Over exposure/saturation point for Spidey and Wolverine?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
kierbaudy said:
Good points already made. Biggest problem is that spidey and wolverine are not kick ass statues. They are good, no doubt about it, but ultimately what sells is how striking it is, and that is from the hard core fans. I might skip on both, don't like spidey's diaper look and the camera is underwhelming like someone said. Wolverine is a good statue, but again, nothing uniqure really.

I think the statues are average at best....Not to say the attention to detail and quality are average, but the "action" is not there...Wolverine is doing the same "run at you with claws out" we've seen a million times.....and as ive said before Spidey is very normal looking....not a stricking set of posses at all. With the amount of statues/busts in the market SS is going to have to put something out that when you see it you think"WOW Ive never seen anything like that before" .....They did it with the Spidey vs Hulk :horror and with Doom:horror ...and even Ironman had that greatness...Pidey and Wolverine and just not that impresive

IMO the poses are great. I love both actually enough to order something that I'm not prone to collecting. Both have that "essence" for both characters that I would want if I was going to buy something. I don't want some stupid crazy action oriented pose. I want something that looks good and compliments the statue or PF piece.

jlcmsu said:
IMO the poses are great. I love both actually enough to order something that I'm not prone to collecting. Both have that "essence" for both characters that I would want if I was going to buy something. I don't want some stupid crazy action oriented pose. I want something that looks good and compliments the statue or PF piece.

I am sure there are many who agree with you..but as a long time X-Men And Spiderman comics reader, I want a pose that takes an action scene out of the pages of my comic and makes it 3-D...I loved the Hulk vs Spidey and X-Men vs Sentinals...IMO thats what many comics fans are looking for..not just another statue:peace

kingdarkness03 said:
I am sure there are many who agree with you..but as a long time X-Men And Spiderman comics reader, I want a pose that takes an action scene out of the pages of my comic and makes it 3-D...I loved the Hulk vs Spidey and X-Men vs Sentinals...IMO thats what many comics fans are looking for..not just another statue:peace

I understand that totally. However, a lot of those poses in statue form from what I've seen tend to look odd. Not to mention a lot of folks who aren't avid comic readers want something that looks nice to display which these do IMO. Also SS has to market these to a wide variety of collectors and going for a straight out of the comics pose I don't think is the best way to do that. :peace

jlcmsu said:
I understand that totally. However, a lot of those poses in statue form from what I've seen tend to look odd. Not to mention a lot of folks who aren't avid comic readers want something that looks nice to display which these do IMO. Also SS has to market these to a wide variety of collectors and going for a straight out of the comics pose I don't think is the best way to do that. :peace

True...often times it is very difficult to capture those action poses in a 3-D element and have them not look "odd"..but if there is a company who I trust to do it, it would be SS...And also true SS has to cadure(?) to many different collectors....They do a good job for both types...action junkies,like myself,can order the "vs" dioramas....and statue loves have the Spidey, Wolverine and Doom.....Although the Doom was so great I dont know how anyone could pass on that one:peace

I agree if anyone can do it I believe SS can. They really get stuff out for all kinds of collectors and the little kid in all of us.

jlcmsu said:
I agree if anyone can do it I believe SS can. They really get stuff out for all kinds of collectors and the little kid in all of us.

So true..I love SS and ALL they do...SS also seems to produce great and loyal fans....good discussion jlcmsu...:joy

For me it was simply a lack of wow. I'm not a big Iron Man or Doom fan, but both those pieces are amazing and if I had some extra money, I'd try to get a Doom or the X-Men v Sentinel, which was another piece that made me imitate this smiley - :wacky. I really want to like both of them, I just can't and unless the price was right, I don't think I can.

Lack of "wow factor" seems to be echoing throughout most responses around here. I agree that a piece has to grab you. It has to grab you and not let go. There are pieces that achieve that right away and then there are those that take a bit of time. In my case, the Wolverine Comiquette grew on me after seeing a few pics.

I hope that most of the upcoming pieces from Marvel are geared more towards the "right out of the comic page" crowd. Chances are those are the pieces that the other crowds looking for the "essence" of the character (whatever that means) eventually warm up to. I mean, chances are that if you are going through the trouble of buying high priced statues based on comic book characters is because you are familiar with the character's exploits in the comics and not necessarily in the films/tv.

Not trying to alienate anybody. Just my two cents on what I am reading so far.

For me, I have too many big/expensive pieces coming and I need to make some serious decisions on which ones I want/need, and which ones I don't/can't afford. I already have a couple of Wolverine statues and this latest Comiquette from SS just doesn't stand out enough for me to desire having it.

I was really looking forward to the Spider-Man PF for a long time. I'm a much bigger fan of Spider-Man then I am of Doom or Iron Man, yet I have Doom and would not trade it for the Spidey piece in a million years, it's that good. I generally like the pose of S-M, except as others have said, he seems a bit flat footed. And I'm a big fan of the mixed media, I just don't think it looks right/good on Spidey. His costume doesn't really lend itself to that treatment. The Green Goblin, on the other hand, was a great example of the Premium Format working brilliantly - and has a powerful, detailed pose to match. (Although he's not sold out either) :confused:

I agree that Gobbie gets overlooked. I think he's the equal of Doom in almost every way and he's a major influencing factor on my ordering Spidey even though he didn't blow me away.

kierbaudy said:
Hey Resin Dog:

Everyone wants to know what camera you use? That's a fantastic picture.

Add me to the list of the impressed. How in the world are you getting such beautiful pictures? I would love to know more about your photo gear, as mine don't come out looking anywhere near as great as yours.

tomandshell said:
Add me to the list of the impressed. How in the world are you getting such beautiful pictures? I would love to know more about your photo gear, as mine don't come out looking anywhere near as great as yours.

From his now infamous shots of Doom 1/4 in SF:

"I use a Canon 350D (Digital Rebel XT in the US) and I love it. Good value and great quality, and that's with the standard kit lens"

I just think people are hesitant to order because they see some of these figures going for 30% - 50% less than MSRP on ebay. I think lower edition sizes for the exclusive would help that out.

Only 5 Iron Man regular editions left.

60 Wolverine Comiquette Ex left...for a while now.

No sign of a Low Quantity Alert for Spidey PF Ex.

Am I the only one that finds this a bit telling for these characters and how people are making some tough choices on what pieces to pass on? Not being negative. Just an observation.

I think it's the nature of the exclusive for Spidey. We hear here and SF ad infinitum collectors saying they will wait for retail and get it cheaper. The exclusive for Spidey isn't something very exciting and I think most will wait for the regular version from a dealer.

I agree, The camera is nice, but do you want to pay extra for it? See what would've happened with a black Spidey....

Back