OK...This is INSANITY!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: What?

Josh, can you please explain how it is that you're privy to all the policy decsions that SS make? How do you know that they can't store it all?? I don't recall anyone from SS detailing the size, layout or capacity of their facilities???

Just stuff I've been told :) I can't go into it more than that. I'll probably be looked at as I'm just Bullshitting but thats not the case.

Nobody suggests that they should fill the warehouse with goods and then ship them one at a time. What we're trying to say is that if the production process was better planned, they could stagger the shipments and make it easier on their customers. OK, it might slow their cashflow, but the point we're trying to make is that we all have cashflow issues. I certainly do.

They try as this is why they have gone to these items will ship in Q3. That gives them a three month area to hit and they are hitting that period with many of these. Honestly the way they are doing it now is about as good as it could get. They tell you an item is or should ship in a certain quarter they cant give you an exact month, and if your willing to order all the same items that ship in the same quarter thats on you not the company.

Just for once Josh, please take off the rose tinted glasses and try to accept that the mighty SS could maybe make a mistake, or error of judgement. They're only human after all, as we all are

I love it that its always I need to take off the rose tinted glasses. Maybe, its others need to take off the bitchy/whiney glasses they have on. :dunno SS says they are gonna ship items in a certain quarter and they are. They simply cannot say they are for sure going to ship an item in a certain month. Its really just not that easy after working for a major manufacturing company its very hard to do. So if someone goes and order 5 pieces that are supposed to ship in q3 "your" risking a mess of all coming in a short period of time. It simply isn't the compaines fault for stuff coming in at once. the buyer is responsible for what they order.

It's not just LotR, lots of other big ticket items are also shipping. It's inevitable that some things will ship at the same times when they're putting out so many items. Personally I want to get my stuff as soon as it's ready rather than have them held back.

I find it amazing how a few people on this board always manage to find a way to side with sideshow regardless of the situation.

I find it amazing how a few people on this board always manage to find a way to side with sideshow regardless of the situation.

It just comes down to using your common sense to figure they are going to have stuff that hits at one time on occassion when they have so many different lines. I find it amazing how many people @#%$ constantly about things either if its late or on time.

It constantly amazes me how people have to find fault with things that aren't really problems.

People used to complain when they missed the projected shipping dates. Now they're complaining when they make them.

No manufacturer can afford to keep product just sitting around, it isn't cost effective and any reasonable customer wouldn't want that anyway.

Calm down people, this is nothing to get worked up over. :arwen

If I recall correctly, Amon Hen and Sauron had 4th quarter shipping dates and both came MONTHS early which does hurt considering that's on top of a lot of 3rd Quarter items shipping.

I clearly remember being told to expect Sauron in Nov/Dec so I can't get angry at anyone complaining about a $300 piece shipping early if they had planned their budget around it.

It constantly amazes me how people have to find fault with things that aren't really problems.

People used to complain when they missed the projected shipping dates. Now they're complaining when they make them.

No manufacturer can afford to keep product just sitting around, it isn't cost effective and any reasonable customer wouldn't want that anyway.

I think thats about as perfectly said as it can get.

WELL SAID!

Well said!!!

I mean it is at times some would give their first born if SS asked!!!! :rolleyes

Re: WELL SAID!

I dont think it is siding with Sideshow, I mean notices were sent out. Posts were made. Their ready to ship.

But anyway Bring em on!

Now if only these would ship also:

Han 1/4
Doom 1/4
Vader 1/4
Obi Wan 1/4
Punisher 1/4

:bliss :bliss :bliss :bliss :bliss :bliss :bliss :bliss :bliss :bliss

There are far more of the bitchers than the supporters thats a freaking fact.

From the sound of that..........

A LONG OVER DUE :wilkommen to the beeyatch club!! ;) :lol

That's right...Q3 isn't over yet! I have Han and the Battle Troll on preorder, and they are both still listed as 3rd quarter releases. If they are still on schedule, we ought to be getting the 30 day warning in this or next week's newsletter.

I am not affected by the notifications since i've nada on order LOTR-wise. I still think they ought to have made some pieces a little larger, as now it's pretty evident if you had things on order you'd get hit no matter what.

It can and will be a problem for some collectors NON-US, that'll end up receiving all the environments, plus Pippin, plus Galadriel, plus Battle Troll plus Gothmog on Warg at the same time!

:lol

I've been expecting to hear about the Battle Troll at anytime.

As much as a shock as it was to find out Sauron was coming in September, it will be nice to have him out of the way and have a couple free months where nothing is shipping (I think). :p

maybe they should have thought of the flexpay thing earlier, and have it applied on customers' request like in this case some of you here have quite a no of items shipping at one go which is too much for the wallet/cc to take. :dunno

AND.................... they'll ship em all individually so's we pay 5 lots of shipping :poke :help :bang :thwak :bliss :bliss :bliss

:lol :lol

:bonk :eye :bonk

YEA BABY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:p
BRING THEM ON !!!!!!!!:banana
SIDESHOW ROCKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rock
Bill
:gandalf

Were all these items stated as an expected delivery of Q305.
If so, can't see what the complaint is about except for SS actually coming through on this.

But I can see everyone's point of view if they have 5 items shipping as expected and then suddenly Sauron shipping earlier than its slated release. Bit hard on the CC i agree but imagine the logistical nightmare if SS managed everyones account seperately in its shipping rules.

Q3 items delivering in Q3. Fine, should have had funds in place.
Sauron arriving 3 months early in Q3. Unfair to some, great for others.

Honestly gang its not just SS, I collect Bowen Marvel and they have had the biggest shipping month this year, 5 Statues, and 7 mini busts.... Its all in the factory in China and then whats loaded on the boat... Not to mention most of the toy company have s tremendous amount landing now also, Hasbro, McFarlane, NECA, Mezco.....

Back