Olivetti Hulk Comiquette, Links to waitlists in 1st post!.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Starting with the Great news!: I got my Hulk at long last :yess:

The not so good news is: It is probably the most expensive one on earth to date :( (refering to cimiquette)

Firstly, I am new to the statue scene and bought on Ebay as I thought it would not be possible to buy from Sideshow. Mistake?

Secondly, I bought the regular version (please don't FAIL spam me :pray:) I have no.119/1000 Mistake!

Thirdly, being in Africa makes life more complicated when it comes to things like this :crying . I paid $ 360 for the statue, $200 for shipping, then as a further surprise $188 for tax & additional postage :cuss
A not so nice total of $748

Was it worth it? You bet it was!! Absolutely love the statue.

Problem is, I really need to be 200% sure about any statue I plan to buy in future before I go for it.

killer taxes :slap

How you planning to get around the recessed lines? filling them in may be a pain.

True. The guy i spoke to will have to fill them. He does not come cheap (my Hulk conversion was €175,-/ $ 230,- so my Hulk totalled to €540,- / $ 710,- that's the penalty for being a European collector) but he's doing masterpieces

His website (in Dutch)

The not so good news is: It is probably the most expensive one on earth to date :( (refering to cimiquette)

Firstly, I am new to the statue scene and bought on Ebay as I thought it would not be possible to buy from Sideshow. Mistake?

Secondly, I bought the regular version (please don't FAIL spam me :pray:) I have no.119/1000 Mistake!

Thirdly, being in Africa makes life more complicated when it comes to things like this :crying . I paid $ 360 for the statue, $200 for shipping, then as a further surprise $188 for tax & additional postage :cuss

Problem is, I really need to be 200% sure about any statue I plan to buy in future before I go for it.

I would go on the live chat now and ask sideshow for a shipping quote for that item.. Just to see how much it is in comparison. That way you will know in future if sideshows shipping is cheaper :wink1:

Congrats on the statue though :rock

Thats rough! Congratulations on a great statue. I would try to go through Sideshow. At those prices you will want to be certain, especially due to taxes.

My mother always says "life is like a box...." umm no wait...

"There's only 1 thing that is certain in life, death from taxes."

I think you're fine tho' just sell a few conflict diamonds and you're set.

<><><><><> = $$$$$$

That is no lie! "Tax man", the villain that will kill everybody.

Anyhow I though I must at least post some pics ;)

1) What is my wife doing on the chair?
2) Hulk is peeved off
3) Seeing that he's been posted with a few other heros & villains I though let me add a few. Note: Hulk is the biggest hero by a long shot :D

e7gzyg.jpg

10oe3c4.jpg

30dko5w.jpg

Congrats! Nobody should give you a fail...not with your dedication! :hi5:

2) Hulk is peeved off
3) Seeing that he's been posted with a few other heros & villains I though let me add a few. Note: Hulk is the biggest hero by a long shot :D

e7gzyg.jpg

Really cute kid!

Beware! Your wife is was preparing to jump down from the chair and double sledge the Hulk comiquette! Same thing happened to mine, may he rest in pieces.

2) Hulk is peeved off

What is your wife doing on that chair?:lol
Congrats on picking up this great piece. Good pics!:clap

Did it myself, took about one and a half hours. Used some watered down acrylic paint and a cloth on standby to clean off the excess.Pretty easy to do.

Did it myself, took about one and a half hours. Used some watered down acrylic paint and a cloth on standby to clean off the excess.Pretty easy to do.

Wow! That's awesome Jimmy. I've seen a lot of conversions in this thread buy I can honestly say I LOVE the way yours turned out. Repainting his pants was a nice touch to. I think his pants were a little too bright. The skin tone and color look spot on. You did a great job!

I sure wish I would have ordered one of these. Finding one now is a challenge. :slap

When you finally get one and have it on display, you will know the challenge was worth it. This is a fantastic piece. This piece is so full of rage and motion. To me, that is the Hulk!

Back