BLADE RUNNER - what's the holdup?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnny Utah

Credits will do fine
CF Supporter
Reaction score
I've been scanning through the special features of the Final Cut recently and god damnit I really want figures from that movie.I'm sure there are some fans at HT or SS that want them too.As far as I know,the obstacles to getting them made are:

Jerry Perenchio and Bud Yorkin - these two men own the Blade Runner partnership.Any licencing has to go through them first and foremost.

Ridley Scott - Ridley is a huge fan of collectibles.He had to have final say on the SOTA Darkness figure before it was released.

The actors...Harrison Ford's likeness for Solo and Jones is owned by Lucasfilm and is a blanket likeness for any and all media,like figures,films,comics and games. For an officially licenced Deckard figure to be made, one would have to approach the man via his agent and have him sign off on his likeness with the prototype in hand. The same can be said of the other actors like Hauer,Young,Olmos,the estate of Brion James and so on.

Warner Brothers - HT or SS would have to start here at WB's licencing department for reference as well as contacts for approval issues.

This licence is a grail of mine as I'm sure it is of many others on this and other boards. I'd really like people like Andy Bergholtz and Trevor Grove to chime in and offer their professional opinions on what they would like to see as well as any possible effort that has and is possibly currently being made to make sure these items see the light of day.

How the hell can lucas own any any all likenesses for any actor that worked in two of his co films. Sounds like they got pwned by that greedy sellout punk lucas, hope they fired their agents.

How the hell can lucas own any any all likenesses for any actor that worked in two of his co films. Sounds like they got pwned by that greedy sellout punk lucas, hope they fired their agents.

I don't think that's what he was saying. Instead, Lucas owns the rights for what Han and Indy look like, which means Ford's likeness can be represented exactly in any Star Wars or Indy merchandise without the actor having to sign off on it (instead it's Lucas's merchandising people who need to approve the look). If any other figure of Ford were to be made, the makers would need to approach both Ford and the filmmaker to secure their approval on the look of that particular character.

I don't think that's what he was saying. Instead, Lucas owns the rights for what Han and Indy look like, which means Ford's likeness can be represented exactly in any Star Wars or Indy merchandise without the actor having to sign off on it (instead it's Lucas's merchandising people who need to approve the look). If any other figure of Ford were to be made, the makers would need to approach both Ford and the filmmaker to secure their approval on the look of that particular character.

That is correct.

I believe Perenchio and Yorkin are the two biggest stumbling blocks. We should feel lucky they even allowed the release of the collector's edition DVD.

Get the Android Hunter and Android 001 figures... sure they're far from perfect, but with a little work both are pretty damn cool.

Get the Android Hunter and Android 001 figures... sure they're far from perfect, but with a little work both are pretty damn cool.

IF you can find them for an OK price...

Btw, do you guys think that the brown suit from the HT Clark Cent figure will make a good suit for Deckard? I need a suit for my Deckard. And a gun. And a tie. And a shirt. And a better head.

Cause Lucas is pretty much the smartest man that has ever lived.

IF you can find them for an OK price...

Btw, do you guys think that the brown suit from the HT Clark Cent figure will make a good suit for Deckard? I need a suit for my Deckard. And a gun. And a tie. And a shirt. And a better head.

They fluctuate a lot on eBay, one week selling for over $200 the next for $60. I don;t think the Clark suit is dark enough and good luck finding the right kind of trenchcoat.

They fluctuate a lot on eBay, one week selling for over $200 the next for $60. I don;t think the Clark suit is dark enough and good luck finding the right kind of trenchcoat.

I have the trenchcoat. I have the android hunter figure actually (thanks to buddy amarcord), but I need the vest, shirt, tie and gun. It's not urgent. I'll find them eventually.
The Clark suit could be dyed I figure. I really think that suits looks slick.

How hard would it be to get a head repainted or acquire a good painted frontline head like the one that guy on rebelscum had years ago?

I believe Perenchio and Yorkin are the two biggest stumbling blocks. We should feel lucky they even allowed the release of the collector's edition DVD.

Yep. Personally I'm waiting for their estates to get the rights. Bud Yorkin, who directed such hits as Arthur 2: On the Rocks, is 82. Perenchio, who is head of Univision and after helping W get ellected is now raising money for McCain, is 76.

My holy Grail too!!
The Android Hunter figures are great and do come up well with repaints. I thoroughly recommend tem to anyone.

Agreed. Awesome figures to begin with, and with the right sculpts they're as good as anything licensed could probably ever give us.

Still....I'd love to see what HT could do with Deckard....:drool

Back