Optibotimus Reviews: Hot Toys Iron Man 3: PPS002 MK XXXV(35) "Red Snapper"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Optibotimus Reviews: Hot Toys Iron Man 3: PPS002 MK XXXV(35) "Red Snapper"

HT's been pretty consistent at several interviews, stating that Mark III is the #1 choice for a remake, and possibly under the Die-cast line. Who knows, maybe HT would throw in some interchangeable BD parts like with the Mark 42. Die-cast or not, that would surely not cost as much as the original BD Mark III's aftermarket prices, and would most definitely have better aesthetic quality.

You really dont man, HT's needs a major redo on him. Next to any newer release he just looks disappointing and extremely disproportionate, If you could get him for like $150 he'd be worth it to fill a HOA bay

Agreed.. I don't know why that armor is so expensive. Back when I started collecting IM stuff I wanted this badly! Settled for mk VII as my first. I would only buy the mk III at retail or less

HT's been pretty consistent at several interviews, stating that Mark III is the #1 choice for a remake, and possibly under the Die-cast line. Who knows, maybe HT would throw in some interchangeable BD parts like with the Mark 42. Die-cast or not, that would surely not cost as much as the original BD Mark III's aftermarket prices, and would most definitely have better aesthetic quality.

I'm waiting for them to do that, hope it happens relatively soon.

You really dont man, HT's needs a major redo on him. Next to any newer release he just looks disappointing and extremely disproportionate, If you could get him for like $150 he'd be worth it to fill a HOA bay

That's it exactly though...i wanna fill in my Hall of Armor. It's driving me nuts that i have my Midas armor in my HOA in place of the Mark III lol

Agreed.. I don't know why that armor is so expensive. Back when I started collecting IM stuff I wanted this badly! Settled for mk VII as my first. I would only buy the mk III at retail or less

I'd like something similar or maybe even a little higher. The problem though, is no one will sell it for that because of the eBay prices

Very good! I look forward to this guy arriving :yess:

And yeah the Mk36 Peacemaker is the same suit in orange, minus the grabby arms

tC4UGXa.jpg

It'll sell like hotcakes- huge demand for new accurate version..diecast would be perfect....it'll come!

Mark 3 has always been my favorite armor from the movies. I'd buy a new version in a heartbeat:lecture

Yeah, I guess the demand for Mark III would always be there as it's the first armor to sport the iconic Red-and-Gold combo on the big screen, bringing to life for the first time the Iron Man colors that we just used to see in 2D via comicbooks.

Among several reviews of the Red Snapper out there, no one has thought to try the obvious and replace the grabber arms with the Mark VI's? In the Snapper's descript, it clearly says interchangeable arms...

Among several reviews of the Red Snapper out there, no one has thought to try the obvious and replace the grabber arms with the Mark VI's? In the Snapper's descript, it clearly says interchangeable arms...

:lol

There is one where they put the mk 7 arms on, didnt work as well though

Yes I know. But the Mark VII arms don't fit in as well apparently. Besides, the Mark VI is the one used in the proto reveal pics, so I'm curious to see how it looks. I'd be willing to bet that it wouldn't look half bad.

Ummm i put the arms from Red Snapper on the MK VI. Unless you mean putting the regular arms from the MK VI on the Red Snapper?

Ummm i put the arms from Red Snapper on the MK VI. Unless you mean putting the regular arms from the MK VI on the Red Snapper?

I am pretty sure that is what he means. I am pretty sure that is all the Mark 36 Peacemaker suit is.

No, they're not bothered at all. Lipsmack was just trying to make the conversation less boring. If anything, the insane aftermarket prices of most of the previous IM pieces could have given HT the realization that people are willing to pay that much for their figures, that they thought people would still buy even if they try to crawl up their own prices. It's like, "So people buy Mark VIs at $600? Then surely they would still bite if we make our next Iron Man figure cost $350! Afterall, it's still not $600, which they still buy!"

:goodpost::exactly:

Imho, Hot Toys retail pricing appears to be a mix of actual rises in production cost and maximising profit, without damaging retail sales.. obviously Hot Toys want figures to sell out in a reasonable time frame but equally its unlikely that the lessons of aftermarket pricing are completely ignored.. Warehouse warming stock is of no interest to anyone except bargain hunters.. however retail pricing is a dark art, for example Iron Monger is an awesome figure, but it still took a while to sell out, because it was also an expensive figure.

Very good! I look forward to this guy arriving :yess:

And yeah the Mk36 Peacemaker is the same suit in orange, minus the grabby arms

tC4UGXa.jpg

:rock

I might go for this figure, still not sure about the color (if it was Construction equipment yellow, I would pre-order on announcement) but definitely prefer the suit without 'grabby' arms.

I am pretty sure that is what he means. I am pretty sure that is all the Mark 36 Peacemaker suit is.

I think they'll need to adjust the ball part of the joint. My MK VII arms on Red Snapper were loose and unable to hold any upward position. The MK VI did better on one arm. It was tight. The other arm was as bad as the MK VII though. But here's a picture of Snapper with the MK VI arms.

ugupy9a2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That doesn't look half bad. Thanks for the pic, 'Botimus!

I think they'll need to adjust the ball part of the joint. My MK VII arms on Red Snapper were loose and unable to hold any upward position. The MK VI did better on one arm. It was tight. The other arm was as bad as the MK VII though. But here's a picture of Snapper with the MK VI arms.

ugupy9a2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is exactly what I meant. Thank you for your time, sir.

Nice review! I enjoy it.
Thank you Optibotimus!
I can't wait to release mark 35 to Japan.

Mark 36 "Peacemaker" has the mixed arm of Mark 7 and Mark 17.
I like Mark 36 as well.

Back