Original, Unaltered Cut Of Star Wars Trilogy To Be Released On Blu-ray By Disney?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, I need disk versions because my downloading / decompressing skills died off about 25 years ago. :)

I will be doing again before Episode 8, but only one per week around 10 PM. I run the theater in Cold Spring which is a small 5 screen theater. Nice part is we are independent so the owner let's me do stuff like this from time to time. I will be sure to keep you in mind next time I do this!

The Harmy edits are 1920x1080p, not 720p. They're the official 2011 Blu Rays, very heavily tweaked with video and sound elements from many versions of the films.

Do you know if Harmy's 2.7 are 1080p? I've done a lot of reading on this yesterday (especially around originaltrilogy.com) and could swear they're all 720p. I don't want the blus from 5 years ago. Harmy's done a lot to it since then. Check out the 2.7. Amazing.

The Harmy edits are 1920x1080p, not 720p. They're the official 2011 Blu Rays, very heavily tweaked with video and sound elements from many versions of the films.

2K was the normal digital projection in cinemas, 4k's become more popular. I think 1080p blu-ray resolution is half that of 2K projection, though I'm no expert. So it'd look pretty good, not as good as a nice high quality digital transfer of the original negatives, but still very nice.

LKkZwDt.png

Virtually no difference then, awesome.

Do you know if Harmy's 2.7 are 1080p? I've done a lot of reading on this yesterday (especially around originaltrilogy.com) and could swear they're all 720p. I don't want the blus from 5 years ago. Harmy's done a lot to it since then. Check out the 2.7. Amazing.

I haven't got the 2.7s yet, but the 2.5 of the original Star Wars was 1080p so I'm not sure why the 2.7s wouldn't be.

You can either PM Jimmy on here (there's a thread on the topic of Harmy's edits in the Star Wars statues/props section), and he'll get you versions on disks, or look it up yourselves - the 20 part Mega upload files are pretty easily available. You'll need Jdownloader or something like that to download them and decompress and join up the .rar files though. You can find them on some torrent websites too.

Even Jyn has those .rar files for her home theater.

rogue-one-star-wars-death-star-plans-003-1280x531.jpg

I'm more amazed that 720p projects well onto a large theater screen? And the sound? All from the 25gb Harmy disc from Juimmyjones? I always imagined projection booths to be more complex than just popping in a disc.

I need to make friends with a theater manager.

We have a bluray player hooked through one of our projectors. Actual films come in on hard drives we ingest into the projectors. Bluray actually looks pretty good on a theater screen. Obviously it's not perfect but when you're talking films from 77, 80 and 83, they look pretty darn good.

And it's Star Wars the original versions. Doesn't get much better than that. Until Disney gives us the 4K transfers....please God!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back