patient zero 1:1 bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm very "meh" about the bust but I would like the exclusive print. I have no desire for 1:1 Zombies in my collection, 12" fine, a couple of PFs great but these I have a feeling will not really be all that successful in the long run...

SS will not be making another 1:1, due to the fact there are going to have this one sit in thwe warehouse for years to come! :lol

you think not to many ordered this or SS expected a bigger turnout and made way to many edtion #

I'm a big horror and zombie fan so I'm glad I'm getting it. I was very anxious about ordering it, it's the most expensive thing I got from them. I do think it should have been a hundred dollars cheaper only because it's their own license. I used up a couple hundred in Rewards so that helped.

I was looking at other busts before this went up and it looks like a lot are bigger, maybe it depends on the character. I hope this will look really nice in person.

$440.99 at Alter Ego for anyone who doesn't have the Sideshow originals coupon. I ordered the ex at SS. Definitely want the bust, but not sure about keeping SS order because it will probably be on Ebay for 1/2 off in the near future.

Wow, I was really not expecting him to be available for so long. I like this bust and want him, but it will be interesting to see the edition size next week. I cancelled a ton of stuff yesterday including U.C. Because with so many I figure he will be had later for much less. I could be tempted to try the same with the 1:1 if there are a lot produced.

Wow, I was really not expecting him to be available for so long. I like this bust and want him, but it will be interesting to see the edition size next week. I cancelled a ton of stuff yesterday including U.C. Because with so many I figure he will be had later for much less. I could be tempted to try the same with the 1:1 if there are a lot produced.

Yeah, what's going on? Why is he still available? SS doesn't seem to quite have a feel for the ES on these more expensive dead collectibles. Too little ES for the PF and a too big ES on the bust.

If a lot of you guys have not purchased many 1:1 busts before, they always take a long time to sell out, this one is no different. Even the original Predator bust took forever to sell out, as well as Wolf, as well as most of the SW busts and Marvel busts. It means absolutely nothing that it hasnt sold out yet.

If a lot of you guys have not purchased many 1:1 busts before, they always take a long time to sell out, this one is no different. Even the original Predator bust took forever to sell out, as well as Wolf, as well as most of the SW busts and Marvel busts. It means absolutely nothing that it hasnt sold out yet.

Tru Story.

Even the Hulk took a wahl. Heck you'd think he'd be straight SOLD OUT but you can still WL him. Give it 2 years I think he'll be somewhere between Spidey and Thing.

Wrong. Every single one of those licenses has a broader appeal than this niche genre. Zombies, while lately being mainstream, just aren't as popular or displayable as the Preds, Star Wars, Marvel, etc. Thinking they would be just as appealing to the masses is flawed logic. I suspect Sideshow might've gotten a bit too overzealous with the exclusive's ES on this piece. We'll know soon enough when it's announced.

How many people could have possibly pre-ordered this anyway? With SDCC lurking? I doubt it hit 50 yet and people have probably already cancelled simply because it didn't sell out overnight and they were just hoping for a good flipper. All factors I'm sure SS is used to considering...

How many people could have possibly pre-ordered this anyway? With SDCC lurking? I doubt it hit 50 yet and people have probably already cancelled simply because it didn't sell out overnight and they were just hoping for a good flipper. All factors I'm sure SS is used to considering...

I guarantee you it hit 50 the night it went up. Probably with just flippers alone it easily surpassed that. :lol

That's too bad. Deposits would help ensure that edition sizes represent the fans love of characters and not people's love of money.

Wrong. Every single one of those licenses has a broader appeal than this niche genre. Zombies, while lately being mainstream, just aren't as popular or displayable as the Preds, Star Wars, Marvel, etc. Thinking they would be just as appealing to the masses is flawed logic. I suspect Sideshow might've gotten a bit too overzealous with the exclusive's ES on this piece. We'll know soon enough when it's announced.

so if I'm so wrong, which, if any of the 1:1 busts that I mentioned actually sold out in the first week, or even first month from goin up on PO? I recall the Wolf bust didnt even sell out until it started shipping, Name me one that actually sold out quickly.............and the Mark II with an ES of 100 doesnt count, look at how many are still in stock way after the release, with a lot bigger fan base. Vader is prolly the only Bust to sell out quicker than the rest.

so if I'm so wrong, which, if any of the 1:1 busts that I mentioned actually sold out in the first week, or even first month from goin up on PO? I recall the Wolf bust didnt even sell out until it started shipping, Name me one that actually sold out quickly.............and the Mark II with an ES of 100 doesnt count, look at how many are still in stock way after the release, with a lot bigger fan base. Vader is prolly the only Bust to sell out quicker than the rest.

how many 1.1 had a EX, the new vader did , which sold out quick

I mentioned Vader. He is argueably the biggest bust SS has ever created based off of the fan base, so yea, he sold out quick, and of course most ppl felt the need for the helmet stand; imo, the reg didnt even make any sense, the Ex was prolly a must for most that ordered it. I havent been collecting since the beginning of SS, so I cant comment on the early busts, but Boba, Hellboy, Predator, IM, Hulk, Creature of the black lagoon all have a high fan base, and either they can still be PO'd or they took forever to sell out.

Back