OK...This is INSANITY!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love it that its always I need to take off the rose tinted glasses. Maybe, its others need to take off the bitchy/whiney glasses they have on

Oh my God. Far be it from someone to be allowed to express an opinion that is different to yours. Shipping five items or more at the same time would hit most collectors hard.

It constantly amazes me how people have to find fault with things that aren't really problems.

In your opinion. If people have expressed dissatisfaction then this must have affected some collectors and presumably many others too who have not posted. Just because you don't consider it a problem for yourself, does not mean that others feel the same.

People used to complain when they missed the projected shipping dates. Now they're complaining when they make them.

You're missing the point. The point is why could the shipping not be staggered over a period of months instead of the rush job.

Oh my God. Far be it from someone to be allowed to express an opinion that is different to yours. Shipping five items or more at the same time would hit most collectors hard.

Thats not a problem. I just think its funny how people seem to @#%$ about the silliest things like a company actually hitting its shipping dates. I know exactly how hard it hurts when you get so many items at once.

In your opinion. If people have expressed dissatisfaction then this must have affected some collectors and presumably many others too who have not posted. Just because you don't consider it a problem for yourself, does not mean that others feel the same.

Of course others may always feel like something is a problem but does that really make it one? No! There are a lot of things with collecting, the world, etc that I think might be problems but that doesn't mean it is one.

You're missing the point. The point is why could the shipping not be staggered over a period of months instead of the rush job

Why should they have to stagger them? When something is done its time to ship it. They give the buyer notification that certain items will ship in q3 if "YOU" are willing to order say all 5 items shipping in that quarter "YOU" are willing to take that risk. Its called standing up and being adult enough to know "YOUR" risks! Quit passing the blame off because "YOU" had to have all the items shipping in one particular quarter.

Of course others may always feel like something is a problem but does that really make it one? No!

Of course it does. If you don't consider it a problem then that is your choice. However, others may consider it a problem.

I know you have difficulty expressing an opinion other than something that praises Sideshow but others are allowed to express opinions to the contrary. It is just a pity that you are unable to appreciate the opinions of others.

Of course it does. If you don't consider it a problem then that is your choice. However, others may consider it a problem.

Well, this problem is a self created problem by those who had to buy everything that was due in the same quarter.

I know you have difficulty expressing an opinion other than something that praises Sideshow but others are allowed to express opinions to the contrary. It is just a pity that you are unable to appreciate the opinions of others.

SS hasn't done anything ever thats worth me complaining about. Also any complaints I've had I've brought up with my contacts at SS. The opinions that are brought up about SS the company not the products mind you tend to get silly just like this one. They are being to slow with getting stuff out or they are too fast:rolleyes Again, it appears others are wanting to put the blame on SS for not being able to hold off on ordering every @#%$ piece that comes up. Sometimes you just have to say "NO I WON'T ORDER THIS!" People would rather order everything then @#%$ that it all hits at once because its more convient to blame someone else thant take @#%$ responsibility for themsleves.

SS hasn't done anything ever thats worth me complaining about. Also any complaints I've had I've brought up with my contacts at SS.

Josh, can you string together a logical argument in which you don't contradict yourself in consecutive sentences?

The main issue, in my opinion, is that the line has been produced over a number of years and has created a lot of dedicated collectors who have sacrificed a lot to build up their collections. To then create a rush job and knock all of the statues, busts, etc in the space of six months is an insult to those collectors.

I am majorly pissed! Seriously, I think it's very poor planning. Add up the total cost of all those 5 statues I got notices for, then add shipping for EACH because there's no way in hell Sideshow will ship any together, and around this time of the year that hits pretty hard. I love these things and it used to be the case where I didnt mind when stuff was shipping because I was getting it for retail so it was ok, but that was when they were shipping stuff over a period of months, not half the line in half a year!! I'm supposed to be going to Prague for new year and on another holiday in december as well as owing people lots of money and there's just no way I can afford everything. I've been drawing up lists of what I could sell and it's been my dream for a long time to have allof these things displayed together, think of the quality on show! So when you're in THAT situation and then you get five shipping notices as soon as you switch your computer on, you can't blame people for cursing Sideshow for not thinking of their collectors. It is not bitching, it is serious upset and alarm, particularly for me and for anyone else who has a life outside of Sideshow.

And yes....we did know things were coming towards the end of the year but not all at once!! I do not blame Sideshow for no reason but I do think this was an error in judgement, I fully expected things to be spaced out until around summer next year. How dare you blame other people for ordering something they love but then complain when it all comes together!

"They are being to slow with getting stuff out or they are too fast" That's exactly the problem!! There's no balance, it's not thought out.

CCT hits the nail on the head here, I have spent bloody thousands on this fantastic stuff, as you can see from my photos, and I'm amazed they're rushing everything out so quickly.

SS hasn't done anything ever thats worth me complaining about. Also any complaints I've had I've brought up with my contacts at SS

:rollin ... sorry, this one killed me!

And please quit with the b*tching remarks. The majority of people 'complaining' about shipping aren't knocking Sideshow's ability to produce high quality product, they're knocking the fact they'll be in the frustrating scenario of having to sacrifice a few orders and not knowing when or if they'll be able to purchase those pieces for retail at a later date.

In all likelihood it will be pretty easy, but some people don't use ebay. Others would just want the security Sideshow offers with it's return and replacement policy.

Let's try and keep this thread civil. Of course people can express their displeasure, but there's no reason to attack others for their differing opinions.

Let's try and keep this thread civil. Of course people can express their displeasure, but there's no reason to attack others for their differing opinions.

At last, you are putting Josh in his place!

