Okami

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I choose to turn my nose up because it sucks. And yes I visit a collectible forum, not a toy forum. I can't name any kids that can afford a $1000 statue and can appreciate it like we do. And yes I like asses because I'm a dude and I like art because I'm an artist, and I like Cammy because I grew up with her. Shame on you.

It must be so easy to deflect things with 'because it sucks'. Whatever dude the stuff that is discussed on this board ranges from expensive items to things a kid could buy at a local toy store. Shame on me? For what?

The animed tailored to an older crowd get me even more annoyed. The extreme at what Japanese cartoons take themslves seriously just makes me laugh. I can compare it to American Soaps...it's all drawn out boring conversation and drama. They try to be so deep and introspective, and teach us the meaning of life in a cartoon, plus it comes off as laughable and overly cheesy.

And by getting bored and moving on to bigger and better things, I've grown up.

How is any of what you just said not descriptive of Disney films? Marvel and DC graphic novels and animated films are also introspective and melodramatic, but fans of all ages seem to love those.

Forget it, I'm not bothering anymore.

Okami. It's a great game.

It must be so easy to deflect things with 'because it sucks'. Whatever dude the stuff that is discussed on this board ranges from expensive items to things a kid could buy at a local toy store. Shame on me? For what?

How is any of what you just said not descriptive of Disney films? Marvel and DC graphic novels and animated films are also introspective and melodramatic, but fans of all ages seem to love those.

Forget it, I'm not bothering anymore.

Okami. It's a great game.

You love to derail threads to take on personal vendettas huh? Don't contaminate our Okami thread with your virus.

Starkiller vs. plasmid303. Round... I lost count. You guys make the perfect "playground" enemies. A match made in forum hell :lol.

crybaby1.jpg

Anyway, on topic, I'd love to see an HD upgrade of Okami on the PS3. It's like the perfect game for the Playstation Move.

Anyway, on topic, I'd love to see an HD upgrade of Okami on the PS3. It's like the perfect game for the Playstation Move.

Perhaps. I played the wii version and while the game itself was good, I had huge problems drawing on the screen when it was necessary. My strokes would be way off even though I was doing them perfectly.

If Capcom did a straight port or just a visual upgrade without tweaking the motion controls and drastically improving them, then I would say don't even bother to bring it to the PS3.

You love to derail threads to take on personal vendettas huh? Don't contaminate our Okami thread with your virus.

Pfff. :lol

Starkiller vs. plasmid303. Round... I lost count. You guys make the perfect "playground" enemies. A match made in forum hell :lol.

The difference is that I don't resort to name-calling or low-blows.

Solidus, on more than one occasion it was you who got between me and Starkiller before we killed each other. :lol[/QUOTE]

Okay okay. :peace

Rather than doing an HD upgrade of the first game, a sequel would be nice. Okamiden (for DS) looks nice, but a game like Okami really needs the power of an HD machine.

Perhaps. I played the wii version and while the game itself was good, I had huge problems drawing on the screen when it was necessary. My strokes would be way off even though I was doing them perfectly.

If Capcom did a straight port or just a visual upgrade without tweaking the motion controls and drastically improving them, then I would say don't even bother to bring it to the PS3.

The game was unforgiving, though I love it at times I wonder if it was tested. I drew lines and circles sometimes 15 times, and had to redo parts watching cutscenes over and over again as the game explained to me what I had to do. I knew what I had to do but my circle or strokes weren't registering and it was a very frustrating experience. I tried to push a ball in recessed hole in the game for 5 minutes...

It makes you wonder if anyone tested the wii controls at all.

I had issues with the Wii version of Okami's controls as well, to the extent that I found it much easier and quicker to draw on the PS2 version using the thumbstick. However, having seen Beat Sketchers and the painting parts of Start the Party I don't think there'd be any issues controlling the celestial brush with the Move.

Not sure about Okamiden at all, It looks like a complete rehash of Okami but with chibi versions of the characters and crappy graphics.

I had issues with the Wii version of Okami's controls as well, to the extent that I found it much easier and quicker to draw on the PS2 version using the thumbstick. However, having seen Beat Sketchers and the painting parts of Start the Party I don't think there'd be any issues controlling the celestial brush with the Move.

Not sure about Okamiden at all, It looks like a complete rehash of Okami but with chibi versions of the characters and crappy graphics.

So every wii game?

So, I'm just wondering, did anyone pick up Okamiden as yet? I pre-ordered it from the Capcom store in January, along with the chibitarasu keychain. I'm just waiting for it to ship :(.

So, I'm just wondering, did anyone pick up Okamiden as yet? I pre-ordered it from the Capcom store in January, along with the chibitarasu keychain. I'm just waiting for it to ship :(.

I've heard you are not alone. The Capcom store isn't known to be on top of things.

Was just checking out some ebay stuff, and saw there was an awesome looking Okami statue. News to me! Does anyone own one?

Back