then retail, you still overpaid $38. Because the cheapest price is $786 full payment PO.

Another problem with waiting for Ebay is that only the non-grails become available at those prices, so in the very off chance that something does instantly double or triple in price, that's the very one you won't be able to score. Everything else, yes, you can get at less then retail. So you're kind of just setting yourself up for (eventually) a huge disappointment if you do this everytime.

If PCS didn't give such huge discounts I'd probably just wait every time. But with the 15% PO discount, honestly just Preorder/pay for it and you're set, Ebay will have a really hard time matching that price. But ya, IMO never pay retail if you can help it, that pretty much goes for everything.

---

Last edited:
For any Aussie collectors here, Popcultcha have all three listed for preorder on their website for AUD$1499.99 each.

I just put in my preorder using 10% discount from pennies too!! I reckon that'll be a much cheaper option than ordering through PCS directly and dealing with import GST and international shipping costs (which I unfortunately will have to deal with for 1/3 scale Ryu cos I bought direct from PCS).

Looking forward to getting this one!

Back