Statue Pacific Rim - Gipsy Danger Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Won't happen... this is it... if you want SS PR collectibles, this is all you're getting...

If this is true this will make it a tough decision for me as to whether or not I will buy in. I would like to have PR statues, but I would be settling for GD rather than being excited like I normally do. I can't have a PR collection without GD, but at the same time I wouldn't be too happy with it. That could very well change if I had seen it in person. Decisions Decisions :dunno

Is there anyone who saw this in person that could verify if the pose is as awkward as it seems or this a case of it being that pics do not do it justice and you just need to see it person in order to appreciate its design?

Unfortunately after I personally sent an email to one of the staff members at Sideshow, this is the only pose that we'll be getting. Not to mention they told me that they are NOT fixing the paint on the Nuclear Reactor so they're leaving it black which is a very inaccurate detail, NO light up LEDs and NO switch out hand/blades. What you see is what you get guys, which is very unfortunate. In a way I want to get it, but something tells me not to so am thinking it over many times.

a basic museum pose would have worked just fine for this with a landing dock base or something similar. the rock base does nothing to show scale and the pose has been discussed ad nauseum. Also its too small for me as well, im hugely disapointed as i was pumped to see the reveal on this and how awkward it turned out, not to mention lack of lights and switch out features.

a basic museum pose would have worked just fine for this with a landing dock base or something similar. the rock base does nothing to show scale and the pose has been discussed ad nauseum. Also its too small for me as well, im hugely disapointed as i was pumped to see the reveal on this and how awkward it turned out, not to mention lack of lights and switch out features.

:lecture

this alone would have changed my mind to buy this, even with the other issues mentioned above.

Seems consensus is no one is getting this but we all want a gypsy in our collection

This statue would be greatly impoved by showing the plasma cannon revving up in the left hand or bringing back the left hand to make a big swing with the sword like he did on Raiju or whatever the crocodile Kaiju was. It would help explain this weird pose. Apparently from what others have said we won't get this so...oh well I'll pass lol.

I saw the movie and was all excited about getting a GD. I loved the design and told the wife when SS released one, I was getting him. I loved the look. Then SDCC happened...nothing but disappointment. SS should scrap and start over. That one pose someone posted of him walking was excellent. As it is now, easy pass.

A Gipsy figure is a must-have for me the moment I came out of the movie. I have the 7" NECA figure and have pre-ordered the 18" one (despite the horrendous paint job on my 7" figure).

Part of me still want the SS Gipsy; but the more I look at the SDCC photos, the more I fell in love with the Striker statue. I wonder how weird it'll be to have the SS Striker statue on display with the 18" NECA Gipsy figure...

This movie was soooo good! I just can't seem to bring myself to order this one though...

Would you have preferred this pose?

f534a3f359781929e6ba159f4bcc22d4.jpg

;)

After seeing that I think I'll cancel my GD order.

damn shame that sculpt wont be produced.

So Striker Eureka has light up features and priced the same as Gipsy Danger? I'm thinking their sales of Pacific Rim statues are not doing as well as they hoped so they are scrambling to make these better.

Is it possible for them to change the Gipsy Danger statue to include a light up chest or is it too late now that it's up for preorder? Didn't they change the Galactus maquette statue at one point where it wasn't originally meant to have light up features but they added light up features later on?

So Striker Eureka has light up features and priced the same as Gipsy Danger? I'm thinking their sales of Pacific Rim statues are not doing as well as they hoped so they are scrambling to make these better.

Is it possible for them to change the Gipsy Danger statue to include a light up chest or is it too late now that it's up for preorder? Didn't they change the Galactus maquette statue at one point where it wasn't originally meant to have light up features but they added light up features later on?

They also added lights to some other Jedi chick statue recently. I forget who.

A Gipsy figure is a must-have for me the moment I came out of the movie. I have the 7" NECA figure and have pre-ordered the 18" one (despite the horrendous paint job on my 7" figure).

Part of me still want the SS Gipsy; but the more I look at the SDCC photos, the more I fell in love with the Striker statue. I wonder how weird it'll be to have the SS Striker statue on display with the 18" NECA Gipsy figure...

That's kind of my plan. 18" NECA Gipsy and Knifehead and SS Statue Slattern and maybe Stryker.

That's kind of my plan. 18" NECA Gipsy and Knifehead and SS Statue Slattern and maybe Stryker.

Heh, good to know I'm not the only one considering mixing the lines as their collection =) And if SS decides to give Gipsy a light-up reactor, I'll probably get that too.

Back