Other Godfather Characters, Is There Interest?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I say this guy........
FredoDeMo.jpg

Gotta respectfully disagree with you on that one man.

Heat was a great movie, and he was great in it, But how could a part in which one of your cast mate gives a better face to face performance then you did (obviously in talking about Deniro) be classified higher then one of the most iconic villains in American movie history??

Also, the critics HATED scarface when it released. The only reason it has appreciated with time is once again, due to the whole gangster glorification of the 1990's. I freaking love scarface, I really do and I think he gives a fabulous performance, but MC is on another level. Basically, if you talk to someone over and under the age of 30, Tony Montana's Icon status def. changes, with the younger generation putting in him in a higher regard i think.

Carlitos way is another great movie. I like it because it portrays Pacino using a “in-between” style, merging his two acting styles, (A-when he was younger, he was more subliminal, calculating, not as direct and much more subtle. B-When he was older, he changed his style up, becoming more direct, yelling more, showing more agression and a stronger screen presence). He shows a little bit of both sides with Carlito Brigante. Great movie IMO, def one of his top 5, just dosent touch MC.

Your dead on with Serpico though IMO, he was phenominal there. That year had a DEEP field at the oscars for Best Actor, but i def think he shoulda walked away with it. If he did this movie would be so much more known then it is today. Def isnt his most iconic to most, but it def. is to me.

I want to reiterate this is all just opinion, I mean its like choosing between White gold and Yellow gold because there is just so much quality on this guys resume!!

The reasons for my 2 til 4 are simple, BECAUSE nobody liked them at the beginning and similar to stuff like Watchmen (movie) and Usual suspects, movies that had mixed reviews and were seen as what they are only years after they came out.
Controversial stuff, that is what becomes the MODERN CLASSIC, sure Carlito's way had a retarded ending but so did the godfather 2 and 3.
In Godfather 2 I believe that Robert de Niro's Vito Corleone should have come to his senses instead of killing a senile old sob and I would SO punch Mario Puzzo in the balls for not being able to make Michael Corleone achieve his goal.
A man that wants nothing but to redem the family name and ends up alone and depressed, this isn't tragic, this is presumptious and stupid.
SURE, the acting of Pacino was EPIC, indeed but everytime I see Michael Corleone I have to think of how silly his life gets.

The reasons for my 2 til 4 are simple, BECAUSE nobody liked them at the beginning and similar to stuff like Watchmen (movie) and Usual suspects, movies that had mixed reviews and were seen as what they are only years after they came out.
Controversial stuff, that is what becomes the MODERN CLASSIC, sure Carlito's way had a retarded ending but so did the godfather 2 and 3.
In Godfather 2 I believe that Robert de Niro's Vito Corleone should have come to his senses instead of killing a senile old sob and I would SO punch Mario Puzzo in the balls for not being able to make Michael Corleone achieve his goal.A man that wants nothing but to redem the family name and ends up alone and depressed, this isn't tragic, this is presumptious and stupid.
SURE, the acting of Pacino was EPIC, indeed but everytime I see Michael Corleone I have to think of how silly his life gets.

I don’t know whether your referring to Ciccio or Fanucci, so im going to address both.

Vito was kind of forced into the life, like many poor, illiterate Sicilians were around that time. It was kill or be killed, rob or be robbed. Even when he did have an honest job, someone came and ripped it out from under him. He was exposed to that world, and it just so happens that he had the skill set to become successful in it (Ruthlessness, ambition, Honor, Demanding respect). I don’t see anything wrong with how it ended up, as hundreds people made the same exact choice he did back then. Its easy to say whats right and wrong when your looking from the outside, but when the chips are down, you have to do what’s best for you and yours. What would you have done if someone was trying to extort you? You cant go to the cops for many reasons
1) You don’t speak English
2) Southern Italians were the victims of a huge amount of racism in those times, especially by the Irish, who made up a lot of the police force in NYC after the famine
3) The Black Hand was working in some type of cooperation with the local police

About Ciccio, the guy was responsible for the murder of his Father, Brother, and his Mother right in front of his eyes. He had to leave his homeland just because this man wanted him dead. In Sicily, the system of laws and order just weren’t there at the time. Did you want him to go to the Carabinieri, which were under Ciccio anyway? Hell most mayors of the time were Mafiosi. Did Ciccio not deserve it? Was Vito "out of line"?? I don’t really understand what you mean by comming to his sense's. Again I ask what would you have done?

The guy did what he had to do. Nothing to hard to believe.

About Michael not being able to clear his name, Absolute power corrupts absolutely. He's not the first man with good intentions that died alone, and he def. won’t be the last.

I get what your saying though, and I def respect your opinion. Can you go deeper into why you think the Vito and Michaels ending really didn’t please you?
HT please produce more GF product now!!!!

Although I didn't care for part 3 the story ended correctly and realistic. In the beginning Michael tried to keep his family intact but his PRIDE destroyed all that he tried to build. He had his own brother killed. As a result, in reality things like watching your daughter die and he himself dying alone are very realistic IMO. The writing and directing were both near perfect IMO.

From the Godfather movies I would really only buy a Michael fig (other than Vito, which I already have). And of course a Scarface fig as well, but sadly it's not likely to happen is it. :(

Im in !
i would like tou see
Michael , Santino,Fredo, young Vito(de niro)
and for the hardcore fans(like myself) : Clemenza,Tesio,Solozo.

From what I heard, the problem with the Godfather game was not that he was unwilling to give his likeness rights, it was that he had already signed them over for the Scarface game.

That's true but the arrangement is still in affect as of April or May whenever the second "Godfather" game came out and the fact that there is no "Godfather" merchandise with Pacino's likeness outside of the game and there is a mountain of "Scarface" figures and statues featuring the likeness pretty much proves that the situation isn't specific to games.

It's really a "proof in the pudding" situation. Pacino's likeness appears on no "Godfather" merchandise and there's an obvious and apparent reason for that.

The only Godfather figure I would want is Michael, honestly. Preferrably from Godfather 2. And since that won't happen....

We should all like put in a bunch of money and persuade Pacino with a big fat check as a method to try and get him to sign over his likeness.

You know what I never got, how did so many Scarface merch with his likeness get made?

Back