Ohio Teen Killed Mom Over Video Game

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"I firmly believe that Daniel Petric had no idea at the time he hatched this plot that if he killed his parents they would be dead forever," Lorain County Common Pleas Judge James Burge said.

Did he think they would they would respawn??

I like how yet again they blame the game for this kids warped ass mind. He is 17 and old enough to know the difference.

Deputy prosecuting attorney Anthony Cillo argued during the trial that the teenager had planned to make it appear to be a murder-suicide by putting the gun in his father's hand.
Defense Attorney James Kersey said that when the teenager fled the grisly scene, he only took one item with him: the "Halo 3" game.

That is seriously screwed up.

Is anyone surprised by this :dunno

The news is filled every day with stories like this.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/c5IIXeR5OUI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/c5IIXeR5OUI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

:cool:

That is seriously screwed up.

That is messed up, but can he really blame the game? I grew up watching probably the most violent cartoons a kid could watch and never thought of repeating any of it. I watched Bugs Bunny, Popeye, Tom and Jerry and the VIOLENCE was the comical part of these cartoons. The fact that he thought enough to make it look like murder suicide, means he knew what he was doing.

That is messed up, but can he really blame the game? I grew up watching probably the most violent cartoons a kid could watch and never thought of repeating any of it. I watched Bugs Bunny, Popeye, Tom and Jerry and the VIOLENCE was the comical part of these cartoons. The fact that he thought enough to make it look like murder suicide, means he knew what he was doing.

I agree.....I hope he gets tried as an adult.....When I was a kid (jr. high through high school)I was a HUGE fan of slasher/horror movies.....it was practically all I watched.....and I never had thoughts of murdering anyone. It's a lame excuse to blame the game and I hope the prosecutors and judge see right through it.

if I was truly influenced by all the tv, movies, video games, books, and music that i have watched and listened to over the years, i would be one seriously messed up kid that would need to be locked away forever x10

hate it when the medium is blamed, and not the person/parents.

Hey BXCOLLEKTA are you in the city? I'm just over the river , right by the Meadowlands. By the way, your signature freaks me out!

no i live in the bronx but im always in the city hanging out with family and friends

glad you like the sig, FREAKSHOW :rock

I like how yet again they blame the game for this kids warped ass mind. He is 17 and old enough to know the difference.

I know what you're saying dude but games, movies and music are dangerous to the already weak minded. Thats the problem with our world today, we are content having all kinds of freedoms but could care less when someone that needs proper guidance is left out in the cold.

Thats just how I see it.

Back