Statue Overwatch D.Va Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad everyone's digging the new D.Va statue! I get a warm fuzzy feeling when folks understand how much effort it takes to pull a complicated design such as this. Just wanted to say big thank you from all of us at the sculpting team @ Blizzard. ;)

???

If that is the case...
...where the F are the Starcraft pieces like Hydrlisk and Protoss? :p

also, was looking through your other post, as your name looked familiar (but not who i thought), i too am a game artist. :D

...guys need an animator?... hahaha :p

I'm trusting in the quality of the first batch. Did the same with Reaper and had no issues. Besides, Blizzard would make it right if there was something wrong.

Cool to see you on here Dominic. I've been following you in Instagram for awhile now. Phenomenal work you do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad everyone's digging the new D.Va statue! I get a warm fuzzy feeling when folks understand how much effort it takes to pull a complicated design such as this. Just wanted to say big thank you from all of us at the sculpting team @ Blizzard. ;)

Keep 'em coming Dominic and we'll keep up the warm fuzzies :)

I'm still impressed with the level of detail that Reaper has for his price point. He's by far my favorite statue that I've picked up this year and I have picked up a LOT.

I'll have to wait a while, but I'm definitely getting this. Reaper impressed me so much for $150 that I need this thing, especially since I main tanks. That said, I hope they stick to $150 for the regular human-sized characters; the value for money here still seems good, but not quite as good as the others.

That's awesome man. Daunting project but could potentially be awesome. I hope to own her golden guns myself one day.

Does any one know for sure if the blizzard pieces are for sure open editions? I know Tracer is for sure confirmed as one bit never heard anything about reaper or widow. D.va is gonna be about $770 Canadian and with all I have coming this year, that might put her on the back burner.

Either that or I might have to drop the idea of getting all the statues and stick with my mains/better characters.

Either that or I might have to drop the idea of getting all the statues and stick with my mains/better characters.

This is what I am doing. I actually had them cancel my Widowmaker preorder so that I could put those funds towards Dva (my favorite character and statue so far). I think the Widow statue looks beautiful but I have clocked less than 15 minutes playing her so I don't have any attachment to the character. I would love them all, but I think I will be happy with a handful of my favorites for the time being.

Yes they are. Any pieces that are labeled under Blizzard Collectibles are open editions. At some point, they will be vaulted. This has not happened for any of the Overwatch pieces yet. I can confirm this at this time.

I was at Anime Expo for the unveiling. Here are some pics.

Turntable video link on my twitter: https://twitter.com/dominicqwek/status/881036920238690304

0b6bec9579c71e78e80bca93cd5dc4f3.jpg
0cdc8f9fbcd5d827586ae8d2231fa24b.jpg
9359720003e0b013a1e43ecf39362cf8.jpg
add7095d0c6fba484b62b8557157f661.jpg

Thanks for confirming they're all open editions. I had heard they were as well. This doesn't effect anything for me. I bought Reaper because he looked fantastic but he isn't one of my mains. D.Va is my main. Going from here there's not really anyone else I absolutely have to have.

Wow, the size of it is pretty damn incredible. Honestly, the only character I wouldn't care to have would be Orisa. I like her but haven't fallen in love with her yet. She hasn't hit the "she's part of the Overwatch family" level for me yet but I digress. I'm really really happy to see how this looks from a showroom view. It definitely will be an eye catcher.

Wow, the size of it is pretty damn incredible. Honestly, the only character I wouldn't care to have would be Orisa. I like her but haven't fallen in love with her yet. She hasn't hit the "she's part of the Overwatch family" level for me yet but I digress. I'm really really happy to see how this looks from a showroom view. It definitely will be an eye catcher.

Orisa would be sad to hear that...

Yes they are. Any pieces that are labeled under Blizzard Collectibles are open editions. At some point, they will be vaulted. This has not happened for any of the Overwatch pieces yet. I can confirm this at this time.

I was at Anime Expo for the unveiling. Here are some pics.

Turntable video link on my twitter: https://twitter.com/dominicqwek/status/881036920238690304

0b6bec9579c71e78e80bca93cd5dc4f3.jpg
0cdc8f9fbcd5d827586ae8d2231fa24b.jpg
9359720003e0b013a1e43ecf39362cf8.jpg
add7095d0c6fba484b62b8557157f661.jpg

Thanks for the confirmation. Also you suck for posting those photos. She looks awesome and makes it more difficult to decide what to do! Haha.

Once they are "vaulted", does that mean they would no longer be open edition?
Or does Blizz still have the ability to "un-vault" them to put more out?

Asking in ref to any Blizz piece, not just OW.

:/

So basically saying there are no plans to restock if vaulted, but they can always do more if the want.

Back