Oglavaeil The Executioner Premium Format Figure (Court of the dead)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Troll ?? You think im a troll ??? Guess you missed the thing by my name that says join date. 6 years... 6 long years i have been on this board... Staying silent up until recent. For over a decade i have been buying sideshow products. And now that i see this new trend... And i voice my opinion... Thats not just mine but shared by many. Fanboys and those blind to it get upset. If i was a new member i could see you making accusations about me and my motives... Bit as of recent i have spent over $1000 on sideshow pieces. And what i recieve are sub par broken products that i dont even know if im the first owner of it. And i cant be upset ?? I cant open my eyes and see this garbage. Sideshow has stated originally it was meant to be sold together... But then they changed their mind and now their seperate ?? Maybe its their way of making up all their losses from their alien lsb's and man of pvc maquette they just put out...or maybe their pvc r2d2 or even their shoddy $2000+ dollar iron man statue. Yeah but im the troll right ??

You're sure acting like one regardless of when you signed up for how long you've been a member. You're certainly allowed to state your opinion, but when you go on and on about it it gets repetitive bringing up other issues you've had with the company that aren't relative to this statue at all. Man of pvc? that sounds like trolling considering the vast majority of people who got theirs thoroughly accepted it and enjoy it on their shelves. I'm assuming you're also talking about the R2D2 PF? Get over it, people love that piece and if you ever thought it would be polystone, well you were not really being realistic in your expectations. It would've been IMPOSSIBLE to get all the moving parts, lights, and little details in polystone. That medium is not designed for that nor would it have looked half as good. The other ones you mention have definitely had their assortment of issues, but again none of that is relevant to this piece whatsoever. You were talking about a business decision the company made and are acting like it's a personal attack on you and your family. Guess what man, they aren't out to get you or do you any wrong. They're just a company producing toys.

I understand if you've had some difficulties recently with some pieces and I feel for you if that is the case. I've had my share of broken pieces and disappointments as well, but such is life. There is no reason to vent your hate on this piece when others are in here because they're looking to enjoy the upcoming release and you're sitting there calling people "fools" and "blind", as you so eloquently put it, for not tearing apart the internet over this. Life and this hobby is a lot more enjoyable when you don't let things like this rile you up so much. Things happen, things change, I move on, and I look at the better part of the scenario: the positive side.

And to answer your questions: Yes, a company is allowed to change their minds on things. Again, it's a business.

Hey guys,...did they alter this statue since SDCC? Check out the difference in the eyes:

This is VERY upsetting to me if true. The "dripping" eye detail was one of the best details on this statue for me and now the eyes look quite generic....

Could it also mean the base was really originally one piece, and then they remade it with separate bases?

The eye thing will REALLY disappoint me if true.

As stated in the other forum, I'm fine with either one. They both look good if you ask me, but I can understand if you are disappointed. I think the newer one might make it seem more supernatural with the eyes behind the mask versus the old one with the eyes globbed up and almost drooping out.

Is it a deal breaker for you?

Very excited to order Oglavaeil, I think he's the best in the COTD line. I would have liked the dog to be included but I'm not going to pay $100+.
Oglavaeil is cool enough on his own

He's certainly up there for me. I'm on the fence about the dog, but it was never a part of the design I absolutely loved so I'm fine now that I can have a choice. I'll see once he's listed for pre-order

As stated in the other forum, I'm fine with either one. They both look good if you ask me, but I can understand if you are disappointed. I think the newer one might make it seem more supernatural with the eyes behind the mask versus the old one with the eyes globbed up and almost drooping out.

Is it a deal breaker for you?

Not a deal breaker but it was probably my favorite aspect. It was the first thing I noticed and it always drew me to the face of the statue...

I also prefer the "dripping" eye effect. It fits very well with the rest of his design. He looks like he's unstable, almost falling apart, or maybe easily able to change shape. More of a monster than a (dead) person. So I think the dripping/oozing effect works better, whereas on a character like Xiall it would seem out of place as opposed to the precise and beady eyes she has on the prototype and art print.

IMG_4132_zpsac75ca4f.jpg~original

10897889_895644587146878_8786062505170285373_n.jpg

Sideshow-Oglavaeil-%E2%80%93-The-Executioner-Premium-Format-Figure-6.jpg

oglavaeil-banner.jpg

That's another part of the problem. His eyes just seem like a copy and paste of Xiall's eyes. This actually REALLY bugs me... I'm gonna post a question in the ask Sideshow part on SF and see if Alex will clarify.

To me it's just not the same...

I actually prefer the bottom images eyes to be honest, look tidier. To each his own I guess.
Well that's the point. For this specific character they really shouldn't look "tidier". He looks cool and menacing either way, but the oozing eyes fit his character better IMO.

I think the tidy eyes for both statues look photoshopped in. Also the edge visible on the oozing eye image makes me think that was a mistake or something. It almost looks like it wasn't pushed in all the way.

Back