Off topic I know, but Dave, seeing as you are clearly familiar with the use of the apostrophe, can you educate Josh in its usage?

Josh, can you string together a logical argument in which you don't contradict yourself in consecutive sentences?

You got me there. I should have thought that out better in the sentence in your quote. I should have finished my thought better in that first sentence. I should have finished it by saying "complaining about like this on the message board."

The main issue, in my opinion, is that the line has been produced over a number of years and has created a lot of dedicated collectors who have sacrificed a lot to build up their collections. To then create a rush job and knock all of the statues, busts, etc in the space of six months is an insult to those collectors.

They are not creating a rush job. They are hitting their shipping marks by getting stuff in the quarter they said. They never gave an exact month cause things happen that could cause it to maybe be in the first month of Q3 but it gets delayed to the second month when a couple of other items just happen to get done. That just simply falls into the @#%$ happens categorie. No, they are insulting themselves by not better planning their finances to prepare incase they decide to order all 5 items that might hit in the same quarter. Again, people need quit making excuses and step up and admit they @#%$ up by ordering everything that shipped in the same quarter.

I am majorly pissed! Seriously, I think it's very poor planning

It is poor planning buy "US" the buyers for having to have everything that ships in the same quarter.

I'm supposed to be going to Prague for new year and on another holiday in december as well as owing people lots of money and there's just no way I can afford everything.

I had to underline part of this. That totally makes my point. People cannot simply afford everything. So why do people think they have to order everythin the when the stuff ships on time @#%$ cause they made the date. Its not SS fault, bowen, etc for hitting their dates its "OUR" fault as buyers for not keeping that itchy trigger finger in check.

I've been drawing up lists of what I could sell and it's been my dream for a long time to have allof these things displayed together, think of the quality on show!

I totally understand that wanting to own all the SSW stuff. Its somethin I would like to do myself well with the statues that is. However, if its "THAT" important to you to own all the SSW statues, busts, helms, etc then you may have to make concessions with your trips or the money your spending elsewhere.

So when you're in THAT situation and then you get five shipping notices as soon as you switch your computer on, you can't blame people for cursing Sideshow for not thinking of their collectors.

I understand the feeling of SOB man five things at once and trying to figure how thats going to work financially, but I don't blame them I blame myself for not being able to say "NO" I won't order all the items shipping in the same quarter.

It is not bitching, it is serious upset and alarm, particularly for me and for anyone else who has a life outside of Sideshow.

People should be upset at themselves for ordering everything that came up to order. Especially, when a person (yes even me :lol ) has a life outside SS.

The majority of people 'complaining' about shipping aren't knocking Sideshow's ability to produce high quality product, they're knocking the fact they'll be in the frustrating scenario of having to sacrifice a few orders and not knowing when or if they'll be able to purchase those pieces for retail at a later date.

I'm not saying anything about people complaining about the quality of the SS product. I'm talking about the complaints that its SS fault they have too much on order. You can't always blame someone else for your problems. As the Rolling Stones said You don't always get what you want.:rock

At last, you are putting Josh in his place!

What am I not exactly being Civil about? I'm just saying that be an adult and don't blame someone else for ordering too much stuff.

Off topic I know, but Dave, seeing as you are clearly familiar with the use of the apostrophe, can you educate Josh in its usage?

See now your getting personal.

Well most of them were announced at the same time (with the exception of amon hen and weathertop (which I think have been sat on the shelf for some time IMO)).

One explination of all the shipping notices (21 days) is a big delivery on the way to the Euro warehouse.:speech

Just like catching a bus.......they always come in multiples.Lol

:peace :p eace:peace :p eace:peace :p eace:peace :p eace:peace

See now your getting personal.

My point exactly. ' Your ' should be ' you're '. An it's not getting personal, it's called expressing yourself in an articulate and grammatically correct manner.

Everybody knows that this hobby can quite easily become an addiction and you (Josh) condemning people for trying to buy everything at once is not on. It is obvious that everybody should only buy what they can afford but this is easier said than done. That is another issue. The issue in this post is that Sideshow are shipping too many items in such a short period of time. They did say this would happen but that does not mean that it could not have been staggered better.

My point exactly. ' Your ' should be ' you're '. An it's not getting personal, it's called expressing yourself in an articulate and grammatically correct manner.

I've said before my grammar sucks and hell I even make jokes about it. It does get old when people like you seem to feel the need to point it out. Just read the post and make a reply if you feel the need otherwise who gives a fly @#%$ about my grammar.

Everybody knows that this hobby can quite easily become an addiction and you (Josh) condemning people for trying to buy everything at once is not on. It is obvious that everybody should only buy what they can afford but this is easier said than done. That is another issue. The issue in this post is that Sideshow are shipping too many items in such a short period of time. They did say this would happen but that does not mean that it could not have been staggered better.

I'm not codeming people. I'm simply saying don't blame SS for a person feeling the need to buy everything. I agree its much easier said than done. They are shipping the items in the quarter they said they would. People have been clued into this since these items where announced by SS. When these went up you had to think the possiblity of these all shipping at once was high at least I did. I don't disagree that a couple could have been shipped if done in the first month of Q3, and them maybe the last few in the last month of Q3, but that didn't happen so you always have to be prepared.

Other than that I don't have anything else to say on this subject.:dance

You fellows are goin' at it worse than Mr. FB & I were! :lol

:grouphug :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

C'mon folks, have a pint! :toast :toast :toast :toast

Other than that I don't have anything else to say on this subject.

That'll be a first.

I stand by the approach that this could have been handled a lot better and, furthermore, this can only get worse as the end of year approaches. Christmas is a bloody expensive time as it is but with some high end statues on the horizon, hard times will continue.

Back