OZ- The Great And Powerful

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sithlord1975

Super Freak
Reaction score
NO thread on this? Hmmm...
Couldn't find one.

Anyway, this might be the first movie of the new year that I actually go and see and try and enjoy it for what it is.
It's Raimi film, and it's shaping up to sound pretty decent overall, and decent reviews so far.

Looks good for kids and adults.
If I had to choose between this and Jack the Giant Slayer, I'll probably go see OZ.

I'll be going to see this film this weekend. It looks like it might be an intersting take on what set up one of the classic films we've all seen.

NO thread on this? Hmmm...
Couldn't find one.

Anyway, this might be the first movie of the new year that I actually go and see and try and enjoy it for what it is.
It's Raimi film, and it's shaping up to sound pretty decent overall, and decent reviews so far.

Looks good for kids and adults.
If I had to choose between this and Jack the Giant Slayer, I'll probably go see OZ.

Sure there was a thread about this!

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113556

Friend of mine got to see an advance screening and loved it. She didn't think she'd like it, but was very impressed.

^ It's a perfect family film. Kids will love it. Adults will love it. Evil Dead fans will love it. :lol

Just got back...I really really liked it 8.5 out of 10...fun...would have been a 9-10 if Warner Bros had given permission to use some things from the original film...Kunis was so hot!

Last edited:
What couldn't they use?

I believe that WB didnt allow the use of some past characters..The witch wasnt allowed a wart, no ruby slippers,music from the film...stuff like that...my wife said she read an article or something...A well made film...one of S Raimi's best IMHO...I would love to see an EE version...I will get this on DVDBlu-ray combo pack no doubt

Going to see this next weekend when the gf is in town. Can't wait how was James Franco in this movie? I'm sure great

Back