Opinion: Wait or Buy 1/6 Sideshow C-3PO and R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At this point I'd say you might as well wait. I think the Sideshow figures are okay but have never been overly happy with them. R2 isn't bad but 3PO will be easily replaced. I'll keep my Sideshow versions though as spares (thinking of using the drink tray for R2 and I'll find a spot for 3PO).

I saw ss r2 at my local comic book store. First the paint apps and accessories are great, but anything else just plain sucks. All the panels is wobbling all over the place, and the plastics is thin, I mean thin like the toys that you get from dollar store. It's good for displace if you ask me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

If the HT R2 coming out was original trilogy, I'd say no brainer and grab that one. But since it's straight a TFA figure, I'd hold off or grab SSCs R2 which I'm sure you'll find for a good price beings the new one is coming and people will want to offload it. As for C3PO, I have been waiting for HT since I just don't like the price of SSCs version, but if I found it at a big discount, I'd probably grab it. End of the day, it's your money, so only you can decide.

If you NEED in your collection right now, then I'd say just by SSC and when the time comes for HT versions, sell and use whatever money you get to offset cost of new ones or take the opportunity to customize the SSC version a bit without fear of destroying them 🤓

Tamashi 3PO and SS R2. Really hope Tamashi does a R2. I think if you can wait for those then that's all you'll need

9bf86a4e70cfd7027f31ff1962152acc.jpg
207618c78561b3a70ab258b37561e9bd.jpg

Back