Statue Pacific Rim - Knifehead Kaiju - Now up for order!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Opened this bad boy up last night and I am VERY impressed. The paint job is magnificent. Subdued but it pops in the right places. Really love it.

The light in the base is just awesome. My favorite light up feature of any statue I have. Makes the water look so eery and alive.

This statue is better than slattern, but now having them both makes me like slattern more. Love having my per kaiju protecting my TV.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409935256.702166.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1409935275.997786.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1409935304.582737.jpg

Absolutely... It's one of those pieces that you stare at constantly, because of the level of detail and sheer outrageousness of design. The light-up feature is a big plus as well, and the creative way it's used on the ocean wave base is really worth mentioning. BTW, have you noticed that some Knifehead statues (prototypy's, and my own) have slightly slouching left arms with talons that nearly touch the little boat, while others (like yours, Python) have slightly higher-raised left arms/talons that clear it pretty easily. It makes little difference, although the subtly more upright KHs can't help but seem a tad more intimidating when viewed head-on. For the record, the statue used in the official SS listing is of the nearly-touching-the-boat ilk, as is the prototype that was displayed at the San Diego Con. Whichever one you wound up with, it's a 100% winner, a wonderful statue that never fails to inspire and impress.

Huh, and I was actually coming in here to ask if anyone else's Knifehead's claws were a little close to the boat. So is it actually leaning or something? It was really bothering me and I must've tried taking it out and put it back into the base for like, 3 rounds now - until I found that I slightly chipped the "ankle" of the leg with the power connectors :slap

saw this in LCS, looks pretty impressive, have 440$ reward points thinking of getting this along with gypsy danger.

Go for it, this is a very impressive statue indeed!

I think I will, I need to contact the CS see if they still can apply the combo deal, the description of the item says there is a bundle offer, might honor that!

Can't hurt to ask ;) I'll have to get some decent pictures of mine, the ones on Sideshows site really don't show this off very well at all.

I finally got this piece. Been meaning to get it for the longest time ever. Managed to get it for quite a bit less than retail, woot.

11091148_10152667152152391_416022446_n_zpsibwwwf9i.jpg

11156941_10152667151997391_609554955_n_zpsm57kmqjk.jpg

Really really impressive. It looks amazing in real life, quality is of sideshow of old. Really happy with it.

I can't believe Slattern was priced above Knifehead when you can clearly see how much better Knifeheads paint and finish is. It's like Slattern was made by a completely different factory. I have both and the squandered opportunity of Slattern annoys me whenever I look at it!

Nice pictures, yours looks lot more glossy than mine unless it is just the light exaggerating it? I still love mine, I'll get it out in the sun one day and get some decent pictures.

I asked Alex over in the official thread on SF if we might see more Kaiju soon, the answer was that no more Pacific rim stuff is currently planned. This is a shame, I genuinely think this is one of Sideshows more underrated pieces personally, and very impressive in person. Even I forget how nice the light up feature is until I turn it on every now and then. Anyway, I was dusting today and took a few pictures of this big guy, he's finally sold out, I think the pictures on the site didn't help sales, nor did the poses on the Jaegers. Hopefully we will see more like this in future......

baHqr1E.jpg

hg57ntp.jpg

WnIdZAR.jpg

Un05vuQ.jpg

4NToVGj.jpg

MhO6OZy.jpg

w9U8vNF.jpg

dBau0Ms.jpg

FUFO36D.jpg

Yes, it is very underrated. I ended up getting one and love the light up feature, but decided I don't care for any of the other PR pieces and it does not really fit my collection so I am selling it.

Doesn't fit my collection either, it sits along side Aliens and Predators ;) But I really like this thing, I doubt you'll have trouble selling it though, it has finally sold out via Sideshow.

I didn't think the others were as well done as this either which is why I passed, but I'd love to see a Leatherback and Karloff done to this kind of standard!

I asked Alex over in the official thread on SF if we might see more Kaiju soon, the answer was that no more Pacific rim stuff is currently planned. This is a shame, I genuinely think this is one of Sideshows more underrated pieces personally, and very impressive in person. Even I forget how nice the light up feature is until I turn it on every now and then. Anyway, I was dusting today and took a few pictures of this big guy, he's finally sold out, I think the pictures on the site didn't help sales, nor did the poses on the Jaegers. Hopefully we will see more like this in future......

Hopefully ...but I doubt it. :wink1:

I love this line ...very underrated indeed.

Thx for the pictures. :yess:

:hi5:

Doesn't fit my collection either, it sits along side Aliens and Predators ;) But I really like this thing, I doubt you'll have trouble selling it though, it has finally sold out via Sideshow.

I didn't think the others were as well done as this either which is why I passed, but I'd love to see a Leatherback and Karloff done to this kind of standard!

The problem is not so much character fitment as scale. I decided to sell pretty much everything below 1/4. Even my new Weta pieces are getting the axe and I have a ton of LOTR stuff, but decided to stick with 1/4 and 1/1 and let wall artwork of the larger creatures fill my gaps.

Back