Other Godfather Characters, Is There Interest?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i would figure seriously if hot toys did the godfather.i don't know if francis ford coppola gave permission because if he did . i don't think al pacino could stop them from using his likeness.

Getting The Godfather figures would freaking rock...
My list..
1. Michael
2. Sonny
3. Fredo
4. Godfather II: Michael
5. GF II: Vito
6. Tom hagen
7. Luca

Getting The Godfather figures would freaking rock...
My list..
1. Michael
2. Sonny
3. Fredo
4. Godfather II: Michael
5. GF II: Vito
6. Tom hagen
7. Luca

I would like to fully endorse this list.
:lecture:lecture:lecture:lecture
also:
solozzo (one full head, one blown open)
mccluskey
director with horse head
clemenza and tessio
moe greene
...screw it, i want the whole cast!:rock:rock

That's it really. IMO "Tony Montana" was more iconic than Michael Corleone but not because of what you mentioned. It was legendary and IMO the best performance played by any actor in any film. Iconic Pacino at it's very best.

Still I would be lying if I said it wasn't more iconic because of how widely familiar people are with it.

Scarface? Best performance?!!! Has anyone even seen Serpico? Scarface is the most over-the-top, over-rated character. The only reason more people know him is due in big part to MTV's Cribs. Show me one rapper who didn't have a poster of Scarface in house and the damn movie playing on in 200" plasma screen. Geez! :slap

Eric

Scarface? Best performance?!!! Has anyone even seen Serpico? Scarface is the most over-the-top, over-rated character. The only reason more people know him is due in big part to MTV's Cribs. Show me one rapper who didn't have a poster of Scarface in house and the damn movie playing on in 200" plasma screen. Geez! :slap

Eric

So which one is it? You hate the movie or rappers? Your post is very confusing. I could care less what some lame rapper chooses to rape as a theme for their image. Pacino was brilliant in Serpico but it wasn't "iconic"

So which one is it? You hate the movie or rappers? Your post is very confusing. I could care less what some lame rapper chooses to rape as a theme for their image. Pacino was brilliant in Serpico but it wasn't "iconic"

I hate the movie. Also, after re-reading the recent posts, I realized I mispoke. Yes, sadly, Tony Montana is "iconic".

Eric

I would love a Micheal to stand behind Corleone on his base, that would look badass.

Sonny is the one who would actually look appropriate in this position, and unlike Michael it's within the realm of possibility because James Caan was OK with licensing his likeness for the game even when Pacino wasn't.

But yeah, they released the second "Godfather" game only like 4 months ago and even as recently as then Pacino wasn't willing to play ball.

I've maintained on several occasions that the fact that Pacino is off-limits is what has forced everyone to abandon the line after doing the Don because you can get away with doing a 1-figure line based around Vito but the second you skip over Michael to do other characters you have a line-crippling problem.

Some properties have an assortment of characters with roughly-equal status and you can get away with shuffling them around but "The Godfather" has a lot of family and hierarchy.

Release a figure other than Michael as #2 and even a novice would know something was up. The only other figure that could even possibly see a release before Michael is Deniro's young Vito and we can all look at our collections and see Deniro is even worse when it comes to action figures.

Ultimately people are going to come in here and tell me I'm wrong and that a Pacino-as-Michael figure is an inevitability but the fact of the matter is this: EA and Diamond Select are the only companies who have used the Michael character in merchandise. EA was fine using a generic face and Diamond's Minimates never use likeness rights so that tells you the problem right there.

1.Serpico
2.Scarface
3.Heat
4.Carlito's way
5.Godfather part 1

Gotta respectfully disagree with you on that one man.

Heat was a great movie, and he was great in it, But how could a part in which one of your cast mate gives a better face to face performance then you did (obviously in talking about Deniro) be classified higher then one of the most iconic villains in American movie history??

Also, the critics HATED scarface when it released. The only reason it has appreciated with time is once again, due to the whole gangster glorification of the 1990's. I freaking love scarface, I really do and I think he gives a fabulous performance, but MC is on another level. Basically, if you talk to someone over and under the age of 30, Tony Montana's Icon status def. changes, with the younger generation putting in him in a higher regard i think.

