<> OMG Photo Bank - BANDAI METAL STRUCTURE 解体匠機 RX 93 νガンダム REVIEW - P853 <>

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: <> Robocop ED-209 - OMG Photo Review <>

Excellent photos as always OMG. About the robot, the rubber Dome its a big disappointment, more than the sound.

Can't believe what they did to the voice either, just watched the vid. They no doubt redubbed it all because they wanted to include the ''you are in direct violation of....'' part of his dialogue which evidently cannot be isolated from all the other sounds in that part of the scene.

NECA left that part out and just went straight to the guns.

Awesome pics!!! I really thought there was no way this figure was coming out on time... so I was biding my time. But placed an order with Sideshow today.

Not thrilled about the rubber dome though, can't figure why they wouldn't just do a fabric wrapped, or even just painted plastic. It's not like rubber is what the head is supposed to be made of in real life and I' fear it will crack like the old one.

What's with the voice? Nothing like the movie. Aghhhhhhh

The voice just sounds slow... wonder if the batteries are weak?

Love to see the pics, but its not gonna make it for me, dont like the paint application that much.

It looks sweet as I stated but I agree with the rest of you. Rubber dome again? Ouch! Oh and the sound effects are horrible. I can't stand it. I'm glad I'm saving my money for now. I don't think it's worth it.

Only thing I'm not liking in regards to the paint apps are the grease marks. They look like decals. Otherwise, beautiful figure. A shame they persisted with that rubber dome and yeah, the movie quotes sound very off. Even if they were perfect, though, it's not something I would use more than a couple times.

Was kinda hoping for a delay on this, but it's good in a way that it won't be coming out with RoboCop. Good to break-up the expense rather than a simultaneous release.

Hi OMG is it rubberized plastic or just rubber? How soft is the dome?
Is the voice deep in person and have you tried different batteries as it could be weak batteries thats making the voice weird.

Thanks mate

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYiwBPAMdn4

If its a case of weak batteries then all the sounds should be weird. And yet only the voice is. They made up their own samples.

Yes your right mate, I'm just clinging to some hope before I cancel, if the dome is the same rubber as before I don't want it.

Is it really better than the old version?

It's undeniably better than the old one. Better detailing, more moving parts, additional articulation. But at the same time disappointing because they again used rubber for the dome despite the much documented problems the first version had for using rubber.

The dome is annoying, but I had already resigned myself to buying Antropoid's plastic counterpart, anyway. Once I don't have that to fret over, I'm sure I'll be happy with ED. This thing will look incredible on the shelf.

Looking at the new one and an old picture, you can see a frame thats now around the new dome. Maybe they have changed the compound, why do that and keep the same rubber, don't make sense.

Old

New

Last edited:

And look at the difference on that new front grill :clap

Back