Once Upon a Time in Hollywood : Quentin Tarantino's upcoming movie, July

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wouldn’t be surprised if QT puts his own bizarre, macabre spin on the Manson murders in this. Similar to how Hitler got blown away during the chaos in that theater in Inglorious Basterds. Perhaps DiCaprio’s and Pitt’s characters happen to be in the area and end up barging in and blowing away Tex Watson and the rest of the perpetrators or something.

That would be nice. I read that Jay Sebring was a friend of Bruce Lee, its a shame Bruce wasn't there that night, probably would of beat the crap out of the Murderers.

That would be nice. I read that Jay Sebring was a friend of Bruce Lee, its a shame Bruce wasn't there that night, probably would of beat the crap out of the Murderers.

Yeah, I read that too. That would have been nice.

Sometimes, I ponder if depicting true events with a fictional outcome is in bad taste, especially when it comes to the gruesome taking of someone else’s life, or if it’s simply in a way showing contrition that this person or people should still be alive and wishing that the horrendous event had a different outcome.

If anything, reading about these murders has shown me that there is just unfortunately pure evil in some people’s hearts, and nothing can ever rid the world of that. I read that Tex Watson has since become quite pious while in prison and is a “born again Christian.” While it’s admirable that he at least expresses remorse for what he did and realizes that he can’t go back and erase the past and can only go forward, I don’t think any of them deserve an iota of sympathy nor forgiveness, no matter how religious or contrite one claims to be, because I highly doubt the person or people whose lives you took out of pure unadulterated evil, would forgive you. You may have been at a point in your life where you were in a dark place and have since pulled yourself out of that place, which as I stated, is admirable since all you can do is move forward, but those are five (six including Tate’s unborn child) lives that will never get their lives back because of your premeditated actions.

It looks like the film will be like Pulp Fiction. In the way that PF had the characters stories interweave during the film. Leo and Brad will be like SLJ and JT, the main story will revolve around their characters but the stuff about Manson will slid into their story somehow.

I watched that background video a few days ago, and if I recall correctly, it stated that DiCaprio’s or Pitt’s character is supposed to live in the neighborhood of Polanski and Tate. So to me that indicates that their paths will cross somehow.

QT is my spirit animal. He's the only director I give a crap about. I've lost all interest in modern movies; especially the latest "event" spectacles and all the superhero and genre stuff.

BUT....I make sure to see every Tarantino movie in the cinema. And I learned my lesson after "Basterds:" no more trailers. I'm not watching this or any other trailers or TV spots. I'm going in cold and savoring every minute of it. After all, he's claimed he's only gonna do one or two more movies ever and then retire.

(Dear god I hope that Star Trek movie never happens. His talents would be wasted on it, like that episode of ER he did back in the day.)

Crappy thing about Japan is it comes out months and months later, so I have to continue to avoid spoilers. And in the case of Hateful Eight, the whole movie was online in DVD screener quality for months before the Japan release, but I resisted, cause I need that cinematic experience. I almost can't even consider his movies as "movies"....they're just his own unique thing in a genre all his own.

I'll check back in with this thread in September or October when the movie is finally released here and I get to see it....til then I'm on media blackout.

I'm sure it'll be good but I gotta say the subject matter is the least compelling for me of any of Tarantino's movie so far besidesmaybe Jackie Brown.

I saw this last night, I loved 50% of this, and I didn't care much for the other 50%. Some scenes aren't needed and some just go on for far to long but when the movie's really good, it's really really good. Also the ending is absolutely insane and amazing, probably one of the QT's best endings he's ever done, I loved the last 20 mins.

Dragged on and on and on...plus anyone younger than 30 had no idea about 90% of the character references.....

Back