Ohio Teen Killed Mom Over Video Game

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did he think they would they would respawn??

They don't!?!?!? :horror

That is seriously screwed up.

Well yes, but since the whole thing was about Halo 3 I'd be a little pissed if he just left it behind.

this is proof that gears of war is better than halo.

Okay, but I'll give it definitive kudos once someone is killed by Lancer Assault Rifle

Whats so wrong with Flada? :dunno All that happenned was alot of sight seeing and continuously being winked at by then men. It was swell.

Well....four out of five radio shows always do weird Florida crimes segments not to mention laws like this are on the books:

If an elephant is left tied to a parking meter, the parking fee has to be paid just as it would for a vehicle

Men may not be seen publicly in any kind of strapless gown.

Having sexual relations with a porcupine is illegal.

You may not fart in a public place after 6 PM.

They say that laws don't become laws until there is a need....

And of course the fact that there was a gun in the house had nothing to do with this whatsoever

Guns don't kill people...this guy does:

2007-RichardKiel%20%5B640x480%5D.jpg

Blaming the gun is really no better than blaming the video game.

Remember when people were just screwed up? There wasn't an neverending quest to find a justification or reasoning, it was just criminals were criminals and let's punish them?

Blaming the gun is really no better than blaming the video game.

I've never seen someone killed with a copy of Super Mario Bros

I understand it's part of the American Constitution and such a normal part of life for some Americans. Here it's not and to have a child who's obviously mentally unbalanced know where the gun is and how to get access to it shows that maybe a little more gun control might be in order.

I don't want to start a flame war or anything like this, it's just an opinion from a country where we have very strict laws on gun control. To me it's shocking when you can go into Wal*Mart and get a rifle, but you can't get a CD with swearing on it.

I do approve of the U.S.'s stance on alcohol though, is too easy for kids here to get that.

Guns don't kill people...this guy does:

2007-RichardKiel%20%5B640x480%5D.jpg

I have no idea who that is :lol

Not so much that their was a gun in a ministers house, the fact that it was easily accessible to child! Plus he took the game with him, but not the system?

Is that really shocking? It's a gun. I recommend you buy yourself one for home defense (it's a mad world).

And the kid is 17, not a child. Now granted, if he's 'tarded it wouldn't be a good idea to have it within his reach, but I just don't buy it. I think he's probably a little off, but more importantly, like most of society these days he's a spoiled brat that didn't get what he wanted.

Teach these little f-ers that they're nothing more than a scientific mishap, and they'll treat others (even parents) likewise.

:lecture

Blaming something other than the parents is a very modern thing. You can blame the rise of suburbia and the upper middle class.

No one wants to be told they are sh@#$y parents so they form crusades to deflect the blame. It's much easier to spend your life trying to get rid of something than to actually try and raise a child, i mean have you seen children today? Their crazy because of all the video games and gangsta rap.

Sadly something like this happened to a friend of mine... it was in Ohio, but I can't remember the town. But anyway, the next door neighbor (who was 17 or so) one day decided to walk over and shoot my friend's mom in the head. She was killed and he fled.

Afterward the paper talked about him smoking pot and playing video games before hand. As if one had something to do with the other. He was eventually caught and went to prison, but I think it was only like 17 years.

At 17 a person has full awareness of themselves and their actions. They know right from wrong and they also know about the consequences.

Yes and no... I would agree more with that statement 30-40 years ago when people were more independent a young age. But current teenagers are incredibly immature and while they look like adults are not as capable of the same level of decision making, or even seeing longterm consequences. I think in our quest to speed-up the growth of our kids we've actually done more damage to them. Kids who grow up w/o having a childhood in which they can actively explore decisions (good and bad, right and wrong) grow up to be severely socially impaired.

I'm not saying that this kid is deserving of just a slap on the wrist, but to say all 17 year-olds are the same as adults is incorrect IMO. Not that being 18 magically makes a difference. Hell I work with primarily 18-24 year-olds and the difference between those two ages is immense.

Yes and no... I would agree more with that statement 30-40 years ago when people were more independent a young age. But current teenagers are incredibly immature and while they look like adults are not as capable of the same level of decision making, or even seeing longterm consequences. I think in our quest to speed-up the growth of our kids we've actually done more damage to them. Kids who grow up w/o having a childhood in which they can actively explore decisions (good and bad, right and wrong) grow up to be severely socially impaired.

I'm not saying that this kid is deserving of just a slap on the wrist, but to say all 17 year-olds are the same as adults is incorrect IMO. Not that being 18 magically makes a difference. Hell I work with primarily 18-24 year-olds and the difference between those two ages is immense.

I understand what you mean. But the knowledge of life and death is learned far earlier than 17. This is really what I was trying to get at. I do believe we grow and mature much more past the age of 17 but some things are fundamental. This kid was just not right mentally.

Got ya, I wasn't sure all of what you meant. And I agree as well... I think its telling though that we seem to hear more and more. I wonder if its just news is more accessible, or if there really is an increase; either way its disturbing that these kind of things happen.

This is also true. I have to be with them every day...so I knows.

How could he not have been aware that once his mom was dead she was gone forever? That is seriously messed up, he needs to be tried as an adult and he needs to be closely monitored for the rest of his life! Short fuse me thinks

Back