patient zero 1:1 bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Creature doesn't have even 5% of the fan base of Vader. But even so, I don't quite understand the point you are trying to make. People are concerned that the ES may be too large for the fan base to support it, and you are arguing that it's OK, because busts from lines with larger fan bases took a while to sell out. All that proves is that this bust, with a much smaller fan base, would need a much smaller ES to even match up in terms of sell out time to those other busts. If the ES for this bust is even close to the ES of any of those busts, it will never sell out.

Oh, and FWIW, both the SSE Dracula and SSE Frankenstein busts sold out in minutes (as in, less than ten).

The Creature doesn't have even 5% of the fan base of Vader. But even so, I don't quite understand the point you are trying to make. People are concerned that the ES may be too large for the fan base to support it, and you are arguing that it's OK, because busts from lines with larger fan bases took a while to sell out. All that proves is that this bust, with a much smaller fan base, would need a much smaller ES to even match up in terms of sell out time to those other busts. If the ES for this bust is even close to the ES of any of those busts, it will never sell out.

Oh, and FWIW, both the SSE Dracula and SSE Frankenstein busts sold out in minutes (as in, less than ten).

you guys are concerned about an ES that hasnt even been released yet, I dont understand why everyone is talking about how this will never sell out............even if it has a smaller ES than the average bust, it will still take awhile to sell out; thats the point! cause ALL busts take awhile to sell out.

I mentioned Vader. He is argueably the biggest bust SS has ever created based off of the fan base, so yea, he sold out quick, and of course most ppl felt the need for the helmet stand; imo, the reg didnt even make any sense, the Ex was prolly a must for most that ordered it. I havent been collecting since the beginning of SS, so I cant comment on the early busts, but Boba, Hellboy, Predator, IM, Hulk, Creature of the black lagoon all have a high fan base, and either they can still be PO'd or they took forever to sell out.

Again, you're failing to see the lesser appeal of the subject matter. The licenses you keep quoting will support a larger fan base and will easily sell more. This won't. I'm a fanatic of all things zombie and I'll be the first to admit it's not a popular subject. The fact that it hasn't sold out yet has me wondering if Sideshow treated it as they would any other 1:1 bust and gave it an ES to match. In that case, that would be gross oversight.

:lecture:lecture:lecture I'm guessing with the SSE Busts, Sideshow bullseyed the market with the perfect ES.

you guys are concerned about an ES that hasnt even been released yet, I dont understand why everyone is talking about how this will never sell out............even if it has a smaller ES than the average bust, it will still take awhile to sell out; thats the point! cause ALL busts take awhile to sell out.

Not sure you're quite understanding what we're talking about. With the 1:1 bust, it's a NICHE market and a small-assed niche market at that.

Are we saying that Sideshow already has an edition size in mind for the PZ 1:1? I thought the idea of a preorder now and fourth quarter release was to somewhat gauge interest in the piece, or any preorder piece for that matter, then make that number of them. I'm not fully aware of the production process, but I was under the impression that these would be made after the preorder and final edition size had been determined. That way if they got say 100 orders they could make 100, or if they got 500 orders they could make that many and then announce the edition size after a weeks worth of orders. Then just let the factory know how many to pump out. I mean are these already sitting around in China? I don't think so, but then like I said, I'm not fully aware of the production process.

As I understand it, there are two reasons that they announce an ES as "TBD". One reason is to discourage flippers. When an ES is not known, flippers are less likely to jump on an item, since the ES may end up being large enough that the initial secondary market won't support a quick turnaround. The other reason is, as you mentioned, that it gives them an opportunity to gauge interest in the piece, rather than the ES, so they can make adjustments accordingly, without consumers getting upset. For example, they may have tentatively set the ES for the bust at 100, but found that 90 of them pre-sold within the first day. This would indicate that the market might support an increase to 150 or even 200 pieces. On the other hand, if only 30 of them sold in that same time, then maybe they would decrease the ES to 75 (although that is less likely).

The base is a sticker, with the individual edition number hand painted. But the stickers printed for the exclusive are different from those printed for the regular.

But I think Matt's point was that there isn't any change-o-head, extra arm, or other sculpted exclusive that distinguishes the exclusive edition from the regular. Other than the sticker on the base, and the print, there is no real difference in the manufacturing process, so adjusting the ES for either version is relatively easy for Sideshow to do.

Last edited:
Just marked as sold out, finally! :D

This isn't really unusual... a lot of the "TBD" items that go up with the Newsletter on Thursday night, don't "sell out" until Monday... unless it is a really, really hot item, then it will usually sell out by Friday.

With Sideshow's no penalty for cancellation policy, I don't think TBA would discourage anyone whose sole intent is to flip it.

I'm really curious as to the edition size though. Should be interesting. It would be cool to know for example, how many orders were taken in the first 10 minutes, 1st hour, 1st day, etc. Not just for this product but for all products that don't sell out right away.

Back