Statue Pacific Rim - Knifehead Kaiju - Now up for order!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats everyone, this looks like it turned out really great! That light up feature looks stellar. If they do implement light ups for the rest of the line they are going to look AMAZING when all displayed together!

Pretty sure both Gipsy and Striker (at least Striker) will have light-up features. :lecture ...not so sure about Slattern. :dunno

Good news if they have, although the gypsy danger chest looks very much painted in the pictures.

In fact I can't find a single picture of it lit up, you'd think they would want to show it off like they do with the Knifehead.

Went ahead and ordered it - the low quantity thing spooked me too much.

Have the other 3 on PO so couldn't risk not completing the set :)

Ha, me too, still no low quantity warning on the item page though. None the less I'm really looking forward to having this one in person in a couple of days, I loved the Knifehead design. I'd like to order the others but I'm not quite sold on them, it's the poses I think. Might get the Slattern though, we'll see.

Still waiting for the one I won to ship.
I guess they are waiting for someone's return to use as the prize. :impatient:

Hey guys, I went ahead and ordered this guy and thought I'd offer my opinion. In a word he's Awesome!! :rock

I've had him a couple of weeks now and he's still one of those pieces you have to keep looking at as you walk by. There has been a lot of complaining about his size, it seems some people can't comprehend more than one dimension at times, 17" may not sound huge but this guy is solid, he's long and wide which more than makes up for it. He really is an impressive size in person so don't let that put you off. Especially as he's almost sold out. I've put him next to the P1 LSB for a size comparison, the P1 isn't small by any means being a 1:2 Yautja but Knifehead is noticeably larger, he commands attention when you walk in the room. The light up effect is brilliant, the best I've seen from SS so far and yet the water still looks cool when the lights are off also.

There aren't to many downsides But I will just mention this. When he arrived, he was covered... and I mean absolutely covered in some kind of material, I thought it was thousands of loose brush bristles at first as that is what it looked like but it could have been fiberglass or something similar I guess. I got most of it off with a damp sponge but some of it is unfortunately stuck under the decals on his cheeks etc and between the water. I haven't heard anybody else mention this so I think it was just a one off left in the wrong place for too long. Also the yellow lines aren't great, they are just blobbed on with no subtlety at all, I will be looking to repaint them at some point, nothing that ruins him then unless you plan to display him two inches away from your face....

So all in all he's great, If you liked the movie, or even just the Kaiju you'll be very happy with this guy I think, I look forward to hopefully seeing a couple more of them made in future... Leatherback and Karloff please ;)

225/1000

Thanks for the pics Python! :) I haven't even seen the movie yet(!) but love the designs for these statues and that's enough to get me into collecting these. I think the last cool polystone monster this good from SS was their Balrog in 2003 :)

You're welcome, the Kaiju designs are definitely the best thing about the movie, it's just a fun, silly popcorn flick tbh. I appreciate a good creature design whether I've seen the movie or not also. I loved the Knifehead design in the movie and SS have done a really good job of this one. I like it a lot. Still not sold on the others yet so he'll be a standalone piece for now and he works just fine as such.

Looks absolutely wonderful, Python! I also intend to purchase Slattern, and position these two guys so that it looks like they're about to square off (Slattern's downward-looking, turned head facing Knifehead's err... "knife head"). While the PACIFIC RIM plot doesn't happen to pit Kaiju against Kaiju, there's just something about these two statues placed in a battle stance that brings me back to 1959, when I saw Warner Bros./Toho's GIGANTIS THE FIRE MONSTER, which happened to be playing with THE MYSTERIANS. It was a Saturday matinee double-feature extravaganza filled with fighting dinosaurs and giant robot thrills, and kids lined up around the block of the Loew's Oriental in Brooklyn to see 'em. Del Toro's PACIFIC RIM caught that sensibility perfectly, whipping up a stylish sense of fun that the new, lumbering GODZILLA flick somehow missed, breathtaking trailers aside.

Thank you, and that's a cool idea. I am tempted by the Slattern myself, it's the Jaegers that have slightly awkward poses in my opinion. I'm waiting to see in hand pictures of the big guy though so I look forward to seeing your little diorama, might even make my mind up for me. I would love to see the Russian Jaeger and a couple of the cooler Kaiju in this line.

First of all I LOVED Pacific Rim but the first time I saw knifehead in the movie I though "What an ugly kaiju" and was a little annoyed that SS didn't made other Kaijus (Otachi or Leatherback) or the other jaegers instead. I decided not to buy it... that was until today lol, I saw ir at my LCS and this statue is great, not so ugly in person (great personality as well ). I ended up buying it, and don´t regret the purchase at all. Now the only thing I´m praying :pray: for is a cool light up feature for slattern so it won't look dull compared to this badboy.

As a plus the art box is cool as hell!

321/1000

No light up for Slattern apparently.

Gypsy and Striker will have light ups though.

I saw the photos with Striker's lights, and I've heard about them putting lights in Gypsy, but I still haven't seen any photos or source on the Gypsy information

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404388706.530365.jpg
seza9yqu.jpg

Have to say SSC did a very good job on this piece.

Nice pictures, it seems everybody that has this one likes it. A very underrated piece imo.

Absolutely... It's one of those pieces that you stare at constantly, because of the level of detail and sheer outrageousness of design. The light-up feature is a big plus as well, and the creative way it's used on the ocean wave base is really worth mentioning. BTW, have you noticed that some Knifehead statues (prototypy's, and my own) have slightly slouching left arms with talons that nearly touch the little boat, while others (like yours, Python) have slightly higher-raised left arms/talons that clear it pretty easily. It makes little difference, although the subtly more upright KHs can't help but seem a tad more intimidating when viewed head-on. For the record, the statue used in the official SS listing is of the nearly-touching-the-boat ilk, as is the prototype that was displayed at the San Diego Con. Whichever one you wound up with, it's a 100% winner, a wonderful statue that never fails to inspire and impress.

Back