Opening a small business

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love the sign! You did a great job on that and it definitely looks classy! :)

So how did your grand opening go? Everything really looks beautiful Allison. I hope your business is a success! :duff

Thanks, Jen! Saturday went well, but I haven't done a "grand opening", yet. I still need to take care of a few things. Everyone seemed to really like the store and were surprised at how nice it is. I am meeting with a Val Pak rep on Tuesday, and am looking at placing ads in some other places.

This Saturday is our annual street festival, so I anticipate a whole lot more exposure.

Hey Allison, your store looks freakin' fantastic! :rock
Very happy for you and the best of luck with everything!
sm_alkashi.gif

Thanks, Maglor. I put those beads in a bowl and photographed them. I designed the sign and am happy with how it turned out. I was hoping to get feedback on how classy/cheesy it is. Do you think it looks high-end? Sometimes it's hard for me to view those things critically.

Definitely classy.

Matches the store perfectly.

It's not ready, yet, but I will be open tomorrow! :panic:

424334_3421219463459_122330349_n.jpg

486532_3421219023448_1715903879_n.jpg

574594_3421217863419_405765911_n.jpg

224213_3421217463409_1980103124_n.jpg

I appreciate everyone's supportive and helpful comments. Thank you!!

Bravo, Allison! The store, the sign, everything looks awesome and incredibly classy! If that is all your taste, you should do very well.

Looking good! :rock

Thank you!

Definitely classy.

Matches the store perfectly.

Thanks, Maglor! I'm glad you think so.

Bravo, Allison! The store, the sign, everything looks awesome and incredibly classy! If that is all your taste, you should do very well.

Thanks, DC!:1-1:

I am going to be advertising in those Valpak envelopes. Two zones (20,000 households) for October, November, and December, then my just my local zone (10,000 households) in February and March. 80,000 mailings for about $3,400. I don't know if that's a good deal or not, but all of those mailings will have a picture of the inside of my store on it.

I am meeting with someone who writes press releases for new businesses this week. For $225, he will write something up and submit it to two local papers and another local business publication.

Ok, Freaks, what kinds of music, in your opinion, should I play in my store?

Thank you!

Thanks, Maglor! I'm glad you think so.

Thanks, DC!:1-1:

I am going to be advertising in those Valpak envelopes. Two zones (20,000 households) for October, November, and December, then my just my local zone (10,000 households) in February and March. 80,000 mailings for about $3,400. I don't know if that's a good deal or not, but all of those mailings will have a picture of the inside of my store on it.

I am meeting with someone who writes press releases for new businesses this week. For $225, he will write something up and submit it to two local papers and another local business publication.

Ok, Freaks, what kinds of music, in your opinion, should I play in my store?

No elevator music but nothing poppy either. Needs to be smoothing but not annoying.

With that being said, I have no clue. :)

:lol

She should have the door triggered to play "Chunckblower" by Dr. Shrinker whenever someone comes in. :lecture

I don't think anything's wrong with pop music. Macy's at 34th St. plays it all the time. But, regardless of what you choose to play, I'd recommend music that's not too loud and overpowering that it gets annoying.

In any case, best of wishes for success on your new business! As others have already said, your store looks very classy! :clap

Back