Carlitos way is another great movie. I like it because it portrays Pacino using a “in-between” style, merging his two acting styles, (A-when he was younger, he was more subliminal, calculating, not as direct and much more subtle. B-When he was older, he changed his style up, becoming more direct, yelling more, showing more agression and a stronger screen presence). He shows a little bit of both sides with Carlito Brigante. Great movie IMO, def one of his top 5, just dosent touch MC.

Your dead on with Serpico though IMO, he was phenominal there. That year had a DEEP field at the oscars for Best Actor, but i def think he shoulda walked away with it. If he did this movie would be so much more known then it is today. Def isnt his most iconic to most, but it def. is to me.

I want to reiterate this is all just opinion, I mean its like choosing between White gold and Yellow gold because there is just so much quality on this guys resume!!

Last edited:
Let me just start this post off by stating that for 20 years now Al Pacino has been my favorite actor. There are some that come close (Deniro, Nicholson) but he holds #1 in my books. Always will.

I just wanted to reply to what you said about critics "hating" Scarface. Brian DePalma mentions in the bonus footage of Scarface that the very same critics that bashed it (for no other than political lacky b.s.) now praise the film as one of the best ever gangster films made.

Now with all that being said, "I" enjoyed Pacino's performance in both Serpico and Godfather (1&2) moreso than in Scarface BUT the question at hand is not performance but rather which one is more "Iconic"

Scarface has many weaknesses but Pacino's performance was nothing short of legendary and pure method.

Let me just start this post off by stating that for 20 years now Al Pacino has been my favorite actor. There are some that come close (Deniro, Nicholson) but he holds #1 in my books. Always will.

I just wanted to reply to what you said about critics "hating" Scarface. Brian DePalma mentions in the bonus footage of Scarface that the very same critics that bashed it (for no other than political lacky b.s.) now praise the film as one of the best ever gangster films made.
Now with all that being said, "I" enjoyed Pacino's performance in both Serpico and Godfather (1&2) moreso than in Scarface BUT the question at hand is not performance but rather which one is more "Iconic"

Scarface has many weaknesses but Pacino's performance was nothing short of legendary and pure method.

Granted, but I can't assume that every critic in the world who said they didn’t like it said so because of only political reasons. Alot of them said that he was overacting and wasn't genuine enough, that he wasn't playing a Cuban gangster, but a Caricature of a Cuban gangster. I’ve herd many born and bred Cubans repeat that same thing to me. Once again, they are critics so no one gives a crap what they say, I loved the role ever since I first saw it in the late 80's, but the period of time from when it released till about fairly recently when it wasn’t considered crème of the crop is part of the movies legacy. I feel that it can't be compared to his other roles if it has only been labeled as one of the best since about 2001, which is about the time when he became a pop culture icon and white suburban kids trying to be like they're favorite rappers started wearing t-shirts saying "Say hello to my little friend".

Last edited:
Okay I can agree and respect what you say about the dorks that hijacked both the movie and character. BUT it doesn't or shouldn't take away from his intense and memorable performance. It was pure method.

Now you also mentioned that Cuban's were not impressed with his performance. Did you know that Pacino hung out with the director of photography (Cuban born) John A. Alonzo? He asked him to help him find his character and he helped Pacino.

So what is fact about the movie? Critics blow and todays pathetic gangster wannabe kids shouldn't discredit an "iconic" film.

Okay I can agree and respect what you say about the dorks that hijacked both the movie and character. BUT it doesn't or shouldn't take away from his intense and memorable performance. It was pure method.

Now you also mentioned that Cuban's were not impressed with his performance. Did you know that Pacino hung out with the director of photography (Cuban born) John A. Alonzo? He asked him to help him find his character and he helped Pacino.

So what is fact about the movie? Critics blow and todays pathetic gangster wannabe kids shouldn't discredit an "iconic" film.

Agreed.....:duff

Sonny is the one who would actually look appropriate in this position, and unlike Michael it's within the realm of possibility because James Caan was OK with licensing his likeness for the game even when Pacino wasn't.

From what I heard, the problem with the Godfather game was not that he was unwilling to give his likeness rights, it was that he had already signed them over for the Scarface game.

Back