Oldie but goodies (Power Rangers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I could have swore i did see atleast two new upcoming daggers in a pic some where,including the one boxed in the pic above.

A review for the one posted above(i am pretty sure) and the reviewer mentions there is another version out there that is smaller.

There are two daggers, the one in that review is the misproportioned one that includes the lightsaber extention in the handle. There is also on that comes packaged on like a figure cardback that is a proportioned replica but is made to be a dagger size for a child where the old 90's one was a dagger to an adult and almost a sword to a little kid.

The other new one is the loose one in this shot, pretty sure, and I've seen the morpher pack it's next to in store to know the scale, and it's puny.
201_1808.jpg

I think there's a combination of these figures being produced in small numbers and lots of people snagging them for scalping or kids. All the Walmarts I've been in, they had about 3 pegs for the figures to hang on, one had about 5 Megazords including the one I bought and the rest were gone a day or 2 later when I went back to the same one. The figures are in short supply. It's a strange line, I'm just glad I found them all when I did, even if they don't make more stuff, I got all I wanted from this first wave. If they're produced in a limited run, to me that's suggestive of a collecting nature, but then why not do nicer figures like the Super Legends. Maybe stores will have more once ABC starts to actually air the episodes, right now, it's really only people like us that know what these figures are, some kids could be happy enough it's a power ranger but most won't know Mighty Morphin at all, won't recognize the costumes or the zords.

I think there's a combination of these figures being produced in small numbers and lots of people snagging them for scalping or kids. All the Walmarts I've been in, they had about 3 pegs for the figures to hang on, one had about 5 Megazords including the one I bought and the rest were gone a day or 2 later when I went back to the same one. The figures are in short supply. It's a strange line, I'm just glad I found them all when I did, even if they don't make more stuff, I got all I wanted from this first wave. If they're produced in a limited run, to me that's suggestive of a collecting nature, but then why not do nicer figures like the Super Legends. Maybe stores will have more once ABC starts to actually air the episodes, right now, it's really only people like us that know what these figures are, some kids could be happy enough it's a power ranger but most won't know Mighty Morphin at all, won't recognize the costumes or the zords.

That's what I keep seeing oodles of, Super Legends!!! That's all I see. Really nothing more. I will prevail though! :lol

When does this reboot of the series begin to air?

January I believe. Also, keep an eye on the toys for that Planet 51 movie, all the Walmarts I've gone too, the new Rangers stuff has been tossed in with those toys instead of together with the other rangers stuff, I almost missed them the day I got mine because of that, but I was a little frustrated why they weren't in my stores yet so I gave the figure aisle a real hard look and found the MMPR stuff tucked in with Planet 51, and the figures and cards are small enough you could easily pass them over with your eyes and never know, had me wondering if the other Walmart I checked twice had them all along and I just missed it because those times, I check the PR stuff and didn't see it and left, didn't check the whole section.

January I believe. Also, keep an eye on the toys for that Planet 51 movie, all the Walmarts I've gone too, the new Rangers stuff has been tossed in with those toys instead of together with the other rangers stuff, I almost missed them the day I got mine because of that, but I was a little frustrated why they weren't in my stores yet so I gave the figure aisle a real hard look and found the MMPR stuff tucked in with Planet 51, and the figures and cards are small enough you could easily pass them over with your eyes and never know, had me wondering if the other Walmart I checked twice had them all along and I just missed it because those times, I check the PR stuff and didn't see it and left, didn't check the whole section.

Thanks for the advice, Maul. I'll definitely check that out. I still need to do some last minute Christmas shopping, so I'll be out and about. I'll keep you updated. :rock

Good luck, on many levels :lol, I tried to go to a mall last week, granted it was at night, but a Thursday, with a friend just to hang out and ultimately we took a couple minutes even trying to find a place to park and said screw it and left :lol

Good luck, on many levels :lol, I tried to go to a mall last week, granted it was at night, but a Thursday, with a friend just to hang out and ultimately we took a couple minutes even trying to find a place to park and said screw it and left :lol

Oh, I know. :( Please don't remind me.

:lol

Yeah ive picked up the few figures I wanted all ready so Im good there, but no zords. I kinda of want that dagger also though. The walmart near me has the rangers in a seperate area also. All the ranger stuff is in the main aisle mixed with some Kamen rider stuff and the older RPM stuff. Mean while the next aisle over with the blocks and crap has the rangers on the end cap. Dont really get that setup but whatever. Still hunting down that zord.

It looks like a promo of the new team aired all ready in Japan.
Tensou Sentai Goseiger, the zord I seen looked pretty cool, havent seen much else on it though.

I'm watching Truelife: I'm a Fanboy and one of the people in the documentary is a Power Ranger fanboy, making me want my Megazord even more. :lol

Well, I'm sure you'd rather find it in a store, but maybe online could help ya.

An official Bandai site's been launched, sadly, unless this is just wave 1, it looks like everything we've gotten hyped about is all that's coming. Man, check out the regular Dragon Dagger and how small it looks in a kid's hand, what a shame.

https://www.bandai.com/powerrangers/mmpr/

Well, I'm sure you'd rather find it in a store, but maybe online could help ya.

An official Bandai site's been launched, sadly, unless this is just wave 1, it looks like everything we've gotten hyped about is all that's coming. Man, check out the regular Dragon Dagger and how small it looks in a kid's hand, what a shame.

https://www.bandai.com/powerrangers/mmpr/

yeah i knew it was gonna be small, posted a picture awhile back next to the deluxe dagger. here goes baby w/dagger

22469_102790216416555_100000567319838_79359_4456321_n.jpg

Yeah, it's perfect for a baby :lol, but I mean a real kid that ought to be playing with this, like the one pictured on Bandai's site, it looks like a pocket knife in his hand.

Yea, sadly, the figures kinda suck, there's nothing all that mega about the Megazord and the Dragon Dagger is pathetic. Sad, but not unexpected really.

Well, in my experience, Bandai's not the most cutting edge toy maker, with the quality Hasbro pours into stuff, Bandai looks about 10 years old with their stuff. Even the 90's PR stuff wasn't as nice as other toys out there. Best thing I've ever seen out of Bandai are Godzilla figures, those get great craftsmanship. It'd be nice if Bandai carried the Legends stuff further, but my guess is, there are less collectors of MMPR and more just kids playing, so we get the very toy stuff like right now. I'm still happy to have it all, I don't need Hasbro Star Wars quality to enjoy MMPR, and having been less than happy with my figures as a kid, these new ones actually do feel more like upgrades, I had the morphing 6 inch figures and their articulation was so-so and their body shapes were poor, these new figures, the females are nice, and the males, though overly He-Manned looke like human forms so that's cool. Paint apps could be better but they're 4 inch figures so no surprise.

Back