Palisades Toys "Reservoir Dogs" 12" Figs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clobbersaurus

Freaked Out
Reaction score
These came out about 10 years ago. Anyone know how these size up against anything 1/6? I know the heads are going to be put to shame, but are they too large to stand next to any 1/6? I still have these packaged and I'm wondering if I should even open them.

And I know Sideshow has the White, Blond, and Orange ones, but I have these and that's why I'm asking.

they may be slightly taller then they should be but i think overall the scale wise isn't too much of an issue. People can say what they want about them but for their price, and considering how old they are I think they are pretty cool! plus the line is more or less complete, another cool factor.

I'm still kicking myself for selling my Marvin Nash figure. I had them all and they were really cool figures for the time.

All in all they are not bad at all. If you were lucky enough to have gotten them when Suncoast blew them out [as low as $4.99] you got a decent deal. The likenesses really aren't that bad, its the paint apps that detract from them. The clothes and accessories are nice, especially when you consider how long ago they came out. The only real problem I ever had with them [or the Palisade's Final Fantasy figures] were weak/loose joints. The bodies make decent background fodder but the heads and such should be switched out.

I was working with Palisades at the time these came out. I have the whole set there not bad. Think Hasbro Star Wars muscle body's with double joints. So there a little on the thick side but the clothes are nice except the fact that there sew on. Nash and Nice Guy Eddie and Cabot were the best in the line all thou Blonde had the best accessories.
Here is a link to a reveiw of Blonde.
https://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_101501.htm

I still have an Orange in box if your interested drop me a line.

They were cool for the time. I had the whole set including the Exclusive Nice Guy Eddie. I had a good display of them, but parted with them for cheap. They're really not worth anything, Sideshow made White, Blonde and Orange a few years ago and they are far superior to the Palisades' Dogs.

I don't have Sideshow's, other than Madsen's head, but from what I've seen, I wouldn't say they were all that far superior. Far more expensive perhaps, but dollar for dollar Palisades gave it a good go.

i have all the Palisades. some boxed and loose. funny this thread pops up as i just dug them out and went thru them recently. don't have room for the whole lot so just setup the ear cut dance scene. looked good but decide to have Madsen just lean against the wall next to Nash, looking over his shades holding the soda (or razor). looks good and will keep it like that.

all the rest, Eddie, Cabot, another boxed Nash, and the fellas, i think i'll sell as i just don't have room. i do like these better than the SS ones, few that they made.

I bought them on eBay from a UK seller he actually sent me 2 nash's and 2 me browns and 2 mr blondes as he was having a clear out I got them for £50 and I now have the full set because I won an auction for the rest of the collection got Cabot,Eddie,mr pink, mr orange,mr white new in box for $60 :)

IMHO . . . the figures were different, unique, & worthwhile with what was available . . . 10 or so years ago.

The offerings from Sideshow (what few they did) were nice compliments & upgrades.

They're dated compared to what's available nowadays, but at least they got ALL of the core characters from the film.

I doubt any company would want to invest in this particular license again for a variety of reasons. The same goes for PULP FICTION.

I have multiples of these - they sell for less than retail now I haven't unloaded them. I think I sold a set on ebay recently for almost nothing.

The sculpts are actually very good but the paint is pretty bad. Accessories, clothes are very comparable to what you can get today.

Back