Olly moss star wars mondo prints

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry for reviving this thread but in light of recent events...I would like everyones opinion. So vie been monitoring these olly moss prints over Evil-Bay. I too believe that ebay is a good indicator of market value. It's a open platform for likeminded enthusiasts to bid on collectibles they like and otherwise wouldn't be able to find. It's the essence of a free market IMO...but before these prints had sold I was still hoping they'd drop in value. But two recent auctions have sold these prints for 1500 and 2000 respectively...so in light of this, would u all say that that was its current market value? If there are precedents, I don't see how the prices will come down...as these prints become rarer, they should only increase in value (up to a point before it simply becomes inflated and preposterous)...opinions appreciated.

With something like this the only thing you can really do is monitor ebay prices, so yeah, I suppose that's the market value right now. But of course things can change pretty quickly.

It's very easy for the prices of these things to come down (I'm not saying that it will, mind you). Maybe everyone willing to pay the higher prices already has. Maybe the buzz around the pieces will wear off when the next great thing appears. It's impossible to say, really. In the end, they're only worth what people are willing to pay.

Personally, I think paying that much for mass-produced posters or prints is insane.

With something like this the only thing you can really do is monitor ebay prices, so yeah, I suppose that's the market value right now. But of course things can change pretty quickly.

It's very easy for the prices of these things to come down (I'm not saying that it will, mind you). Maybe everyone willing to pay the higher prices already has. Maybe the buzz around the pieces will wear off when the next great thing appears. It's impossible to say, really. In the end, they're only worth what people are willing to pay.

Personally, I think paying that much for mass-produced posters or prints is insane.

i agree, it is insane to pay more than 2k for poster prints. but they are beautiful aren't they???? but the price is so steep its just hard to justify. i believe, these prints are worth 1k - 1.2k imo. but the "cool" factor is still there....thus its inflated. its always hard to distinguish whether a certain items cool factor will stay for the duration. look at MR's falcon...they were released for 2k, then the prices dropped...some even got them for less than a grand. but now, they're going for over 4k on Ebay. i guess collecting is a volatile market, but there aren't many of us that are really in it to make a profit i suppose? we collect because we are fans. we collect because we adore the lore and want a piece of it in our homes....sigh, to buy or not to buy????

A xerox machine copy is better then? Indeed maybe the artist signs and sometimes adds the edition number on a print himself, but otherwise there is not a big difference between this, and a simple photo. Still don't get me wrong on the original artist sketch, painting or drawing, that would be great to have.

Like swabie said, this is far from being xeroxed or just copied and laster printed.

Oh well, you can feel as bad as you want about these "xerox copies", but I got my Olly Moss set at retail and that's all i'm worried about. cheers :yess:

Like swabie said, this is far from being xeroxed or just copied and laster printed.

Oh well, you can feel as bad as you want about these "xerox copies", but I got my Olly Moss set at retail and that's all i'm worried about. cheers :yess:

Coming from someone who owns this set, how great are they? If by chance, they were lost...some inexplicable reason. How much would u spend to replace them?

Coming from someone who owns this set, how great are they? If by chance, they were lost...some inexplicable reason. How much would u spend to replace them?

I own them. I have collectibles insurance (via Collectibles Insurance Services) that would cover the actual replacement cost. :)

I recommend that for EVERYONE who collects. EVERYONE!

https://www.collectinsure.com

P.S. I got no kickback or anything for promoting them.

P.P.S Now to answer your question - I'd pay quite a lot to get them back. Losing them would keep me up at night.

Then be happy with you papers, you don't have to justify yourself to me with what price you got them for etc., because I really don't care :wave

Back