Oh Crap...a Blade Runner sequel in the works...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is an idea that has been discussed many times on the BR sites. It could be a great film. It won't be though. The elements for a great trilogy are there, but no one will be able to do it. The awful book sequels prove that.

H'W'D has a way of fumbling even the simplest stories. It couldn't even get a comic book right if it meant life or death.

I could make it work if I had a free hand in it. So could many BR fans. That won't happen either.

Last edited:
Dispite my previous statement, I wouldnt mind a new story set in this world. With today's tech, the city scapes would look mind blowing.

At least we could get collectibles...

:lol ...that was my first thought too...c'mon HT, do the figures!
But...isn't BR still wrapped up in legal hell with rights-owners and the like?

And even if that stuff was all solved and this could be a "go", haven't most (if not all) of the major story elements, concepts and designs been riffed on in movies and TV shows already over the last 30 years, rendering this to "has-been" status before it even starts? It'd have to be a helluva script and some great designs to rattle our jaded senses after all these years....

Even if all of the relevant parties were interested...I'd say the ship has sailed on this one.

It's like the news of Ridley wanting to re-visit "Alien" again, only from the "space jockey's" view and with all-new alien designs (courtesy of Giger, of course). Now, on the surface, it sounds intriguing, but...I just don't want to get my hopes up over something that may just be a strained effort of attempting to catch lightning in the ole bottle again...

I think a "Blade Runner" sequel is an even bigger stretch...

I am totally open to another movie in that setting... but there was nothing about the original characters that I felt I needed closure or more details on. I could care less if Deckard and his fancy sex doll live out their happy lives and grow old on a porch swing or hit their expiration date the very next day.

In fact the only character I could see having a place ini a sequel would be Olmos'.

Back