patient zero 1:1 bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think people are assuming the ES is large because it took so long to sell out. I think it took so long because of the limiting factors of the customer base:

1) Life size busts have a smaller base than, say, 12" figures (both because of the price and their size).

2) The Dead line has a smaller base than Star Wars or Marvel (or most other lines Sideshow produces).

3) Even Dead collectors are somewhat saturated with Patient Zero products.

Any of these factors would decrease the potential customer base, but together they have a cumulative effect, sort of a subset of a subset. I'll be very surprised if the ES for the exclusive is more than 200. 150 seems the most reasonable to me. But if it is higher than 200, we can expect with absolute certainty to see a significant number of cancellations and declines when it ships. Just look at what's happening with the UC.

Yep, I'm going to save my pennies and wait on UC for about a year then start looking for a deal. This bust was also a major deciding factor in cancelling UC.

Maybe they will go the opposite route as that of the Aliens maquette on this one, and lower the edition size.

:D I'm going to try to hang onto this one, no matter.

I'm keeping my PO no matter what.. he only cost me $100 shipped though.

I just hope the geniuses at SS don't let the fact that this will sit in the warehouse, determine if they shouldn't bring back the 12" line. But they probably will. :banghead

Back